Has anyone ever dreamed of Gran Turismo?

  • Thread starter Thread starter No46_TheDoctor
  • 109 comments
  • 8,557 views
Quite a long time ago now, before GT3 came out I dreamt of playing GT on a handheld. This dream became a reality a year ago when I put GT2 on my PSP and GT mobile will be going one better than my dreams :)
 
I had a dream last night that i was playing GT3 on the complex string, ahhh i miss that track

Thats the test track with the up and down curves at the end, like a roller coaster? If it is, I miss that one too, probably my favourite track.
 
Lol Yeah! I think it was a couple of weeks back. In the dream I had just bought GT5. So I put the disk in the PS3!! While the game was loading I woke up! I started screaming so I tried to go back to sleep to see what it'll look like but too bad!
 
I once had a dream of GT5. I was the one of the car modeler design team. The game got delayed because I failed to finish my projects on time... and i was the one to blame..:noes: :o
 
Well, I dreamed several times of GT3 and GT5, because they are the most exciting for me, the hype you know. :sly:

Edit: cool thread btw.
 
One of my GT4 dreams came true last year ..
driving along the Nordschleife ... the real one :)👍

I-R
 
I've dreamed Eiger in M3 after finishing 0,0xx seconds to get gold. I got gold soon thought. :D
 
Nope, never have had a dream about GT5! But like somebody else said women, that's a different story!:drool::sly:
 
I'm not dreaming about the game per say- but driving an actual the BMW M3 GTR Race car around La Sarthe, or the "ring- and having a close competition race with the Corvettes and Porsches. Sure its not a GT5 dream- but I think its much better in reality.

but most of my dreams consist of the girlfriend. and some extras! ;)
 
Super old thread but I'm bumping it up because I had one last night. Some of it is weird, just FYI. :lol:

I was walking through a shopping center and came upon a store that sold nothing but Hotwheels. Being a Hotwheels collector, I just had to walk in. Upon entering the store, I saw a couple TV's with what appeared to be a video game playing. Sure enough, after walking up to one of them, there was a kid playing Gran Turismo. It was GT5! I immediately whipped out my cell phone to take some video (the same cell phone I actually own) for GTP. After he got off, I picked up the controller and went through some of the menu's.

- Rally
- NASCAR
- couple others I couldn't remember

I went through the NASCAR menu, and I remember seeing lots of different teams to pick from. After picking my driver (can't remember) I went through the tracks. The only one I remember is one called highway 88, or route 88, something like that. It was a highway course set along the coast line in California. (upon looking this up, Route 88 is not near the coast)

Then my dad woke me up. :indiff:

I wanted to play damnit! :lol:
 
Not sure what's worse, having the dream or feeling the need to drag up a six month old thread to tell everybody about it! :lol:
 
I had a dream a while back, it was about me getting my hands on a GT5 copy, and i was very happy that the game had dynamic weather. Graphics and dynamics was to good to be in GT anyway ;)
 
I had one too some months ago, I was driving a 458 on the nurburgring against a f430, the other guy who was playing online with me was way much faster and I just couldn't keep up with him. :nervous: The 458 was red and F430 was yellow, we have had a fierce battle, but he did a clean overtake when I was braking for the bergwerk, after that he hit the gas and I followed him closely thanks to my more powerful engine, but after the karussel he pulled away again, fast as hell on that 3rd gear corners, I remember the dream even today.

I didn't know there was a thread to share this kind of thing. This is weird, but cool, specialists once said that dreams can have many sources of info, like memories, wishes, thoughts and even some unexplained things, like dreaming of a place that you've never saw and later you discover the place in real life. Perhaps GT has a big role to play on the passion for the automobile, that's why sometimes we find ourselves dreaming about it, or even thinking deeply about a particular car or track. What other game has this influence on people? I don't know anything like GT, despite of MMORPGs and famous First Person Shooters, difference is: The average GT player is a normal guy, with a normal life who loves automobiles, the MMORPG sick player is a nerd who spends 3/4 of his life leveling up characters and searching for items.
 
The average GT player is a normal guy, with a normal life who loves automobiles, the MMORPG sick player is a nerd who spends 3/4 of his life leveling up characters and searching for items.
Oh, come off it. So because you do not play MMORPG games, you see fit to qualify them as sick nerds who spend 3/4 of their life on them? A bit melodramatic don't you think? I know a few people who play MMORPG games, and they are far from sick nerds - two of them being directors of their own successful companies who just use MMORPGs as a means to escape and chill out.

Having dreams about cars and talking about them to people you do not know in a public forum, you think that's normal? Maybe it is, but only if you are a sick auto nerd, right? :rolleyes:
 
Considering dreams to be nothing more than neurological waste myself without claiming them to have any meaning besides processing impressions and thoughts in an eventual logical manner but in a messy and confusing way leaving only a surreal memory if remembered at all.

I do however remember dreaming about GT4 in the first days of playing it as it consumed most of my attention during those days and overwhelmed by it even when fully awake, it seemed logical to dream of it, sad as it sounds.

I sometimes have nightmares these days of GT5 only being available after 7 months, waking up with cold sweat dripping down my spine telling myself it's only a dream, it's not real, they won't make me suffer that long will they? ;)
 
Not sure what's worse, having the dream or feeling the need to drag up a six month old thread to tell everybody about it! :lol:

I just thought it was funny and I remembered this thread, so I thought I would share. What's even weirder is that I had this dream after playing a few hours of Prologue last night. First time I have played that in weeks. :lol:
 
I just thought it was funny and I remembered this thread, so I thought I would share. What's even weirder is that I had this dream after playing a few hours of Prologue last night. First time I have played that in weeks. :lol:
Trust me, the nightmares of reality will soon follow ;)
 
Oh, come off it. So because you do not play MMORPG games, you see fit to qualify them as sick nerds who spend 3/4 of their life on them? A bit melodramatic don't you think? I know a few people who play MMORPG games, and they are far from sick nerds - two of them being directors of their own successful companies who just use MMORPGs as a means to escape and chill out.

Having dreams about cars and talking about them to people you do not know in a public forum, you think that's normal? Maybe it is, but only if you are a sick auto nerd, right? :rolleyes:

Well, your comment is far from reasonable, I've said sick MMORPG players, which doesn't apply to all of them, also, you've pointing two guys in a population of hundreds of millions of MMORPG players, I've said the average GT player, which is often an adult, have a job and a social life, exactly as me and some friends of mine.

To finish, errrhmmm, no, I'm not a sick auto nerd, in fact the only reason I've posted my dream it's because i felt comfortable to do so, as R1600 had a similar experience. Also, dreaming about cars it's perfectly normal, exactly as you dream with women and wealthy, you usually dream about what you desire and cars are one of these three things.

Also, I've said one dream months ago, if dreaming with the thrill and adrenaline of racing ONCE is a nerd'ish thing, you can call me nerd. I doubt you've never have similar experience, wheter "it's not normal to post a dream in a public forum" or it really is, I don't care. This may be the most stupid post and thread of all times, but it's serving it's purpose, if you don't like the thread, do us a favor and don't visit it aiming to have a go at anyone posting in there, as you just did. ;)
 
I had a dream years ago, roundabout the time Ferrari was first announced.

I was loading up the game, then I went into the car selection screen. It seemed like a Demo, because there was only a few cars to choose from. So I picked my favourite Ferrari, the F50.

The track was a city track, not unlike Seoul and Tokyo. But it was a figure of 8, kind of like a Scalectric track.

I just remember the pack pulling away from me, then the lead car got so far ahead it crashed into me at the point where the track meets :D Then I woke up.

I mean, it was years ago and I can't remember much, reading this thread brought it back though :)
 
I dreamt once, a little while ago, when I was doing stuff with hybrids, I had hybrided a fighter jet engine onto the back of the three-wheely thing, gave it ultra sticky F1 tires, and a wing. I remember distinctly the speedometer reading a speed so high, it went off the end of my TV, and kept going through the air. And also of drifting the Nurburgring. in 20 seconds.
 
I actually had a dream of GT5 not too long ago. It was the first time I played it and like I have always done with every GT since the first, I was browsing through the car dealers and was particularly taken by a champagne coloured Mercedes 450SEL 6.9. Oh how I looked forward to driving it...

...then I woke up.
 
I actually had a dream of GT5 not too long ago. It was the first time I played it and like I have always done with every GT since the first, I was browsing through the car dealers and was particularly taken by a champagne coloured Mercedes 450SEL 6.9. Oh how I looked forward to driving it...

...then I woke up.

That's indeed a nice dream, hopefully for you and me it will be included as i would love to drive a champagne ( or silver ) coloured 450SEL 6.9 both IRL but at least in GT5, it's the ultimate Teutonic luxobarge/ 4-door Hot Rod ever made perhaps only shared with the 300SEL 6.3.....:)👍
 
I have dreamed about GT5-trailers and not the game itself, I think it's quite sad:(
 
Once i dreamed about Top Gear! I was fourth Tv host...

And once i dreamed that im Ayrton Senna's co driver in McLaren... (i wasnt Prost! hahah)
 
LOOOOL... GT is gonna get us killed one day! :D loooololololll..... I have dreamt it myself... more than once :) daydream it as well like most of us here... only thing I didn't do is have an orgasm.. LOL
 
I had a dream yesterday,
I went to my friends house to go to a skate park,then I left and got my hands on gt5 @ a gamestop,then went home then the first thing I did was look at the japanese cars,and to my surprise SEGA was a car dealership then my mom woke me up for school.
 
A few months ago I had a dream in which I miraculosly got GT5 and I turned it on, and as soon as I picked "car selection" my dad woke me up for school.

It's always that the dream ends at the good part.:grumpy::grumpy::grumpy:
 
Haha, lol
I've had one about one month ago ;)
It was quite short but I remember that I was driving some Japanese race car on some real race track. Graphics were great, physics and craches too. There were skid marks too :p But they were. quite strange, low-res ang lagged xD

Well.. that's all...
Sorry for my English ;)
 
Dreaming of GT ? MANY TIMES!! But I remember this one .. Well about GT5 but honestly I don't remember anything of it .. but all I know in the dream that is was GT5 .. I had this dream since GT Vision trailer was announced.


Off Topic : One time I dreamed of driving .. guess what .. Porsche Carrera GT and I was driving it around the street then I saw some kids with civics .. I laughed and floored it (V10 sound ftw!!) .. Sadly it was gone. One of the best dreams I've ever had
 
Back