Has GT6 been hacked already?

You are correct on both counts..lol. In addition to that, we already know that PD knows how to eliminate hybrids from making it online because they did it with GT5. We know hybriding will pop up in GT6,7,8,9 etc. So why not just build some kind of spec check to keep the cars from making it online. The data is all there in the game, it should be a relatively simple exercise, and they've already done it in the past.

,,, or an official hybrid creator that will only allow realistic swaps - drivetrain, suspension, engine, transmission. As a paid DLC component they would make so much profit from something that a huge amount of people want. As a direct result of this would be the ability to regulate what hybrids can be created, therefore no more million bhp 999mph troll cars.

,,, or an official hybrid creator that will only allow realistic swaps - drivetrain, suspension, engine, transmission. As a paid DLC component they would make so much profit from something that a huge amount of people want. As a direct result of this would be the ability to regulate what hybrids can be created, therefore no more million bhp 999mph troll cars.

While it would be a good addition, the hacking still wouldn't stop. People creating million bhp cars are not interested in realistic swaps. As Johnny said, you have to live with them being there and put in place a system to prevent them online.

Question for the modders/hackers. Have you ever thought about the reason PD is taking so long with updates and content is because they might be trying to find a fix for the modding that is going on within the game? Because I'm sure Kaz and certain car companys do not like it, and if so would you all agree that the modding of the game and taking these cars online is in the way of GT progressing like it should?

This would, in no way stop million hp cars.. This would only make it possible for everyone to have great hybrids.
If people want to make troll cars, they will make troll cars. Unfortunately. I like the idea, but it won't solve the troll cars.

Question for the modders/hackers. Have you ever thought about the reason PD is taking so long with updates and content is because they might be trying to find a fix for the modding that is going on within the game? Because I'm sure Kaz and certain car companys do not like it, and if so would you all agree that the modding of the game and taking these cars online is in the way of GT progressing like it should?
PD suffered from the same problems of missing deadlines and failing to deliver promised features going back to vanilla GT5, pre hybrid anything.

I highly, highly, highly doubt that any real world car company really cares about how people in the game use their cars, seeing as how hacking and modding like this has been going on in PC racing sims for years now. If any real car company actually pays attention to the goings-on in the world of GT, if I was in upper management, I would welcome hybriding, as it has possibilities to act as a market research tool to find out "what the kids are into these days".

And again, we come back to the question, is PD combating this hacking "problem" - as some like to call it - in the correct manner? Is there anything that PD, or anyone, can do to completely and utterly eliminate hacking?

If, as you say, PD is in their current predicament due to having to spend too much effort combating hacking, would they not be better served by simply increasing the amount of tools at the disposal of a lobby host in order to better regulate their lobbies, and simply let us police ourselves? Thus freeing up more of their time to continue finishing GT6.

Unless you live in a eutopian society, there will always be people trying to gain the upper hand by cheating in some way (isn't it actually a very common saying in almost any competitive environment that "if you ain't cheatin, you ain't tryin'"). The fact remains though, that not every single person who builds a hybrid is a cheater or a troll (same thing can be said for the X1 and NOS).

PD suffered from the same problems of missing deadlines and failing to deliver promised features going back to vanilla GT5, pre hybrid anything.

I highly, highly, highly doubt that any real world car company really cares about how people in the game use their cars, seeing as how hacking and modding like this has been going on in PC racing sims for years now. If any real car company actually pays attention to the goings-on in the world of GT, if I was in upper management, I would welcome hybriding, as it has possibilities to act as a market research tool to find out "what the kids are into these days".

And again, we come back to the question, is PD combating this hacking "problem" - as some like to call it - in the correct manner? Is there anything that PD, or anyone, can do to completely and utterly eliminate hacking?

If, as you say, PD is in their current predicament due to having to spend too much effort combating hacking, would they not be better served by simply increasing the amount of tools at the disposal of a lobby host in order to better regulate their lobbies, and simply let us police ourselves? Thus freeing up more of their time to continue finishing GT6.

Unless you live in a eutopian society, there will always be people trying to gain the upper hand by cheating in some way (isn't it actually a very common saying in almost any competitive environment that "if you ain't cheatin, you ain't tryin'"). The fact remains though, that not every single person who builds a hybrid is a cheater or a troll (same thing can be said for the X1 and NOS).
True but, I'm not saying that they are spending X amount of time trying to combat the modding, I'm just saying that PD has enough on they plate as it is and if and I say again if they are trying to fix the problem, is it taking away time that could be used for something else.

Now, take for example, let's say Kaz/Jaguar want's the new F type coupe put in to the game, I'm sure Jag wants a realistic representation of thier car in the game, not a F type with a corvette v8 with a GTR drivetrain. Or like you say they might not care, who knows.

Questions for you.
Did u know they already came up with a patch for this in GT5? Probably not a copy and paste for GT6 but I'm guessing it's not much more than that.
Did you know hybriding existed well before GT5? Given its been around pretty much for the life of the series and made it's way online in GT5, don't you think PD should have built it safeguards into the game design for GT6 instead of leaving us to fate?

Questions for you.
Did u know they already came up with a patch for this in GT5? Probably not a copy and paste for GT6 but I'm guessing it's not much more than that.
Did you know hybriding existed well before GT5? Given its been around pretty much for the life of the series and made it's way online in GT5, don't you think PD should have built it safeguards into the game design for GT6 instead of leaving us to fate?
Answer, yes I know they patched GT5 because some dummy took hacked cars into the seasonals. And yes I knew of hybriding before GT5, but that was before online and in the privacey of your own home, and yes they should have known better that the game was going to be compromised to hacking and should have put safeguards in place, don't know why they did'nt, but hey, even supercomputers can get hacked.

True but, I'm not saying that they are spending X amount of time trying to combat the modding, I'm just saying that PD has enough on they plate as it is and if and I say again if they are trying to fix the problem, is it taking away time that could be used for something else.

Now, take for example, let's say Kaz/Jaguar want's the new F type coupe put in to the game, I'm sure Jag wants a realistic representation of thier car in the game, not a F type with a corvette v8 with a GTR drivetrain. Or like you say they might not care, who knows.
The only benefit that Jaguar gets here is simply having their car in the game to start with. It's global advertising that gives Super Bowl adds a run for their money in terms of the size of the audience it reaches. What happens to that car and how it is used in the game has pretty much zero impact on anything in the real world.

There would be a realistic representation of the F-Type in the game, as that is what PD would program in. People who are looking for a a realistic driving experience in a Jag F-Type would be absolutely able to do so....hybriding does nothing to prevent this, or ruin this experience.

If a person is in the real world market for a car in the price range of an F-Type, no amount of hacking in a video game is going to sway their decision one way or another. Jaguar does not sell cars because of how they are represented in GT or any other game. They sell because they are Jaaaaaaaaags. I think the only profit Jaguar could make from their inclusion in a video game is to perhaps creat a new, younger generation of fanboys who will buy t-shirts or hats. I suppose there is the off chance a person could gain their first exposure to Jaguar through GT, and perhaps 30-40 years down the line maybe buy a Jag...but that is really stretching things in my opinion.

If we were talking about a Honda Civic, the case might be slightly different. However, I would still argue that if it were the case that Honda was adamantly opposed to hybrids, and this info were to be leaked to the GT community and Civic nation, my feeling is that this would do more to piss off Civic nation than anything (given the amount of customization done to Civics in the real world, a movement which Honda seems to embrace for the most part). I'm not a Civic person, but if I did find out that Honda had their nose this far into my personal video gaming habits, I would certainly be turned off Honda.

...should have put safeguards in place, don't know why they did'nt, but hey, even supercomputers can get hacked.

That's one of the main points I've been trying to make. No amount of protection will prevent GT from being hacked. If it can be made by a human, it can be unmade by a human.

So instead of wasting resources on a battle they will never win, why not try to find a solution that satisfies both sides of the debate?

While this could be a good point, Forza has had new releases and even Porsche in their games AND they have engine/drivetrain swaps.
By the same token, NFS has featured better damage modelling and the ability to total your car, again things GT have not implemented for what is presumed to be 'licencing issues'

The only benefit that Jaguar gets here is simply having their car in the game to start with. It's global advertising that gives Super Bowl adds a run for their money in terms of the size of the audience it reaches. What happens to that car and how it is used in the game has pretty much zero impact on anything in the real world.

There would be a realistic representation of the F-Type in the game, as that is what PD would program in. People who are looking for a a realistic driving experience in a Jag F-Type would be absolutely able to do so....hybriding does nothing to prevent this, or ruin this experience.

If a person is in the real world market for a car in the price range of an F-Type, no amount of hacking in a video game is going to sway their decision one way or another. Jaguar does not sell cars because of how they are represented in GT or any other game. They sell because they are Jaaaaaaaaags. I think the only profit Jaguar could make from their inclusion in a video game is to perhaps creat a new, younger generation of fanboys who will buy t-shirts or hats. I suppose there is the off chance a person could gain their first exposure to Jaguar through GT, and perhaps 30-40 years down the line maybe buy a Jag...but that is really stretching things in my opinion.

If we were talking about a Honda Civic, the case might be slightly different. However, I would still argue that if it were the case that Honda was adamantly opposed to hybrids, and this info were to be leaked to the GT community and Civic nation, my feeling is that this would do more to piss off Civic nation than anything (given the amount of customization done to Civics in the real world, a movement which Honda seems to embrace for the most part). I'm not a Civic person, but if I did find out that Honda had their nose this far into my personal video gaming habits, I would certainly be turned off Honda.

That's one of the main points I've been trying to make. No amount of protection will prevent GT from being hacked. If it can be made by a human, it can be unmade by a human.

So instead of wasting resources on a battle they will never win, why not try to find a solution that satisfies both sides of the debate?
Very true, and good point. So I guess even if they did find a solution that satisfies both sides of coin, there would still be hacking. So wth, I guess it would be a win-win for some, and a win-lose others.

Very true, and good point. So I guess even if they did find a solution that satisfies both sides of coin, there would still be hacking. So wth, I guess it would be a win-win for some, and a win-lose others.
I'm not a programmer but to me the solution seems quite simple. There are certain parameters for each car that cannot be exceeded or swapped. An RX-7 Type R etc. has a max of X HP, this chassis, no downforce, this drivetrain, this gearbox etc. Do whatever you like offline, but if you go online or enter a Seasonal or any sanctioned or recorded event, your car or your entire garage if you are entering an open lobby, must go through a spec check, done in the background of course, before you go online. For a Seasonal it's one car so it should be quick. To go online your entire garage would have to be checked but remember we're only talking data points here compared to a set list of parameters. I'm thinking a few seconds at most if it's designed right. Pass the check and you get to go online, fail the check and a list pops up of all the cars that violated one of the parameters and you can't go online.

Voila:cheers:

Exactly, there will always be hacking, no matter what. But I don't think the solution has to be win/lose.

The first step for PD to take would be to start taking the modding/customization community more seriously, and start implementing features that are being asked for....IMO this would reduce the desire to hack in the first place for a large portion of the hybrid community.

The second step is for PD to start adding more and more features and options available to lobby hosts, so they can keep undesirables out. Give us, the users, the tools to regulate our own gaming experience. I don't need PD playing the roll of big brother for me.

This isn't the perfect solution, as there will always be cheaters and trolls, but I think it is the best way to keep the most people happy.

In other words; game, and let game :)

Edit:

I'm not a programmer but to me the solution seems quite simple. There are certain parameters for each car that cannot be exceeded or swapped. An RX-7 Type R etc. has a max of X HP, this chassis, no downforce, this drivetrain, this gearbox etc. Do whatever you like offline, but if you go online or enter a Seasonal or any sanctioned or recorded event, your car or your entire garage if you are entering an open lobby, must go through a spec check, done in the background of course, before you go online. For a Seasonal it's one car so it should be quick. To go online your entire garage would have to be checked but remember we're only talking data points here compared to a set list of parameters. I'm thinking a few seconds at most if it's designed right. Pass the check and you get to go online, fail the check and a list pops up of all the cars that violated one of the parameters and you can't go online.

I'm no programmer either, but this seems like a completely valid idea.

I would take it one step farther, and instead of the game running the check every time you tried to connect to the server, I would make the "check" be an option a lobby host could turn on or off.

Last edited:

I am all about the hacked cars not being allowed online. Keeping them out of my room is really ALL I care about.

This search for hacked cars, I believe, would take quite a while. There are hundreds of variations possible for each car. I just bought a Toyota COROLLA RUNX Z AEROTOURER '02. I was able to remove the tiny little “wing” that was above the hatchback. (Great car for 425pp, BTW, It’s got a supercharger and 6-speed)

I think if the game kept a smaller unmodifiable save file, for the game, it would be able to compare the Date Modified attribute of the save file with it’s own last time, game saved, attribute.

Then, if for any reason, you restore your game save, GT6 would go through your garage looking for hacked cars.

Hackers that wanted to race online could save their abominations in the stock yard.

Have you ever thought about the reason PD is taking so long with updates and content is because they might be trying to find a fix for the modding that is going on within the game?

They will never be able to eliminate modding due to jailbroken PS3s being in existence. (Far as I know) Once the modders figure out encryptions and boot instructions, they can change core pieces of normally inaccessible data on the fly. There is no possible way for PD to overcome that.

An example of what they can do is in GTA5, they can spawn anything they want anywhere they please, raise the sea level and flood the city or remove the sea and lakes entirely, God mode and so on, all done in realtime on a jailbroken PS3.

Last edited:
They will never be able to eliminate modding due to jailbroken PS3s being in existence. (Far as I know) Once the modders figure out encryptions and boot instructions, they can change core pieces of normally inaccessible data on the fly. There is no possible way for PD to overcome that.

An example of what they can do is in GTA5, they can spawn anything they want anywhere they please, raise the sea level and flood the city or remove the sea and lakes entirely, God mode and so on, all done in realtime on a jailbroken PS3.

Exactly, no amount of cross checking will find an incorrect variable that hasn't happened yet. If PD had any sense, they would embrace the idea of the hybriding scene, rather than calling a war on it. It was that stance that caused the morons to go taunting PD by taking those bluebirds into the seasonal events in GT5, undoubtedly by some hybrid hating moron from this very forum given the PSN ID's that were used.

I am all about the hacked cars not being allowed online. Keeping them out of my room is really ALL I care about.

That's your responsibility as the room host, end of story. If you can't be bothered to use the tools already at your disposal, who is at fault? If you have regulated the room and they still get in, you need to have a look at your regulations, and then ask why the cars are getting past that.
If a blatant negative pp car then gets in, there's also the kick button.

No that's not the reason why PD is so slow on DLC don't blame other people for KAZ & PDs slow asses. Plus to hack GT6 you need a jail broken ps3. You can't blow a motor in this game & you complain about someone hacking a car come man complain about the things that need to be fixed. Not some guys in their own lobby that you invaded these guys with hacked cars they stay away from every1 else it's you nosy ass people that go into any lobby if you read the lobby name it will tell point blank.

That's your responsibility as the room host, end of story. If you can't be bothered to use the tools already at your disposal, who is at fault? If you have regulated the room and they still get in, you need to have a look at your regulations, and then ask why the cars are getting past that.

You can't really blame him for allegedly bad room regulations. They are not always so easy to spot.

You can't really blame him for allegedly bad room regulations. They are not always so easy to spot.
Not if you're the host. An HP limit is all you need to keep out the wacky, overpowered hybrids. Chassis swaps, engine swaps etc....not so easy but it's still debatable whether there's any advantage on the track to any of that kind of hybriding.

For the most part a PP regulation will serve you better, 4wd swaps instantly raise PP even with the car's normal power. To PP match a Supra originally yielding over 1500bhp I had to drop it way below the 937bhp the official car has. The Gold car in the right hand lane is the regular car. Ran the same two cars at the same BHP and the hybrid got the win by about 300m.

EDIT: Completely unregulated, the hybrid wins by 100m when the normal car is given 1600m less over the 10km sprint.

This search for hacked cars, I believe, would take quite a while. There are hundreds of variations possible for each car. I just bought a Toyota COROLLA RUNX Z AEROTOURER '02. I was able to remove the tiny little “wing” that was above the hatchback. (Great car for 425pp, BTW, It’s got a supercharger and 6-speed)

I think if the game kept a smaller unmodifiable save file, for the game, it would be able to compare the Date Modified attribute of the save file with it’s own last time, game saved, attribute.

Then, if for any reason, you restore your game save, GT6 would go through your garage looking for hacked cars.

Hackers that wanted to race online could save their abominations in the stock yard.

Bro was in your room tonight. The hackers are not coming trust me

Last edited by a moderator:
Why modding? You walk into a shop with all the parts from all the best or worst cars in the game. You pick and chose what you think will
work, throw a tune on it and test it out. Oh yeah thats a terrible thing because some numb nutz wants to blow through your race with a
500000hp x14. PD loves cheating.Why not ask them why they programmed super soft racing tires and level 4 turbos and other parts we could not use?
Then there is the secret menu...(gt5)

Bro was in your room tonight. The hackers are not coming trust me
I remember seeing you there, but I don’t remember seeing you win.

I think I have seen you in there before also, though that could have just been here.

Tonight’s room was really pretty casual, but I do have some really competetive friends. I’ve even created a rule that if you win you must retire that car.

Racing with SRF on RS tires is a whole different animal than most of you “realistic (I really wish I could do air quotes with my fingers)” SH tire drivers think. When your traction breaks, it breaks hard and you crash. It is certainly not a turd with racing softs to make up for poor tuning.

These cars are tuned, I would argue they are better tuned. With racing softs you are on a knifes edge, sports tires are more like on marshmallows.

When the fastest guys, or girl (just one girl, but faster than most of the guys), are in the room, they finish a 3 lap race, 5 to 20 seconds faster than the 3rd place driver, and they may finish within a few 100ths of one another.

I know how to set up a room, I am not new.

How do you check for a car with the wrong transmission? You can’t.
Toyota’s STARLET Glanza V, and SPRINTER TRUENO GT-APEX (AE86 Shuichi Shigeno Version) are both great cars, but they have 5 speed transmissions. In a close race having an 8 speed transmission would give a real advantage.

I can't even imagine how happy I would be to be able to just take all the parts of all the cars in GT and create whatever frankencar I wanted. But I can't.

Those that feel they can cheat and do that, well I have no use for them and I hope they all get PSN banned.

Toyota’s STARLET Glanza V, and SPRINTER TRUENO GT-APEX (AE86 Shuichi Shigeno Version) are both great cars, but they have 5 speed transmissions. In a close race having an 8 speed transmission would give a real advantage.

I can't even imagine how happy I would be to be able to just take all the parts of all the cars in GT and create whatever frankencar I wanted. But I can't.

Those that feel they can cheat and do that, well I have no use for them and I hope they all get PSN banned.

I don't disagree that there may be a few "bad apples" that use hacks for tiny changes like you mentioned just to cheat the car into a better position, but I've not yet met/heard of any creators that would just stop at changing the transmission and leaving all the other parts alone. (even something as little as a suspension change has a PP effect now) Most take pride in making a truly unique car (with the exception of the 999mph crowd, who should all be banished to a kindergarten somewhere without net access) and will generally not bother anyone with a regulated room or "race for real" lobbies. Again, there will always be exceptions to that, but for the most part, based on my experience, hybrids are generally for fun, not personal gain.

If I had the tools to do so, I would test out your supposition that those cars would perform better with an 8 speed box, but based on my GT5 creations even a 7 speed gearbox ends up too long to be utilised by anything with less than 600bhp, even when you "flip" it.

I remember seeing you there, but I don’t remember seeing you win.

I think I have seen you in there before also, though that could have just been here.

Tonight’s room was really pretty casual, but I do have some really competetive friends. I’ve even created a rule that if you win you must retire that car.

Racing with SRF on RS tires is a whole different animal than most of you “realistic (I really wish I could do air quotes with my fingers)” SH tire drivers think. When your traction breaks, it breaks hard and you crash. It is certainly not a turd with racing softs to make up for poor tuning.

These cars are tuned, I would argue they are better tuned. With racing softs you are on a knifes edge, sports tires are more like on marshmallows.

When the fastest guys, or girl (just one girl, but faster than most of the guys), are in the room, they finish a 3 lap race, 5 to 20 seconds faster than the 3rd place driver, and they may finish within a few 100ths of one another.

All this time I've been focusing on CS and SH tires, who knew it took more skill to run on Racing Softs...lol

With minimal tuning to flatten the power band slightly (less than 10% engine limiter) going from a 5 speed to 6 or 7 makes no difference on the track. I tested this thoroughly in GT5 when trying to gain an advantage through hybriding...its a red herring. This was borne out in some TT's as well. I watched a lot of replays and there were plenty of top drivers that would tune custom transmissions so they used only 3 or 4 gears for a track, whereas a typical tune might use 5.

Back