Have a Look in the Mirror?

  • Thread starter Thread starter SS_1182
  • 53 comments
  • 3,089 views
Messages
1,173
Messages
user27564
(EDIT: Not an angry thread, just common sense and pointing out that people up in arms over "exploits" need not be. Not useless when you consider so many people who are losing their minds over people getting cars without much effort.)

(2nd Edit: This isn't even an argument condoning duplication or birthday exploitation, it's an argument for not trashing other people for merely using a different kind of exploitation because most people cannot honestly say they have never exploited something in this game.)


Birthday glitch, duping cars, backup saves... call them exploits, call them glitches, call them cheats.


Fine.



How is B-Spec racing with vastly overpowered cars, A-Spec racing with vastly overpowered cars, leaving your PS3 running for hours on end in B-Spec races while you do something else, using the X-1 for ANY race... etc., etc., etc...



...NOT and exploit, or a cheat, or an unfair advantage?



If you have never bumped the AI cars in a race to create an advantage, or cut a chicane for an advantage, or used a car with a significant horsepower advantage in a race, or never used the X-1 in any event, never used better tires than the opponents...


...by all means, go ahead and jump on your soapbox. I'd venture to say that less than 1% of people can truthfully claim not to have done those things, which in the end only lead to credits for placing higher at the end of a race. Exploits of the game's design. Cutting a chicane is cheating. Knocking the AI cars off the track is cheating. Using a 935hp car against roadsters can easily be seen as cheating.


"cheating" -

1. act dishonestly or unfairly in order to gain an advantage, esp. in a game or examination


If you have done any of those things you're no better than the birthday and duplication exploiters who are merely getting easy cars and credits in a different way. You don't earn legitimacy points by leaving your PS3 on for days and running up your electric bill. That's not "playing" the game if you don't sit and actually attend the B-Spec racing. And it's really not even playing the game to sit and grind out 50 American Championship A-Spec races with your race-modded Corvette for cash either. Just because you sat there the whole time, you're better than someone who birthday exploited their car?


No.

They just thought it through and picked a more effective exploit than you did.




If you have ever started a B-Spec race that you simply hit "start" on and went to do something else, came back and magically thousands of credits appear, please... have a look in the mirror?



It's a game.
 
Last edited:
Do I get a prize for having done all of the listed actions? :)
 
This is a bit much tbh.
 
It's rational, not a bit much. Somebody had to say it.
 
Feel better thats off your chest?
 
I feel quite highly qualified to post on this as my b-spec bob is running as I speak, and I'm also watching tv. ;)

Those 2 exploits are on different levels, one (b-spec bob grinding) is knowingly in the game by the designers.
And the b-day cheat and duping were not intended by the designers.
 
It's rational, not a bit much. Somebody had to say it.

I'd agree completely.

This site is home of the hypocrite.. bunch of pansy whiners with nothing better to do than come on here and complain while their Bob's run races hahah
 
Birthday glitch, duping cars, backup saves... call them exploits, call them glitches, call them CHEATS.


Fine.



How is B-Spec racing with vastly overpowered cars, A-Spec racing with vastly overpowered cars, leaving your PS3 running for hours on end in B-Spec races while you do something else, using the X-1 for ANY race... etc., etc., etc...



...NOT and exploit, or a cheat, or an unfair advantage?



If you have never bumped the AI cars in a race to create an advantage, or cut a chicane for an advantage, or used a car with a significant horsepower advantage in a race, or never used the X-1 in any event, never used better tires than the opponents...


...by all means, go ahead and jump on your soapbox. I'd venture to say that less than 1% of people can truthfully claim not to have done those things, which in the end only lead to credits for placing higher at the end of a race. Exploits of the game's design.



If you have done any of those things you're no better than the birthday and duplication exploiters who are merely getting easy cars and credits in a different way. You don't earn legitimacy points by leaving your PS3 on for days and running up your electric bill. That's not "playing" the game if you don't sit and actually attend the B-Spec racing. And it's really not even playing the game to sit and grind out 50 American Championship A-Spec races with your race-modded Corvette for cash either. Just because you sat there the whole time, you're better than someone who birthday exploited their car?


No.

They just thought it through and picked a more effective exploit than you did.




If you have ever started a B-Spec race that you simply hit "start" on and went to do something else, came back and magically thousands of credits appear, please... have a look in the mirror?



It's a game.

How nice that you were able to take some time off from duping cars and "trading" them to write this useless post. Cool story bro. 👍
 
Both are exploits to get easy cash and cars. That's the point. People keep losing their minds in the other threads over people getting easy cars, etc., which is why I wrote this. They don't seem to understand that they are likely to be consistently exploiting the game themselves.


This isn't some angry thread. It's just common sense.
 
its a game, you paid your 60 bucks for it, I paid mine, he/she paid theirs. Its up to them how to enjoy the game. There are cheats/exploits/secrets in any game. Its not like this a bar exam or trying taking the SAT, ACT. If they enjoy the game better by grinding out pts/money so be it. If you dont, then dont do it. Its that simple. They bought the game, they are free to do what they want with it. Its as simple as that.


I hope you feel better. Sounds like you have a lot of pent up anger.
 
Ok lets see over powered car for b-spec well yes its a must coz bob is a bloody retard how else are you meant to win b-spec ?

Leaving b-spec running while we do other things yep coz alot of us have lives to live and cant sit at the ps3 all day watching a retard in a car

Using an over powered car in a-spec yep well at the end of the day blame PD for that since the game takes so much grinding I want to get it over with as quickly as possible so I can enjoy buying and modifying and driving all 1000+ cars
 
I haven't done the birthday glitch or duplicated cars and I don't intend to, I also use relevant cars for my B spec endurance races i.e Laguna Seca = Dodge viper road car unmodified.

But, I would like to know how grinding Indy level 23 A spec is ''cheating'' and therefore qualifies me as the same as people who glitch and duplicate..??

How else am I going to get the money for cars, or experience points to move to the next level..??

Polyphony has made grinding 100% necesary in the game because each endurance race doesn't give enough experience points to move you to the next level..??

That also applies for the majoirty of the A and B spec level races aswell, thinking about it.

Dude, sorry, but I think you've over reacted a bit..

I hate cheats, and to call me one for griinding - no way 👎
 
This isn't some angry thread. It's just common sense.

Common sense, really?

Bspec has always been part of gt5. Regardless of how its done, no one had to do anything special to participate in bspec.

There is a clear difference between playing a game mode and cheating the system.

I don't care that you cheat, you bought the game and play how you want to play it and that's your right. But, they are 2 completely different things.
 
I bet you're also completely OK with returning home after you've worked your 🤬 off for ten hours a day and Mr X steps out of the shadows with a gun and robs you blind. Oh, you aren't? Why so? He just thought it through and picked a much more effective way of making money than you did.
 
B-Spec with a vastly overpowered car where you leave the room, or your house for that matter, come back 4 hours later and have a lot more credits than you did before the race is not called playing the game.
 
I bet you're also completely OK with returning home after you've worked your 🤬 off for ten hours a day and Mr X steps out of the shadows with a gun and robs you blind. Oh, you aren't? Why so? He just thought it through and picked a much more effective way of making money than you did.



The fact that you just compared that situation to what goes on in GT5 is proof that this post needed to be written.
 
He mad.

You don't have to write so much to justify your action. Anyway, cool story bro 👍
 
B-Spec with a vastly overpowered car where you leave the room, or your house for that matter, come back 4 hours later and have a lot more credits than you did before the race is not called playing the game.

No sir that is called going to the girlfriends house and keeping her happy :sly:
 
He mad.

You don't have to write so much to justify your action. Anyway, cool story bro 👍

This.

Abusing game exploits is in no way close to actually playing the game.
 
Im sure even the best pit bosses have thought "you know what, i reckon i could nip out back for a crafty smoke while Bob McSpeedy out there drives a couple of laps without me shouting in his ear"

At the end of the day, all these exploits come down to a matter of scale.

I agee that faking numerous accounts in order to get birthday gifts is... somewhat underhand, but at the other end, is my daily trading of my 430 Scuderia between my account and my girlfriends account to duplicate the paint "cheating" as well i wonder? I just love the Rosso Monza colour so much, but should i have to buy the Ferrari over and over again in order to paint other cars with it? No.

Its all about scale. And B-Spec grinding is right in the middle imo. Nothing wong with guiding Bob into first over the first lap or two and then walking away for the next dozen til the end of the race or first round of pitting.
 
It's a game. It's the internet. People have opinions. Get over it.

I paid $60 to play my game, not worry about how other people are playing theirs.
 
It's hilarious that people think that grinding is more "work" than the birthday glitch. I don't even use it because I tried and I couldn't even get the car I wanted to come up. It actually took more "work" to do that than grinding some mind-numbing event. Again, another argument from the exploit police which doesn't hold up.
 
SS_1182
I'm not mad. Hope this helps.


Coxis
Your post's demeanor begs to differ.




That's the funny thing about a text-only environment. 💡
 
It's hilarious that people think that grinding is more "work" than the birthday glitch. I don't even use it because I tried and I couldn't even get the car I wanted to come up. It actually took more "work" to do that than grinding some mind-numbing event. Again, another argument from the exploit police which doesn't hold up.

You don't grind - so how do you move up A and B spec level's then??

Maybe you could also pull a rabbit out of a hat also.... cut someone in half.... or make yourself dissappear 💡
 
I didn't say I don't grind. I said I don't birthday exploit because it's more work than grinding, which nullifies the argument that the birthday exploit is somehow 'easier' than grinding.



Edit: Now that my B-Spec is high enough I don't have to grind. I just run B-Spec races when I have more important things to do. It requires hitting "start". I don't call that grinding. I do call it exploiting.
 
You don't grind - so how do you move up A and B spec level's then??

Maybe you could also pull a rabbit out of a hat also.... cut someone in half.... or make yourself dissappear 💡

I'm at level 27 and haven't grinded yet. With these online seasonal events I think the need for grinding is really not necessary anymore. If you just find other stuff to do you'll level up. Those seasonal events give crazy xp.
 
I didn't say I don't grind. I said I don't birthday exploit because it's more work than grinding, which nullifies the argument that the birthday exploit is somehow 'easier' than grinding.



Edit: Now that my B-Spec is high enough I don't have to grind. I just run B-Spec races when I have more important things to do. It requires hitting "start". I don't call that grinding. I do call it exploiting.

I suggest you to look up the word exploit in a dictionary.
 
Back