hard to drift with G25

• Thread starter u982245
  • 64 comments
diverman and GTP_Diverman
i have a logitech G25, and i really like to drift, bit i find it wery hard beacause of the 900 degrees of rotation, does annybody else have the same problem? or does anybody have some good tips ?
or should i buy the new wheel, and is it possible to use the g25 pedals on the new gt wheel? (cause they er the best i`ve tried)

is it just me or is the FF much better in forza2 (but the wheel is crap)

Your wheel must be broken. Better get a new one. ;) haha

I'm just joking.

The only good tip that I can give is practice. It's like learning how to shoot good percentage free throws. If you like doing it, you have to practice to get good at it. It's not the shoes, it's not the wheel, but its the person wearing the shoes. Shoes help, helps give you control, but you are still required to guide that ball into the hoop same as controlling a drift.

I'm just joking.

The only good tip that I can give is practice. It's like learning how to shoot good percentage free throws. If you like doing it, you have to practice to get good at it. It's not the shoes, it's not the wheel, but its the person wearing the shoes. Shoes help, helps give you control, but you are still required to guide that ball into the hoop same as controlling a drift.

i know how to drift, but it soo hard beacasue you have to twirl the wheel soo much more, i would think it is much easier wit a wheel that only turns 360 degrees

Can't G25 use the 180degrees mode? Anyway I think 180 degrees is too short and 900 is too much. 360 is just perfect IMO. Do we have such a wheel?

i know how to drift, but it soo hard beacasue you have to twirl the wheel soo much more, i would think it is much easier wit a wheel that only turns 360 degrees

I can't confirm this, but there is a new steering degree adjustment that can be made in the new Prologue Spec II.
Maybe with the new QTS setup you can change it to be closer to 360.

For drifting the bigger the front wheels degree the better, but of course not over the limit. Those menu settings were for that, I thought.
What he needs is a tuning for the steering wheel itself saying it will turn 360 degrees( insetad of 900) full lock applied to the front wheels full lock. I mean this doesn't have to do a thing with the car front wheels rotation degree. In case I'm missing something please correct me.

right. Unfortunately, the g25 is not like the DFP where you could switch the wheel to 180 degree mode even if game pushes for 900 degrees.

I hope Polyphony will give you an option in their menu to change steering degrees in the g25. To drift with the g25 you really have to be quick with the steering, forcing your way through the force feedback. :)

drifting with this wheel is much harder than on the controller...Everytime i change directions (trying to link a left hander with a right hander) i seem to over turn the wheel too much and i spin out >.<

drifting with this wheel is much harder than on the controller...Everytime i change directions (trying to link a left hander with a right hander) i seem to over turn the wheel too much and i spin out >.<

I always wished the steering response was faster on this wheel for that reason. Going lock to lock should be faster, like how in a real car your front wheels are gona turn as fast as they have to by them selves to keep their grip. I wish this wheel could somehow understand that concept and change its speed depending on that. Just imagine how easy and realistic drifting would be then.

i was hoping that gt5p2 would have a tune up for steering ratio, really tho most of the Japanese drift cars have roughly the same steering ratio as the g25, i fitted my ae86 with a quaife quick rack that made it to 2.5 turns lock to lock. just like the g25.

deadlyz33 you dont have to be quick with the wheel if you get it right, if you get it just right you can steer quite slowly, but not too slow

EDIT: derogatory terms like "Japanese" are not allowed on this forum.

DR

;)

Thinking about some of these requests here.
It's kind of hypocritical coming here on this forum that no body else that is as hardcore, simulation fanatics ...no assist, no abs is chiming in.
But since this revolves around drifting, I will.

People have long demand for simulation. Demanded for a 900 degree wheel, to have a clutch and 6 gated shifting. They want it to represent authentic 900 degree usage.

We are getting closer now and the G25 is part of the process to experience driving and experience it authentically.

Wanting an option to make it compromise it's new features just sounds silly in my opinion.

Do you want it to automatically clutch and shift too?

Rhetorical question.

I'm responding mostly out of sarcasm here, but in all seriousness, the point of my response is chime in and suggest an alternative. If you want 180 degree turning, sell the G25. Logitech sells other those wheels. Logitech GT, the orginal GT3 wheel. If you want close to simulation, keep the G25.

I hope PD would never consider making it possible to adjust the G25 ratio so that it made turning lock to lock easier. Unless the car in the game was equipped that way...if it were a rally car or a F1 car.

It's perfect, don't change it.
This is like asking for stability assist.
Keep it real. Keep the ratios real.

Yes they should keep the ratios real, I mean we've come a long way to see GT5 got realistic enough and it's definitely not the time to screw things up, I'm sure they won't.
The only thing left they can do is work on the speed sensitivity steering so that it matches that of real cars, but maybe they already did. I haven't had the luck to try the new GT5: Prologue yet. Still waiting impatient. :(

cars with lower turn ratio should have them automatically put on the g25. Many track cars have a 360 style turn ratio, and don't the indy cars only turn 180? I would like to see that put on the wheel automatically. However my previous point still stands. The wheel doesn't spin fast enough when you let go of it. I wish the front wheels turned as fast as they are required to in real life in order to stay straight. The wheel just has one set speed to spin when you let go of it and it doesn't feel realistic.

It's kind of hypocritical coming here on this forum that no body else that is as hardcore, simulation fanatics ...no assist, no abs is chiming in.

People have long demand for simulation. Demanded for a 900 degree wheel, to have a clutch and 6 gated shifting. They want it to represent authentic 900 degree usage.

We are getting closer now and the G25 is part of the process to experience driving and experience it authentically.

Wanting an option to make it compromise it's new features just sounds silly in my opinion.

Rhetorical question.

I'm responding mostly out of sarcasm here, but in all seriousness, the point of my response is chime in and suggest an alternative. If you want 180 degree turning, sell the G25. Logitech sells other those wheels. Logitech GT, the orginal GT3 wheel. If you want close to simulation, keep the G25.

I hope PD would never consider making it possible to adjust the G25 ratio so that it made turning lock to lock easier. Unless the car in the game was equipped that way...if it were a rally car or a F1 car.

you have a point, but you forget one important thing, you are talking about realism, go in your car and measure the diameter of your wheel, i bet you thats it is bigger than the g25 (witch have a diameter of only 26 cm) and beacause of that makes twirling it fast really hard and NOT very realistic. i have an old volvo with rear wheel drive and i live in norway (lots of snow in winter) so i "drift" a lot in real life, and it is much easier with a large wheel, and and it dont have to turn it as fast as a g25 to catch and keep a slide, so realistic its not anyway :)

no, what wheel is that ?
It was a very long time ago, I don't remember the name of it. It was a 900 degrees, great quality made black wheel.
When the guy was spining it, it would be silent and smooth, no buzz whatsoever. The guy behind the wheel had racing gloves on, that I remember. The wheel seemed to be really amazing that I can tell you too. It was a custom made most likely. 👍

I'm just joking.

ps im rather ok drifting a AWD car just check out diverman (thats me) on eiger nordwand (online results) but of course not the best

Rhetorical question.

thats a fair comment but like some and yourself are saying alot of cars have smaller ratios than the g25. im sure a real s2000 has 2.4 locks which is not much off 2.5 i suppose. also the guy that has mentioned a bigger wheel is spot on. the main reason i went for g25 is because of the bigger wheel. im seriously thinking of taking the allen key bolts out and sticking a nardi wheel i got, see if it fits.

also i when i mentioned adjusted ratio i was also meaning tie rod ends adjustment. so yoiu can get more lock, doesnt really change the ratio. after reading your comment tho you are right. 900 all the way. i used to play tdu with 900 while most used 300. i guess drifting was pi$$ing me off a bit. however i think i was going to fast, ive slowed down alot and im much more consistent now.

GT has to use realistic degree for particular car, that's a must. But most of road cars have right about those 900° rotation and you need some practice to do drifts with it. Watch some youtube videos with G25 and you'll see. It's perfectly possible and very rewarding when you start to make wheel dancing in your hands the way you want.

hmmmm just got the japanese update. whats happened? ive turned everything off but the car doesnt seem to have any power when drifting? m3 n2 tyres even put the power to 490 but still i cant make the car spin even in mid drift. let me mess about more

well i think its something to do with tyres. im on n1 tyres yet when i rev her in 1st i dont get no needle bouncing off the rev counter like before. its like tc is on but everything is off. guess i will just wait for my eu version to come today

tried more combinations, i thought it maybe just like that for drift mode so i did time trial and the same thing happens. basically its much harder to spin the car. i hope i have left some setting on like a idiot. wish i never updated now

why shouldnt it be adjustable..if it makes it easier to get to grips with the drifting technique..??

then when it clicks, you can wind the degree's back on.

another niggle is that fact the virtual wheel (in cockpit veiw) doesnt move with the same ratio as the G25..in fact the virtual wheel covers jus 360' if im right..?? I know thats down to the arms and the complexity of animimating them further, still annoying tho.

an Rfactor solution would be ideal..choose your rotation and the software puts stops on the wheel to stop you over rotating

i must ask again, in the drifting video (i think its Breaker Ohio) with g25 is it true that i can see the player letting the steering wheel go to spin in his hands with a standard g25?

People scream and shout for 'realism' and then complain when they can't drift using what the majority have asked for.

I bought a Playseat and G25 for realism, including the h-pattern and clutch. Drifting is hard I must admit, but if you adjusted the settings in order to make drifting easier, it does not exactly keep in line with realism.

Back