Has GT6 been hacked already?

Swap in a lower tiered chassis and a higher tiered engine or vice versa and there you go.
There are a thousand cars in the game with all kinds of combinations. What works best in the PP system is a good chassis with a peaky power curve like the NSX. It already has a great chassis and the best type of power curve, which is why it's one of the top cars at it's PP level. I tried to improve upon it by swapping in all kinds of engines and nothing was faster. I tried swapping it's motor into other cars and they were still handicapped by their handling. I tried decreasing grip a little and adding more power and the car was slower.

Believe me, I tried very hard to break the system and I couldn't do it in months of trying.

Believe me, I tried very hard to break the system and I couldn't do it in months of trying.

I don't. For what I've come across in GT5 servers, there were those who found ways. If you're going just by the tool that was distributed, then that may be the problem. A person who really knows how to manage the codes can do all sorts of things.

I don't. For what I've come across in GT5 servers, there were those who found ways. If you're going just by the tool that was distributed, then that may be the problem. A person who really knows how to manage the codes can do all sorts of things.
I'll believe it when I see it. People said the same thing in GT5 and it never happened. I have friends who Hex Edited GT5 and GT6 and they said the same thing as me. Unless someone has found a way to manipulate the PP calculation which I've never seen, then anything you do to the car affects PP same as it does in the game.

lol
ban_zpsc1098ad5.jpg

I kinda remember only needing a good text editor and some software development tools to mod just about anything in gt5. My 3rd ps3 have up and I refuse to buy another one, so I don't have gt6 but unless there's been wholesale changes in the game code and/psn, if you know what you are doing, and don't get greedy, it would be easier than you would think.

I said it when this happened in GT5, and I will repeat it. FIGHTING the hackers is not the way to stop it. It's like the war on drugs. It's a losing fight that makes life crappy for everyone.

The BEST thing to do is to make SURE the game caters for the changes. Let people hack away, but set a flag in the car that says "hey, this car does not conform" and deny it's online competition or, even better, give it a separate status so hackers can go have their own fun without bothering anyone else.

Release a tool to let people hack legitimately and charge $5 for it. They'll make a ****ton off of it. It'll also cost them less than the effort they are putting towards fighting hacking.

Lastly, give us the ability for custom tires, just like the custom wings! I want those wide tub tires for my muscle cars!

EDIT (shameless plug)

BTW, aside from a few little features like the tires or the ability to tune the M4, new NSX, and Ft1, I don't see as much need for the modding now. In GT5, there were a bunch of useless cars without engine and chassis mods. Now, I can get pretty much anything to drive well enough to be competitive and fun.

That said, the M4, NSX, and FT1 need the ability to be tuned and being able to scale rims and tires would be SPECTACULAR!! THEN, GT6 would really be the game I was hoping it would be.

Last edited:
I was almost tempted to hack my money in GT6 but my friends encouraged me not to. PD and online players won't see your current money, right?

I was almost tempted to hack my money in GT6 but my friends encouraged me not to. PD and online players won't see your current money, right?
No one sees your money except for you. Just so you know, there was a rash of console bans a few weeks ago due to hacking. What criteria they used we can only speculate, but you are running a risk if you race online.

No one sees your money except for you. Just so you know, there was a rash of console bans a few weeks ago due to hacking. What criteria they used we can only speculate, but you are running a risk if you race online.
What hacking method did they use? Money or making modded hybrid cars?

What hacking method did they use? Money or making modded hybrid cars?
Like I mentioned above, we don't know the specifics. If you do it you run the risk of the console ban, we have no idea what criteria they use or if they'll even do it again.

Like I mentioned above, we don't know the specifics. If you do it you run the risk of the console ban, we have no idea what criteria they use or if they'll even do it again.
OK, thanks for the warning. I'll never hack my money in GT6 so that I don't get banned.

We can see the names in the leaderboard, so it doesn't really matter if he does name him or not.

And the guy is just exposing himself.

Back