Have you changed your view on standard cars?

  • Thread starter Thread starter ghsnu
  • 68 comments
  • 4,811 views
Nope still dont like them and never will.

my only hope is to not see one ugly standard car in gt6 ..
 
You'd think having RUF brand cars in the series would be a big deal to PD, but not after seeing the models. Go check out the RGT .... the fuel door on the right front quarter panel appears to be drawn with a crayon. Or drawn by a two yr old.

Who at PD actually looked at that car and said... "GREAT, this one is finished!"??

The standard cars plain suck.
 
I have a LOT of the standard cars, the biggest problem I have with them is the woeful detailing on a lot of them. I spend a lot of time in photomode, so detail is important, I hope this will be remedied soon. And then there is the lack of customization available to them, I like slappin wheels on most of my cars. GT5 has a lot of possibilities, so I will wait for future improvements.
 
I was fine with standards until now. I've just got a new HDTV and the standards now look awful, I can't drive them now. The jaggies are what is hurting them, if they had smoother textures then they'd be a lot better looking.
I have a 47" LG and play in 1080p, and my reaction is obviously the opposite. In fact, the only cars I've been racing for the past two days are Standards.

I know that some people can't stand Lord of the Rings because of the obvious CG work that went into a few scenes. The magic of turning 6 ft tall humans into 4 ft tall hobbits isn't enough, I suppose. The curse of living in the HD age. Now, only perfection will do for some folk, and I'm sure this divide will exist from here on.

I'm glad I'm not in the picky camp, because supercars like the NOMAD Diablo are too much fun, and so are all the Celicas and tons of Nissans. And not to forget my current avvy. You guys are missing out on some great rides.
 
Seems the choice of which cars are premium has more to do with appeasing the manufacturers' PR departments than giving us fans the best of whats available. There is no reason for a Citroen C3 or Prius being premium cars, its not like theyre going to get driven anywhere near as much as a Lancia Delta S4 or CLK touring car for example. Bottom line, they've spent a hell of a lot of time making premium cars that areonly going to get minimal use by very few players.
 
Short answer: Nope.

Long answer: Because I had a rough idea of what we were getting coming in. From a visual standpoint, behind-the-curve models. Then the lack of customization (even compared to GT4) came out. Painting the cars does minimize the lack of aftermarket wheels, but it means I'm usually keeping Standards in stock trim, because they almost always look funny running a ton of power and lowered... on stock rims. People can bark about how GT's a simulator, and take it to the extreme by saying people who want visual modifications want to "NFS their rides"... but very few race cars I see, even amateur ones, look utterly stock. Ho hum.

Physics are definitely improved over GT4 (which, I mean, should be the case anyways). I want to spend some serious time with cars that have both Standard and Premium versions to see if the physics are in any way different. Though I guess if a Standard has a comparable Premium counterpart, why wouldn't it get a port-over of the associated variables?
 
I love the standard cars, and if they were not standard and standards were included, then i would not have that car at all..

Should they have spent more time working on them at PD's end? YES.

Would i live without them? Maybe but maybe not..
 
Love my Nomad Diablo. Only bummer is that you can't race it in the Super GT races even though that's what category it's from. Still, blitzed the XJR-9 round the 'Ring in the Wet for the Dream Car Championship. :)
 
Short answer: Nope.

Long answer: Because I had a rough idea of what we were getting coming in. From a visual standpoint, behind-the-curve models. Then the lack of customization (even compared to GT4) came out. Painting the cars does minimize the lack of aftermarket wheels, but it means I'm usually keeping Standards in stock trim, because they almost always look funny running a ton of power and lowered... on stock rims. People can bark about how GT's a simulator, and take it to the extreme by saying people who want visual modifications want to "NFS their rides"... but very few race cars I see, even amateur ones, look utterly stock. Ho hum.

Physics are definitely improved over GT4 (which, I mean, should be the case anyways). I want to spend some serious time with cars that have both Standard and Premium versions to see if the physics are in any way different. Though I guess if a Standard has a comparable Premium counterpart, why wouldn't it get a port-over of the associated variables?

+1 on the customization thing. If they give us some GT4 rims to change on these cars, I would be a happy man!
 
Back