Harmonic's Garage - Weekly Daily Race Setups

• Thread starter Harmonic
  • 64 comments

Daily Race B - Nurburgring GP - Mazda Atenza Gr.4 - 2:00.331 (Former WR)​

Super excited to post this one! I figured out how to make the best of PP based events, and we got a world record on Daily Race B in the process! This one proved super tricky to get right as every tuning change affected the PP. Feedback and suggestions are always welcome!

Last edited:
Can you do the Supra as well for daily race B I only have it as a gift car and I want to drive but I'm like 6 seconds off the pace with my settings. Thank you in advance.

Hey everyone,

I've turned this thread into a single place where I'll be posting all my setups. I'll link everything I've posted here so far. Enjoy!

Daily Race B - Deep Forest Raceway - Road Cars, 295 HP, 2646 lbs., SH tires
Toyota Celica GT-Four - 1:37.557
Nissan GT-R R33 - 1:36.906
Nissan GT-R R34 - 1:37.141
Ferrari F40 - 1:37.977

Daily Race B - Nurburgring GP - Gr.4, 630 PP, RH tires
Mazda Atenza Gr.4 - 2:00.331

Daily Race C - Daytona International Speedway - Gr.3, 542 HP, 2976 lbs., RH tires
Mazda RX-VISION GT3 Concept - 1:44.226 (1:43.682 by Doodle)

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Daily Race B - Deep Forest Raceway - Toyota Celica GT-Four - 1:37.557 - Tuning Guide​

Hey all, just wanted to post a great car I found for the current daily race B. I think it's the best car now (besides the ridiculously broken L500R), and it'll win just about any race where the L500R doesn't show up. Even then, my total race time is only about 5 seconds off what I can do in the L500R. Let me know what you think and what lap times you can get! I'm running on a DualSense controller currently.

I tried your Mazda tune. It was perfect for my driving style.

Today we're talking about how the PP system can be abused and make your car much faster in PP restricted events. If you're seconds off on Daily Race B and confused as to why, here is your answer!

Hey Harmonic . Saw you race C and you were fast. Think you were using a Peugeot..
Yea I've been using that car lately - very fast, and multiple approaches for the setup. I might be doing a collab with a really fast driver on that car here shortly!

Daily Race B - Nurburgring GP - Genesis G70 Gr.4 - 1:58.726 (WR)​

The PP system exploit goes further, and the lap time drops yet again as a result. This car isn't exactly easy to drive because of how much power it has, but it's blatantly overpowered and by far the most competitive option for Daily Race B. Let me know your thoughts on this one and if there are any other cars you'd like to see!

Daily Race B - Nurburgring GP - Genesis G70 Gr.4 - 1:58.726 (WR)​

The PP system exploit goes further, and the lap time drops yet again as a result. This car isn't exactly easy to drive because of how much power it has, but it's blatantly overpowered and by far the most competitive option for Daily Race B. Let me know your thoughts on this one and if there are any other cars you'd like to see!

How did you get your gearing worked out like that? I have my top speed set at 210 and my final drive set @ 3.211 like yours but then I can't get first gear to what you have it set at. Am I missing something?

Attachments

• 16477292069345307622263998903180.jpg
    16477292069345307622263998903180.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 17
How did you get your gearing worked out like that? I have my top speed set at 210 and my final drive set @ 3.211 like yours but then I can't get first gear to what you have it set at. Am I missing something?
The game has bounds on gear ratios so you don't cross over gears. Based on where your 2nd gear is set, that's the highest your 1st gear can currently go. If you work backwards with the gears, you won't run into the bounds, and you should be able to match my numbers.

The game has bounds on gear ratios so you don't cross over gears. Based on where your 2nd gear is set, that's the highest your 1st gear can currently go. If you work backwards with the gears, you won't run into the bounds, and you should be able to match my numbers.
Oh excellent. Thank you for the help brother!

Daily Race C - Daytona - Peugeot VGT Gr.3 - 1:43.898 by Williams_Hydra​

Quite a few people have asked about this one after seeing Hydra and myself running it in online races, so I've finally gotten around to releasing it! This is a very strong car on a hot lap and during the race - just takes a few laps to get used to. Enjoy!

Last edited:

Daily Race B - Nurburgring GP - Subaru WRX Gr.4 - 1:58.642​

I wasn't planning on making any more cars for this week, but a lot of people requested this one, so I didn't want to disappoint! The car is pretty solid and very consistent - just not quite as fast as the G70.

Making 5 tune videos in a week was extremely time consuming, so I don't think this will be the norm. I think I'll be making 3, maybe 4 at the most from here. Assuming that at least one Daily Race will have fixed setups, I think 2 cars for each tuning race is a decent balance.

Daily Race C - Daytona - Peugeot VGT Gr.3 - 1:43.898 by Williams_Hydra​

Quite a few people have asked about this one after seeing Hydra and myself running it in online races, so I've finally gotten around to releasing it! This is a very strong car on a hot lap and during the race - just takes a few laps to get used to. Enjoy!

Thank you for another great setup harm! Do you find the vgt is less consistent than the Mazda? I've tried both setups and the Mazda just seems to be able to put down consistently good lap times where as with the vgt, it's kind of hit or miss for me.

Thank you for another great setup harm! Do you find the vgt is less consistent than the Mazda? I've tried both setups and the Mazda just seems to be able to put down consistently good lap times where as with the vgt, it's kind of hit or miss for me.
The brakes can be a tiny bit off at times, but other than that, I think it just takes seat time in the car. It feels a bit off to me for the first few laps, but once I learn how it behaves, I can drive it consistently. That being said, I do have to "unlearn" that driving style when I go back to a different car.

Nations Cup - Deep Forest Raceway - Nissan GT-R NISMO '17 - 1:27.645​

Tuning is allowed for Nations Cup this week, so I've got you covered! This is a great hotlap setup for this event - I was actually ahead of Igor Fraga's #1 time into the hairpin, but unfortunately controller filtering is so bad in low speed corners that you lose 0.5s there no matter what you do... Anyway, I hope this helps get you a solid finish for the event! Sorry to those who have already raced this - I've been really busy lately, so I got this out as fast as I could.

If you find that it bottoms out during the race with fuel on board, change the ride height to 90/100.

Nations Cup - Deep Forest Raceway - Nissan GT-R NISMO '17 - 1:27.645​

Tuning is allowed for Nations Cup this week, so I've got you covered! This is a great hotlap setup for this event - I was actually ahead of Igor Fraga's #1 time into the hairpin, but unfortunately controller filtering is so bad in low speed corners that you lose 0.5s there no matter what you do... Anyway, I hope this helps get you a solid finish for the event! Sorry to those who have already raced this - I've been really busy lately, so I got this out as fast as I could.

If you find that it bottoms out during the race with fuel on board, change the ride height to 90/100.

Hey man! Thanks for your job doing that tunes, you are a legend.
I have a small issue, i´ve literally copied the setup step by step but i get a completely different PP. I have 701.57, instead of 708.84 (I double check everything several times and I have exactly the same upgrades, engine parts, etc...) The only different thing is that the rims are exactly the same model (volk racing TE37 saga, same inches) but cant apply wide option, cuz the option doesnt appear, only standard.
How is that possible? Any advice?

Thanks in advance

Hey man! Thanks for your job doing that tunes, you are a legend.
I have a small issue, i´ve literally copied the setup step by step but i get a completely different PP. I have 701.57, instead of 708.84 (I double check everything several times and I have exactly the same upgrades, engine parts, etc...) The only different thing is that the rims are exactly the same model (volk racing TE37 saga, same inches) but cant apply wide option, cuz the option doesnt appear, only standard.
How is that possible? Any advice?

Thanks in advance
The only thing I can think of is that you need to buy the parts in GT Auto. If you buy those and then apply a wide body after, you'll have to buy everything in GT Auto again, so make sure you always buy the wide body first from here.

If it's not that, I wouldn't worry about it as long as all the numbers are the same.

I'm on controller and cant break 1:37. I don't drive the meta cars I drive the cars I like. But I would still expect to be able to hit 1:30.

I watch the videos I know the lines and braking points but I cant carry the same speed seems like I always over brake. I'm on this game like 6-8 hours a day and I cant stand to suck lol.

Any tips? I can upload some laps if that helps.

I'm on controller and cant break 1:37. I don't drive the meta cars I drive the cars I like. But I would still expect to be able to hit 1:30.

I watch the videos I know the lines and braking points but I cant carry the same speed seems like I always over brake. I'm on this game like 6-8 hours a day and I cant stand to suck lol.

Any tips? I can upload some laps if that helps.
Sure, share a lap and I can try to offer some feedback.

Sure, share a lap and I can try to offer some feedback.
Thanks Ill get one on here.

Just got doing more laps my biggest issue is getting to the first turn apex without over braking.

Then I'm super slow thru the middle the first section you are doing 105-110 I'm typically doing 85-105. Then the two next turns Im doing 55-65 when I need to be doing 70-75.

The straights I'm fine hitting 170-173 and 160-165 on the shorter straight.

Ok so this is my best lap could have been faster but I'm having trouble getting the big F12 to turn the hairpin.

Last edited:
The only thing I can think of is that you need to buy the parts in GT Auto. If you buy those and then apply a wide body after, you'll have to buy everything in GT Auto again, so make sure you always buy the wide body first from here.

If it's not that, I wouldn't worry about it as long as all the numbers are the same.
I know about that bug with wide body but its not that, I double checked all the parts several times, and same with upgrades.

The main problem is that numbers are not the same, its not only pp, the stats of acceleration and speed, hp etc are not the same. I dont get why...

Last thing I can do is buy another gtr and try again from zero just in case this car is bugged for some kind of bs bug, but if I buy another car and doesnt fix the problem is going to be a pain in the ass...

I know about that bug with wide body but its not that, I double checked all the parts several times, and same with upgrades.

The main problem is that numbers are not the same, its not only pp, the stats of acceleration and speed, hp etc are not the same. I dont get why...

Last thing I can do is buy another gtr and try again from zero just in case this car is bugged for some kind of bs bug, but if I buy another car and doesnt fix the problem is going to be a pain in the ass...
Well if horsepower is wrong, there has to be a missing upgrade somewhere. Make sure you have the racing crank shaft - some other people missed that one.

Well if horsepower is wrong, there has to be a missing upgrade somewhere. Make sure you have the racing crank shaft - some other people missed that one.
I told you I double checked everything man...:guilty: Its not that.
Will try tomorrow a new car. Has to be a bug.

Thanks Ill get one on here.

Just got doing more laps my biggest issue is getting to the first turn apex without over braking.

Then I'm super slow thru the middle the first section you are doing 105-110 I'm typically doing 85-105. Then the two next turns Im doing 55-65 when I need to be doing 70-75.

The straights I'm fine hitting 170-173 and 160-165 on the shorter straight.

Ok so this is my best lap could have been faster but I'm having trouble getting the big F12 to turn the hairpin.

So these are the three major things I noticed:

1. You're very gentle on your inputs, and you're definitely under-driving the car. Try being more aggressive, particularly on entry.

2. You're a bit late on your inputs - try blending them a bit more. You don't have to wait until you're completely off the brakes to start turning, and you don't have to wait that long after unwinding the steering to put down throttle. Also, turning off traction control will make you much faster if you can learn to apply half throttle until the car straightens out.

3. You're not using the full width of the track. Your entry lines are ok for the most part, but you're not tracking out fully when exiting - this goes hand in hand with late inputs. Try throttling earlier (with throttle control, of course) so the car is forced to follow the desired line and you end up on the very outside of the track on exits.

As for the hairpin, try raising your front ride height a bit. If you're on controller instead of wheel, then you're a bit out of luck there unless you can learn to e-brake mid corner, but I wouldn't focus on that since it's difficult.

Once you get those things sorted out, you can start working on consistency. You'll want speed trap variations to be within 1-2 mph at the most rather than 5-10, but that will come with practice.

Last edited:
So these are the three major things I noticed:

1. You're very gentle on your inputs, and you're definitely under-driving the car. Try being more aggressive, particularly on entry.

2. You're a bit late on your inputs - try blending them a bit more. You don't have to wait until you're completely off the brakes to start turning, and you don't have to wait that long after unwinding the steering to put down throttle. Also, turning off traction control will make you much faster if you can learn to apply half throttle until the car straightens out.

3. You're not using the full width of the track. Your entry lines are ok for the most part, but you're not tracking out fully when exiting - this goes hand in hand with late inputs. Try throttling earlier (with throttle control, of course) so the car is forced to follow the desired line and you end up on the very outside of the track on exits.

As for the hairpin, try raising your front ride height a bit. If you're on controller instead of wheel, then you're a bit out of luck there unless you can learn to e-brake mid corner, but I wouldn't focus on that since it's difficult.

Once you get those things sorted out, you can start working on consistency. You'll want speed trap variations to be within 1-2 mph at the most rather than 5-10, but that will come with practice.
Thank you so much for taking the time to watch my video and reply.

I am aware of 2 and 3 and I saw the same thing in the replay. I am hyper aware that I don't use all the track but didn't know why until now.
Hopefully I can become more fluid with practice this is my first driving game since Need for speed carbon lol.

And I'm old (49) so starting to lose those reaction times.

I ended up switching to the F430 now its my favorite Ferrari in game.

And had a really fun race hopefully they have more like this in the future. I really like just
hp and weight restrictions.

Nations Cup - Daytona Road Course - Ford F-150 SVT Raptor '11 - 1:57.857​

This is definitely a weird week for Nations Cup, so a lot of people requested this one. As always, I've got you covered! I haven't quite figured out the trick to the Tundra yet, so this is the best I've got for now. I think it can do a mid 56, but I'm happy with this lap for now. Enjoy!

Back