Have they switched off the Penalty system or….

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
certainly rolled it back..? Tonights daily races are a rendition of Destruction Derby but no penalties being handed out except in the most extreme instances - example the GT3 daily, down to the first corner at the end of the long straight - last man drives headlong into a herd of cars taking out 7 or 8 - he goes from 16th to 8th with a 2 second penalty - he finishes 10th.

people driving into people or the classic block pass with a twist where they use your car as the brake because they are turning into a corner then nothing given - it feels Like they have rolled back to limits

I don’t know what is what but It feels like Penalty System is on a go slow

Last edited:
certainly rolled it back..? Tonights daily races are a rendition of Destruction Derby but no penalties being handed out except in the most extreme instances - example the GT3 daily, down to the first corner at the end of the long straight - last man drives headlong into a herd of cars taking out 7 or 8 - he goes from 16th to 8th with a 2 second penalty - he finishes 10th.

people driving into people or the classic block pass with a twist where they use your car as the brake because they are turning into a corner then nothing given - it feels Like they have rolled back to limits

I don’t know what is what but It feels like Penalty System is on a go slow
They basically removed contact penalties a while back, some races are worse than others but sardegna has the potential for massive multi car DivebombS.

This is why when I race online it’s only with friends.

Attachments

• 60244DFB-AC7E-4906-ACFC-F9527C8DD732.jpeg
    60244DFB-AC7E-4906-ACFC-F9527C8DD732.jpeg
    108.9 KB · Views: 13
Allegedly Polyphony check out this forum - I’m not convinced, as they don’t seem to engage with their community in any way but if the do I wonder - do they care, do they have a professional level of pride that says what they have done - right or wrong - is simply not good enough - I would prefer to race without the system rather than with a set of Rules we have now which are so poor and inconsistent. If you race at the front then this probably doesn’t matter but if you don’t then this does and to have the developer live in their ivory tower pretending the moaners are just cheaters - I think they do by the way - is not a good sign for the future of the franchise

Allegedly Polyphony check out this forum - I’m not convinced, as they don’t seem to engage with their community in any way but if the do I wonder - do they care, do they have a professional level of pride that says what they have done - right or wrong - is simply not good enough - I would prefer to race without the system rather than with a set of Rules we have now which are so poor and inconsistent. If you race at the front then this probably doesn’t matter but if you don’t then this does and to have the developer live in their ivory tower pretending the moaners are just cheaters - I think they do by the way - is not a good sign for the future of the franchise
It’s quite possible a few of the team look here independently for ideas to impress their boss or something but it’s quite obvious the decision makers at PD aren’t looking here to see what issues they should address or changes they should make to improve customer satisfaction.

- I would prefer to race without the system rather than with a set of Rules we have now which are so poor and inconsistent.
Honestly, I’d actually prefer to race with too many penalties than none at all, or not enough. At least then there’s be an incentive to avoid all contact.

I learned a new move from someone today: attempt to divebomb a line of cars, only to get ghosted (presumably to avoid unfair contact?) but then reappear in front of all the cars because of the momentum carried through!!! This kind of “solution” is actually incentivizing horrible race behavior.

Last edited:
Honestly, I’d actually prefer to race with too many penalties than none at all, or not enough. At least then there’s be an incentive to avoid all contact.

I learned a new move from someone today: attempt to divebomb a line of cars, only to get ghosted (presumably to avoid unfair contact?) but then reappear in front of all the cars because of the momentum carried through!!! This kind of “solution” is actually incentivizing horrible race behavior.
I know where your coming from and I get your point, I‘M just tired of getting penalties for no contact or where someone hits me - the inconsistency is unforgivable - where I hit someone fair cop have no issues with that but someone brakes well before the brake zone - that’s a penalty in any form of motor sport - except GT where your the guilt party for not knowing he was going to break early - it’s just not good enough

Man I sure hope not. For four years the easiest way to tell that GTS had just gotten a patch was I'd get on the forum and then at the top of the index I would be made aware that

1658261360135.png

Look at this, just happened few minutes ago, I wasn’t even involved and it still pissed me off. Poor Spaniard spun and finished 10th or below in the end. No penalty for Austrian. Abominable penalty system.

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back