Have you changed your view on standard cars?

  • Thread starter Thread starter ghsnu
  • 68 comments
  • 4,811 views
Messages
1,039
United States
Tucson, AZ
Messages
spedy7
Haven't been a major fan of standard cars until around this week or so (which is when I went from cockpit view to chase cam).

Just bought a RUF CTR2 and found a NOMAD Diablo, Pagani Zonda C12, and Skyline Pace Car this week.

Have you changed your view on standard cars?
 
I've always wanted to use them regardless of the graphical differences, so my view has stayed the same. I spend a lot of my time browsing the Used Car Dealership scanning for my next purchase. There are so many great Standard cars that most of my garage is 70/30 split of Standard's. People that refuse to use them are really missing out. I'm forced to use roof/hood cam instead of cockpit view though, and I miss not being able to change/paint the wheels. PD does need to work on consistency across the board for the next GT game, make everything in the game the same quality.
 
Last edited:
My view has changed considerably. Some look quite good and the physics are exactly the same... and that "Pokemon" rarity thing has me always looking forward to a visit to the dealer...

Though there are some really poorly done ones... but if I could just have a proper HOOD cam I would be more than happy... why such a staple view was left out is beyond any conventional logic...
 
My view hasn't changed, but only because the game was out for a month before I got it (Christmas). The standard cars aren't as bad as some people are making them out to be, but I do wish I could change the wheels (and not have such a limited selection when I can!).
 
My view has not changed. They are a black eye for GT and represent a major flaw in the way PD works.

One thing I think is important to keep seperate is the models/cars themeslves and the standard portion of what makes them standard cars.

I love a lot of the cars that are standard, I dislike very much the quality with which standard cars are represented in the game.
 
Hmm, I am kind of sitting on the fence on this one. They drive very well, I personally cannot feel the difference (if there is any) between standards and premiums when it comes to physics.

But when I come home from work and just want to do a few laps on the ring, I allways choose premium cars. Especially since the 1.05 update without the hud.

I can somewhat understand the Decision to implement them in the game, it certainly is better than not having them at all.

But would I have preferred 500 premiums over 200 premiums / 800 standards? Definately.
 
Some standard cars don't look to bad and drive quite well, such as the early model and late model rally cars
 
I dont use cockpit view at all since its redundant, and its hard to see the difference between all the cars at 200 kph anyways, so it never bothered me in the first place.
 
I think em as a collectibles car :D , i want another furai > <
 
I still refuse to use these cars apart from the FGT. Truth be told, if the F2007 and F10 could be used in A spec, I would not use the FGT. Anyway, I am 3/2 levels away from the Vettel challenge so this standard car will soon be replaced by the X1
 
For me, standard and premium are equal. I use cockpit view only during replays, but never while driving.

Most of the time, also in b-spec, i use the standards.

standards > premium usage. (roof cam ftw)

I liked most of the standards from the beginning.
 
Last edited:
I still refuse to use these cars apart from the FGT. Truth be told, if the F2007 and F10 could be used in A spec, I would not use the FGT. Anyway, I am 3/2 levels away from the Vettel challenge so this standard car will soon be replaced by the X1
I noticed your avatar, you still wouldn't touch this?: (It's a blast to drive by the way)

AutodromoNazionaleMonza_1.jpg
 
Changed my view? Nope, I'm 30% through the game and I have never bought one of the Premium/New cars.

So many good FUN cars in the used dealership, when I save up to mod one of my cars there's usually a used car in the dealership worth buying!

Dont know how you can drive in the chase view, it's hard for me to get the feel of the car like that.
 
It's not about changing opinion of Standard cars; most fun race cars are Standard, so I have no choice...
 
I never really minded the standard cars so no, my view has not changed.

there are so many great cars in UCD.

no cockpit view does not bother me and they really don't look that bad either.
some of them, example Amuse Carbon R, look pretty dang good.

physics is the more important thing to me and that is the same so...
 
For some cars, like the Autobacs Garaiya or Jag E-Type, I dearly miss the cockpit view. That doesn't take much away from the driving experience itself of course.

So in a way, I'm not that upset anymore, though the immersion is greater when driving in cockpit view. I treat the standard cars as a "vintage pack" of loved cars from GT4, so I'm glad they are in with updated driving model and all.
 
My view has changed a little. I used to like Standard and Premium equally, but now I like standards more. The reason is that in premiums I cannot turn off the moving steering wheel and cockpit arms. Those are EXTREMELY annoying. If I could turn those off, I would never think twice about driving in cockpit view.
 
Premium cars? What's that?


I've been playing for a few days already, and I haven't driven a single Premium outside of the Special Events and Licenses.
 
I love the ucd and there are some gems within! Sure, all cars as prem's would have
been great but we'd never have seen the game if they'd had to model them all :)
 
If anything, it's got worse. I just don't get the same feel with standard cars and I barely use them (Only when it's strictly mandatory). Which is a pitty because most standards are more interesting than some premiums (Yes, you daihatsu crapboxes) and are some genuinely amazing cars like the Veyron, the group C cars, the old rally cars, the DTM cars, some supercars, the Toyota 7, the 2002 Turbo, etc. I would love those being premium, after all they make a little portion of the car list given that most cars are just duplicate k car crap, miatas, 3000gts, and skylines.
 
I haven't change my view because there's no bonnet camera to change it to, so I'm stuck in bumper view.
 
...The reason is that in premiums I cannot turn off the moving steering wheel and cockpit arms. Those are EXTREMELY annoying. If I could turn those off, I would never think twice about driving in cockpit view.

I love cockpit arms.
 
I've change my opinion.......twice.

Originally I didn't like them, but seeing the actual interesting cars are mostly used cars, I bought them en mass, a lot of very interesting classic cars, I lapped them, collected them.

But then I can't help being disappointed when I look at the replays and thought a lot of these cars deserve a better model, even if an interior view is too much to ask, some models really don't do the real car justice.

So I find myself back the premium cars lately, mainly for the immersion and a feeling of solidity.
 
My garage is definitely geared more towards Standards, though I do miss not being able to change their wheels. I hope PD can rectify this at some point...

Mainly because I like to drive the more unusual stuff, I suppose that's why I hang out more with the standards than premiums. I was pleasantly surprised that the VW Kubelwagen was Premium, though! I have about six or seven premiums compared to about 15 standards.
 
Own way more standards than premiums. Bumper or cockpit cam 50/50 on this would be nice to have more models but it's been like what 4 years waiting for this game. Delayed release is why I bought an xbox first then the ps3.

But whatever I'm happy now.

Swapping rims no the standards would be nice to.
 
Have I changed my opinion.... slightly, I have 4 or 5 Premiums and like 8 standards, (most of them are prize cars) and I feel dissapointed as there are som standards that should really be premiums (Veyron, Zonda, Furai, Toyota 7) and more.

When I visit dealerships, I mostly find myself in a new one because somehow I can't justify spending 5,000,000Cr. on underdone cars.
 
Not changed my view since I always use bumper cam, the cars could be a square block of solid color for all I care, as long as the physics feels good.
 
Problem is that it's likely that standard car physics although might feel good, might not be totally sound. For instance, standard cars are generally much harder to roll over than premium ones, and when they do, it's like there's some kind of force trying to bring back all their wheels on the ground.
 
Not changed my view since I always use bumper cam, the cars could be a square block of solid color for all I care, as long as the physics feels good.

+1

The car could be a horse for all I care, or a pigeon, or a tomato, or a sub-atomic particle. I could drive my Cerbera, 350C, M3 CSL and RUF RGT/BTR/YB all day round Deep forest

<3 standards, <3 bumper cam

Premium cars' only extra benefit is photography. This is not a primary concern, for me. I do like to occasionally snap my 787B or suite of Ferraris - but - I've got PLENTY of premium cars to take photos of for at least the next 7000 years
 
I changed my view on standard cars when I first got the game. Before the release I heard about the standard and premium models I was not too happy about it. Once I played the game I had a look at some of the standards and it really isn't as bad as I first thought. A few of them do look terrible tbh but they are not cars I care about so it does not bother me and I don't use the cockpit view so the standards lacking this does not bother me either.
 
Back