Hardest Challenge in GT7?

• Thread starter Shirrako
  • 95 comments
United Kingdom
London, UK
Shirrako
What is the most difficult challenge in GT7?

Missions, Licence Tests, Circuit Experience or other races?

For me, the Circuit Experience is quite difficult, I am currently about 78% done with them and 100% done with all missions and licence tests.
Circuit Experience really makes me feel like "I'm good at this game" when you achieve the gold, very satisfying challenge to overcome.

Circuit Experience hands down for me.

Sector 1 on Suzuka is absolute nonsense. I can't get it for the life of me. Gotten so close, just shy of the Gold time on it still after several days. Most other events are still excruciatingly difficult but doable with enough practice and repetition. S-10 was a pain, got it done after a while.

Nurburgring Circuit Experience I stopped midway through, will get back to it at another point.

I remember with GTSport they initially had really difficult times to hit Gold on and then after some update tweaked the Gold requirements for most of the events in the game to make it more accessible. I don't know if they'd do that here, but a very small adjustment of about half a second or less on most of these Circuit Exp. would actually make them just bearable enough to reach for the gold.

driving all of the RWD cars with racing tyres
They're not all terrible, but some are definitely anti staying on the track. I found that without TCS on at least 1 it's nearly impossible to throttle control an entire race on controller with them for the most part if the car has more than 350-400HP on average.

I don't know if they'd do that here, but a very small adjustment of about half a second or less on most of these Circuit Exp. would actually make them just bearable enough to reach for the gold.
Half a second in motorsports is an ice age. They should absolutely leave them alone. Circuit experience is the REAL challenge in this game.

Half a second in motorsports is an ice age. They should absolutely leave them alone. Circuit experience is the REAL challenge in this game.
Agreed. Seems like that epic oldschool difficulty of the GT3 and GT4 ps2 licence tests has moved entirely over to the Circuit Experience, and since nobody asked for Circuit experience in GT Sport, this is a great move as it hits you like a ton of bricks.

I also think that the GOLD times shouldn't be changed for the most part, since it pushes you to think a lot more on how to better yourself rather than "I just barely got it, damn this game is too hard". Circuit Experience is almost like End game content with the difficulty it has, but it's not nessecary, it's also like a side quest rather than something mandatory to gold in order to progress, I like that.

Last edited:
Winning the 2nd race (Suzuka) of the WTC 600 Championship. On the hard setting.

Definitely the most difficult challenge in the entire game for me.

Overall, I am not that disappointed with the "difficulty" in GT7. It's way harder than GT6 and GT Sport but not as hardcore hard as GT4 and GT5 were, some of the events in GT4 and GT5 were simply not possible for 99% of the playerbase.

The game still presents a few challenges that even the good players won't gold it on the first try and have to put some decent effort to gold it (S-10, Nurburgring Circuit Experience Full Lap, WTC 600 2nd race), and at the same time those challenges are achievable by a lot of the player base with due practice (not hardcore).

I was an A ranked driver in GT Sport (could've achieved A+ but I tanked my rank on purpose to get those wins and poles faster and was done with sport mode after the 327 races), was able to Gold the Vettel challenges in GT5 and Diamond in the Hamilton DLC, so I am safe to consider myself a player within the top 2-3% in the ranks. Which is likely why outside of the 3 challenges I bolded above, nothing was that difficult, but not "gold in 1 try" easy either. It's well balanced.

Any event compared to the Vettel and Hamilton challenges is easy by comparison.

Last edited:
Yeah that one is pretty wild. I've attempted it a bunch of times and I think the best I've gotten on hard difficulty is 4th. I just got the Atenza Gr.4 so I might try it in that, it seems to have better cornering than the WRX Gr.4 but not as good top end.

edit: was thinking about WTC 700 for some reason. Yeah, the NSX in the WTC 600 is fast. Can never catch up to it on hard, usually off by at least 5 seconds.

Last edited:
Yeah I wouldn't mind them calibrating all the tests/circuit experiences as they get more player data but giving half a second on 24-35 second trials across the board would be way too easy.

Gran Turismo 7 100% Completed!
utrei.JPG

All Circuit Experience Gold
All Licence Test Gold
All Missions Gold

(Using Logitech G923 Wheel)

Gran Turismo 7 100% Completed!
View attachment 1129561
All Circuit Experience Gold
All Licence Test Gold
All Missions Gold

(Using Logitech G923 Wheel)
Hey, you've still got 9.9 more years to go until you can say you've truly completed it, gotta catch 'em all :P

Jokes aside, congrats! The Circuit Experiences are definitely harder than Sport, the licenses are quite tricky as well. I've only done a couple of missions so I can't comment on the difficulty but I hear the fuel saving ones are challenging.

just done everything apart from the event races. all challenges, licenses and circuit experiences. by far the hardest things were the circuit experiences, with nordschleife being the hardest purely because of the length of the track and how the bmw feels like it floats around uncontrollably (1 tcs and -2 brake bias)

but notable ones were the first sector of suzuka and only the first sector, in which I felt like I had to drift the car around the esses to get a gold, catalunya in the lamborghini, and sector 2 of trial mountain in the audi

Yeah that one is pretty wild. I've attempted it a bunch of times and I think the best I've gotten on hard difficulty is 4th. I just got the Atenza Gr.4 so I might try it in that, it seems to have better cornering than the WRX Gr.4 but not as good top end.

edit: was thinking about WTC 700 for some reason. Yeah, the NSX in the WTC 600 is fast. Can never catch up to it on hard, usually off by at least 5 seconds.
Try a tuned Radical.

Time trialling cars for this is one of the main things I'm doing in the game. I'm sure it could be won using Nitrous, but I'm trying to find a car that can do it without. It's just frustrating that I have to spend so much time grinding credits because the time trialling pays out nothing at all, but costs a fortune each time I want to buy and/or upgrade another car to try. Also, the build is incredibly important, I'm currently testing the NSX for it, and I lapped THREE SECONDS quicker when I went from SH and stage 2 weight reduction to SM and stage 3 weight reduction (with correspondingly less power). So there's a lot of combinations to try for each car.

I never use Nitro or anything like that, I just don't like it in GT, if I want to use something like that I can play NFS or FH.

I don't want to say anything wrong, but I think I made the WTC600 with my little Yaris or the GR.4 Supra.

800pp race at suzuka starts dry then wet then dry's, no idea what car too use, thought bmw m6 gt3 woulda done the trick but couldn't make up time on 1st place.finding all the 800pp ones a real struggle, tried a ferrari portino and tune from forum, absolute nightmare trying too get it round the track lol.

Last edited:
Circuit Experience Nurburgring gold is almost impossible for someone at my skill level, and I love it. Getting better, but still have a lot of work to do. S-10 gold is no joke either; I eventually just gave up and turned a bunch of assists on as I hate the rain physics as well as the RWD snap-oversteer. Add them together and it's a recipe for a broken controller

The hardest challenge in GT7 is finding a decent online lobby. Most of the time they're already in a race or they have practice running unendingly. Usually when you do managed to get in the host suddenly exits and the lobby closes. The lag is abominable, the PP impossible to max out without leaving the lobby for mods and the cost pre-bought in tyres extortionate.

I've say I get to have a race in 1 in 20 lobbies and even less to have a "good" race. It's a real challenge atm!

800pp race at suzuka starts dry then wet then dry's, no idea what car too use, thought bmw m6 gt3 woulda done the trick but couldn't make up time on 1st place.finding all the 800pp ones a real struggle, tried a ferrari portino and tune from forum, absolute nightmare trying too get it round the track lol.
I used a detuned Gr.2 2016 Nissan. Started on Wets, fuel map 6 and ran none stop for a very easy win. (For context - I'd say that on pace, I'm a high DR B, but not a DR A). Oh, I forgot, I might have left the AI on Easy after grinding a few races - so never mind. I'll have another go with AI on hard

Right now, the Circuit Experiences on dirt. I just can't find the right line or setup to shave 2 seconds to get gold.
Working on a video for all Gold medals, hopefully it can help.

Rally tip is to take corners early and accelerate as soon as you can, while staying in a good line.

The Circuit Experience is the one part of the game where I feel absolutely NO shame in calling myself a "Bronze Man". Because I know those Gold times were, in all probability, set by Igor Fraga, Mikail Hizal, Takuma Miyazono, or any one of those GTS championship drivers. And I know darn well I'll never be as fast as them, so I've waved the white flag on the CE challenges. Everything else = Gold.

Latest Posts

Back