Have you just moved from Forza to the GT series

• Thread starter Bee_Bee9
  • 77 comments
Having owned every GT since 1, and loved Enthusia somewhere along the way, I also own a 360 and FM4. I like the livery editor and the tuning options in FM4, the cars that GT doesn´t have and the option to edit the entire grid (AI) yourself in the online mode. Although FM4 has so much to offer I somehow never "fell in love" with it, never played it as much as I played GT5, maybe the fact I own a G27 wheel which, as you all know, is useless on the 360 (Adapters just won´t do) bears a great part on it.

I love GT6 and apreciate the standards are still there since they make most of my favourites. I understand MuoNiula´s opinion and anybody sharing his, but I just like the fact that it´s optional, anybody can avoid using standards just as they can avoid watching replays, using photomode or online racing, to each its own.

Someone mentioned it in this thread before, the best thing ever would be a game combining all the good things of FM and GT while leaving out the bad. Since that probably won´t happen ever, I will continue to apreciate both titles alike. Won´t buy a next gen console yet, not convinced with FM5 at all, instead I´d rather see if I can find a used Fanatec wheel for a reasonable price and more often fire up the 360 and FM4 from time to time. This and GT6´s to be expected long life cycle will keep me busy until I decide to go next-gen.

To those recently moved from Forza, a warm welcome to Gran Turismo! Have fun, play fair and enjoy all things that are yet to come.

Last edited:
Never felt the need to abandon GT series in the 1st place.
I dont know why, lots of people felt disappointed with GT5 and I never understood it. For me it was many times better than GT4, a game that I loved too.

I was pretty dissapointed with GT5. No leaderboards was a shock after playing GT5P which had a good set of leaderboards in it. Separate A Spec and B Spec was not something I wanted, liked it better the way it was in GT4, no restrictions on most races, no tire wear or fuel use on most races, after waiting for years and buying a PS3 and a Fanatec wheel just to play GT5 it was hard to not be disappointed with it. It had its upside and it did get better via updates but sadly I had stopped playing before many of the updates and seasonals were added.

I did play it long enough to unlock all but 2 races and managed to collect all the cars, had some fun racing online but over all the game left me wanting and I did not find the career mode to be fun.

I guess, I'm more into the sim aspect them some. My mistake. Also considering the setups and even on a lower setup when playing GT5, I had no issues with cockpit view. I've raced many on GTP that use it and they do so cleanly, if you're talking about your run of the mill fly by night casual gamers they'll blame anything on why they hit you. I wouldn't use your limited example as a reason why it doesn't function correctly. Also there are plenty of games that feature what sitting in a cockpit is like and technology is there as well, what are you talking about with the bold portion? It's been here

Then what's the point of having premiums, also PD don't need to go out and find the cars and take pictures and outside studio can do it and then bring it back to PD. I don't understand people perhaps it is where I work or the fact that the two degrees I got I have to have quality in everything and want to buy products that are the same. Maybe having to study QC in manufacturing. Who knows but if you're fine with non-linear quality across the entire game, good for you.

Please explain how it's not even close, I'd love to hear this. Also I'm not a fanboy of either in the past week alone I got into long winded fights about both games having flaws because said fanatical fans couldn't come to grips with how crappy the current stance of both are.

Yeah PD did this too with GT5, and here it comes the old tried and true M$ argument aspect.

They haven't failed with the MT, has it been fully taken out, I haven't seen it taken out and until it is you can't say it failed. Unless you have a fiscal sheet showing you the sales of MT to date? Dan and T10 sound like car people to me, the group that owns them sounds like a financial backer just the same as Sony for PD. I don't blame PD fully for the past DLC stuff that could have easily been patched and wasn't new.

PD are known for relying on it and thus having a glitched game as a result...they don't upload new cars weekly at least not as far as GT5 goes. GT6 on the other hand has stuff set up already for scheduled release but it isn't weekly.

I'm not going to bother in getting into some tit for tat argument or some kind of sentence parsing competition. I just don't care enough to bother with it. And to be honest, I'm curious why you're in this thread that's about people who have recently moved from Forza to GT? It seems you just want to defend Turn 10 in every post and try and tell people their opinions are wrong while hoisting yours high up as some kind of truth. Maybe I'm missing something, but that's how it reads.

But to address what points I can make out of all of that. Yes, I think tech is not good enough to present a cockpit view that is realistic. Dashboards are too prominent in every one, and none give you line of sight to all 3 mirrors. Many don't even give you a clear rearview. And yes, IMO GT6 is the far superior game to FM5. I'm not alone in that opinion. Standards aren't ideal, but I'd rather have them than nothing. And yes, my opinion is T10 has taken the EA playbook for how to bilk your customer while delivering as little as possible and made it a art form. And they both failed with the MT because BOTH had to adjust their precious economy because people weren't going to accept it. Anyways, carry on with whatever, I'm not wanting to argue on the internet these days so I won't respond any further.

I also came from the Forza series at one point.

When I was about 6 years old, my dad got me a PS2 and GT3. Also I was terrible at it until I was about 8, I had tons of good memories racing around SSR11 and Midfield in the Dodge Viper. Then I got GT4 at the age of 9, and the experience was even better! I loved racing a fully quick-tuned Daihatsu Midget around the Nurburgring! It was great! Around when I was about 12 years old, I got my hands on Forza 3, and a year later, an Xbox Live account. I was mostly interested in the online leaderboards. At first, I was about a top 5000 nobody, but I met a few guys who I had raced with in lobbies and they would give me tips and setups. I was quickly able to improve to a top 200 driver in the S Class at the age of 13 and 14, reaching as high as 11th on one of the tracks! Then GT5 came out, and I left Forza collect the dust while I enjoyed the karting feature. I haven't looked back since.

I'm not going to bother in getting into some tit for tat argument or some kind of sentence parsing competition. I just don't care enough to bother with it. And to be honest, I'm curious why you're in this thread that's about people who have recently moved from Forza to GT? It seems you just want to defend Turn 10 in every post and try and tell people their opinions are wrong while hoisting yours high up as some kind of truth. Maybe I'm missing something, but that's how it reads.

There it is, I was waiting for the "you're just a T10 defender", it's a forum and I'm just curious to see the legitimate reasons why. The only reason I'm telling you like it is (too bad you have issue with that), is because you are punishing a game for having a set of standards and telling their fan base that they will provide more but want to do it correctly rather than what they see their competition. Either way I'm far more impartial than you've made me out to be and actually am stating facts to why one shouldn't be hailed over the other. Opinions are fine but there are facts and if you don't like them that's fine.

But to address what points I can make out of all of that. Yes, I think tech is not good enough to present a cockpit view that is realistic. Dashboards are too prominent in every one, and none give you line of sight to all 3 mirrors. Many don't even give you a clear rearview.[/quote]

The technology is there and you can get all three mirrors the problem is you have to either play with a tri-screen set up or other setups to wide the view. PC games have a functioning system and so do Consoles, GT is that bad it's an interior lighting issue that is the problem and can actually be measured and seen. Still don't see how the tech isn't good enough, also some cars don't have a rear view or go straight to bumper cam because their real life counter part doesn't have a proper rear view. I don't like it that way but I understand it and in GT5 they didn't do it that way Miura is the best example of the change between games. You can shift your head in GT6 to see out the left or right window and side mirrors. In real life when I drive if I'm looking straight ahead that is pretty much the view you drive with.

And yes, IMO GT6 is the far superior game to FM5. I'm not alone in that opinion. Standards aren't ideal, but I'd rather have them than nothing. And yes, my opinion is T10 has taken the EA playbook for how to bilk your customer while delivering as little as possible and made it a art form. And they both failed with the MT because BOTH had to adjust their precious economy because people weren't going to accept it. Anyways, carry on with whatever, I'm not wanting to argue on the internet these days so I won't respond any further.

No one ever said you're alone in one being better than the other, it's a subjective matter of what is better no matter the amount of facts.

What evidence do you have that T10 is the one who is purposely doing this? Just like I can't blame PD for MT or some of the other moves made before it that are bad and milking customers of money.

Finally let me get this straight, you want to get the final word in and end it as such which is petty. I mean if you really weren't bothered and didn't want to continue the conversation you could have told me so through PM or not responded, it's clear that you couldn't let it go without saying the last word. I'm just having a discussion and see why people are transitioning because it actually helps me know if I'm making the right choice when buying a game or not.

I've played some FM5 and played all other FM but I feel T10 aren't doing enough as I already told you so I'm curious why you think I'm some T10 defender, even after I've given them crap.

The last few years we (finally) had multiplatform wheels and it was possible to own a PS3 and an Xbox360, with a single wheel and play both GT5 and Forza 3/4. I jumped at the chance, getting a Fanatec GT2/CSP set and spent plenty of cash on both the Xbox and Forza DLC in the process.

GT5 and Forza 4 actually complemented each other nicely. I enjoyed rivals and the car selection in Forza, while I enjoyed the track list, FFB and graphics better in GT5.

Now that we are back to having no crossplatform wheels (unless you buy a T500RS and TX and are willing to swap wheel bodies while keeping your pedals in place), and with the wave of PC sims starting to head towards release, I've given up on Forza for now. Boxed up my Xbox and Fanatec gear, bought a T500RS to enjoy gt6 and future releases with.

For me, Forza's downside has always been the limited track selection (at least in 3 and 4). The car selection is great, but the track list just isn't varied enough, and the horrible 10% oversized Nordschleife was always a big source of frustration for me. The idea that Forza 5 has even less tracks, while GT6 has thrown in so many new tracks on top of what was already there, makes it a no brainer to go for GT6. Combine that with Forza 5 maintaining the exaggerated tail happiness and mediocre wheel support, compared with GT6 heading closer towards PC sims in terms of physics, and the story is complete for now.

We'll see what the future holds. I certainly am willing to buy back into Xbox if Forza 6 starts heading back in the right direction, but at the moment I foresee a PS4 and GT7 as the next step, alongside AC and pCARS....

I have always been a GT fan. I have played every Forza released on 360, and the series started a downward spiral with FM3. FM2 was the best racer on 360, and I strongly urge anyone who has a 360 but not FM2 to buy it now - it is dirt cheap. I just can't find the same fun factor in Forza 3 and beyond than what I find in GT. Maybe it is Kaz's immense obsession with detail that keeps me with GT, something which Forza sort of lacks in some regards (look at FM4's rendition of the Nurburgring and you'll see what I mean). The game what told me Forza was on life support was Horizon. Simulation physics just can't work in a game which clearly needed people like Criterion at the helm, and I would say the same for GT if Kaz suddenly thought "We need an arcade racer".

But if some development team out there could prove me wrong - I'll eat my hat. :dunce:

I have opted to buy GT6 over Forza 5 because frankly there was no way I was going to pay the amount of money required to play FM5 when I already own a PS3. Im so glad I did because from what I have heard FM5 is a disaster. I even have friends who have purchased an Xbox One to play FM5 and are now playing GT6.

For me GT6 is superb. The main positives is the physics and the sheer amount of tracks. During a single player race last night I was in gaming heaven when racing around Spa at night whilst using my G25 wheel.

The only negative is I would like to see some Forza features to be introduced to GT6. These are more leaderboards and also a storefront where you can purchase tunes.

In the future I think I shall stick with GT. Sadly the Forza franchise has been going downhill and the lack of day/night, weather is going against the franchise. The only way I would return is if these features are implemented and they stop wasting development time on things like Autovista. I don't know anyone who bothered with this on FM4!

The last few years we (finally) had multiplatform wheels and it was possible to own a PS3 and an Xbox360, with a single wheel and play both GT5 and Forza 3/4. I jumped at the chance, getting a Fanatec GT2/CSP set and spent plenty of cash on both the Xbox and Forza DLC in the process.

GT5 and Forza 4 actually complemented each other nicely. I enjoyed rivals and the car selection in Forza, while I enjoyed the track list, FFB and graphics better in GT5.

Now that we are back to having no crossplatform wheels (unless you buy a T500RS and TX and are willing to swap wheel bodies while keeping your pedals in place), and with the wave of PC sims starting to head towards release, I've given up on Forza for now. Boxed up my Xbox and Fanatec gear, bought a T500RS to enjoy gt6 and future releases with.

For me, Forza's downside has always been the limited track selection (at least in 3 and 4). The car selection is great, but the track list just isn't varied enough, and the horrible 10% oversized Nordschleife was always a big source of frustration for me. The idea that Forza 5 has even less tracks, while GT6 has thrown in so many new tracks on top of what was already there, makes it a no brainer to go for GT6. Combine that with Forza 5 maintaining the exaggerated tail happiness and mediocre wheel support, compared with GT6 heading closer towards PC sims in terms of physics, and the story is complete for now.

We'll see what the future holds. I certainly am willing to buy back into Xbox if Forza 6 starts heading back in the right direction, but at the moment I foresee a PS4 and GT7 as the next step, alongside AC and pCARS....
I agree with much of this, though having played some PCars, iRacing, and rFactor 2 beta. Gt is no closer to PC physics and that is where I'd have to disagree, in what way is GT getting there, the tire model though improved is a far cry still from being PC worthy. Look at tire models alone that go into PC sims compared to GT of FM and you'll see they aren't close. Fm5 (not sure if you played it) does a better job in tire physics than PD.

However the rest of what you've said is why I wont be buying FM5 for myself rather just use my friends system and copy. I'm not going to go pay that much for a new XB1 then get the game, and then have to start from scratch almost on a rig to use it because MS didn't want to transition hardware over to be used on the next gen system. That is what pisses me off most about all of this, is that they don't even consider all of the players of some of these games.

I'm a recent convert to GT from Forza.

My rig is a triple screen with Bob Earl racing seat which has been worked to death in Forzas 1, 2, 3 and 4.

I just couldn't see myself buying three $500 consoles, including three useless-for-racing Kinects, AND a new wheel. And that ignores the space issue of trying to fit three large Xbox Ones into the existing cabinets alongside the three Xbox 360s. Backward compatibility would have fixed the space issue, and we wouldn't be having this conversation if the Xbox One had BC plus support for my existing Microsoft Force Feedback wheels.

Then the bombs dropped after FM5 release. No multi screen support and the number of tracks reduced.

I guess the good news was that I no longer needed to consider buying three Xbox Ones!

Given that I get to be more enchanted with large numbers of tracks than large numbers of cars, investing in a new wheel plus $20 for GT5 seemed like a great idea. And it was. This was about a month prior to the release of GT6.

What made it easy was having an old fat PS3 which was acquired principally as a BluRay player, and rarely used for gaming.

GT5 misses out on providing certain things that I like in Forza, however, it provides a new experience that I loved, if briefly.

GT6 arrived on release day, and I find myself switching back and forth between the two. I guess it's the B-Spec that keeps drawing me back.

Acting as a pit manager has quite a lot of appeal, and that is boosted by the vastly superior race spectating provided by GT. Unlike Forza, which has but one trackside camera for each track segment, GT has many and thus provides a variety of views. And unlike Forza's trackside cameras, GT provides camera positioning which mostly shows the target car in context with its surroundings and nearby cars. Too many Forza cameras are zoomed in so close that the car more than fills the frame. I guess it's the obsession with car graphics that drove this choice. I prefer context.

I was on the brink of investing in two more PS3s and two more copies of GT5 when the announcement came that GT5 servers would shut down in May. So I'll wait until GT6 supports triple screen before making this investment.

Meanwhile, the GT6 experience is terrific. So many tracks, time of day, weather, Karts and so on for maximum variety of experience.

Here is a big one for me. I race online with a friend, and our goal is to have fun, close races. GT6 (and 5) facilitate this by allowing car upgrades and tuning in the lobby. We tweak our cars between races to close the winning gap as much as possible. BTW, there's a trophy for winning by less than 0.01 second and we aim to win it!

Forza did not allow us to tweak the cars between races. It required that the player leave the lobby to upgrade or tune the current car and then be invited back in by the remaining leader. Forza would always assume that the returning player would no longer wish to drive his/her current car so would randomly assign a different one. If we both wanted to tweak things, we either had to do it sequentially or lose the lobby. Tiresome to say the least.

Finally, on the subjects of microtransactions and standard cars.

I have no use for buying in-game credits, but I'm happy that the option is there for those who want it and that it's not nagging in my face. The more money PD has to plough into development, the better I like it, especially when it's not my money!

Given a choice of including Standard cars or leaving them out, I prefer them to be in. I have no desire to own a thousand cars, but there are some gems in there.

In summary, FM5 provides higher costs, a tiny track list, less variety of experience and no multi-screen support. I'll be letting my Xbox Live Gold subscription lapse.

Given a choice of including Standard cars or leaving them out, I prefer them to be in. I have no desire to own a thousand cars, but there are some gems in there.

In summary, FM5 provides higher costs, a tiny track list, less variety of experience and no multi-screen support. I'll be letting my Xbox Live Gold subscription lapse.

Great post that sums up many people's frustration with what Forza has become. It really has been downhill in so many ways since FM2 it's hard to write a post that encompasses everything that is wrong. The worst part about it is they try and sell community as a point of the game, but have proven time and time again they care nothing for the community. Sure they'll throw a unicorn bone or something which keeps the army of fanboys in tow. But every other decision almost seems to be made intentionally to hurt the community. Which seems crazy to say..but how do you explain removing so many features over the course of the game? Prime example. FM3's release bombshell was removal of the custom public lobby, which was essentially the same as what GT6's online loobby system is like. Someone sets up a lobby, sets the rules, people join and off you go. They dumped that in favor of system controlled hoppers where everyone was lumped into the same rooms and the system picked the tracks, laps rules etc. It was a HUGE crapjob on the community at the time. But what Turn 10 told everyone in the wake of that was to explore the many league and series racing events that were ran around the series. Which was a boom for that community obviously. Now here it is 2 releases later and they've literally removed everything that allowed those series to even be run. The major Forza online racing leagues are sticking with FM4 to run their series. Why you ever make decisions that take away and restrict what has made your game so great in the first place is beyond me.

And yea, in comparison the GT6 experience is great. So many tracks. So many great cars (including standards). And one thing I'm finding I'm LOVING in comparison to Forza is the load times. Takes seemingly forever to load up a track on FM4 (I hear it's just as bad if not worse on 5), on GT6 it's like you hit select and it's almost immediate sometimes depending on if that track had installed in the background or not yet. I'll take very slightly less impressive graphics for massive improvements in load time anyday.

Welcome to the next gen of games, where graphics are the priority over everything else. Sigh.
The price to pay for those nice graphics is so big... basically that the content is reduced a huge amount.

We should also thank all the graphics obsessed gamers who judge the games by how they look because they are really helping to this "cause" of less content, more graphic detail.

Last edited:
I have always been a GT fan. I have played every Forza released on 360, and the series started a downward spiral with FM3. FM2 was the best racer on 360, and I strongly urge anyone who has a 360 but not FM2 to buy it now - it is dirt cheap. I just can't find the same fun factor in Forza 3 and beyond than what I find in GT. Maybe it is Kaz's immense obsession with detail that keeps me with GT, something which Forza sort of lacks in some regards (look at FM4's rendition of the Nurburgring and you'll see what I mean). The game what told me Forza was on life support was Horizon. Simulation physics just can't work in a game which clearly needed people like Criterion at the helm, and I would say the same for GT if Kaz suddenly thought "We need an arcade racer".

But if some development team out there could prove me wrong - I'll eat my hat. :dunce:

No way is Forza 2 better than Forza 4 man come on!
Sure the era was better, no question about that, it was a golden time to be an online racer. But in pretty much every way Forza 4 is much more solid imo.

I came from Forza 2, sold my Xbox a bit before Forza 3 came out and played FPS on PC all the time. I got gifted a PS3 a couple of weeks ago (I always wanted a PS3, just for Gran Turismo) so GT6 is my first racing game in ages.

On Forza 2 I was very top bracket on the leaderboards in most classes, probably top 2 or 3 overall for no assist racing. Went to GT6 and I get owned by everyone (lol)

I keep thinking of why, the DS3 is definately not as good a controller (IMO) as the 360 pad regarding the triggers and stick, so could be that. Could be that people practiced a lot more GT than me, or use better cars / tuning tricks.
With Forza there was definately something I preferred, the tyres didn't squeal so loud all the time which puts me off on GT6 I keep thinking I'm about to spin when I'm nowhere near, and in other cars I'll spin quickly, with the same sound. The force feedback is nowhere near as good as Forza 2's, not sure if it's the game, or the difference between the 360 pad and the DS3 (I'd love to try a wheel but don't have the room).

I've never raced a car in real life, so I'm not one to comment on realistic physics, but I find myself getting quite frustrated on GT6 trying to correct oversteer, seems like 99% of the time there's nothing I can do but purposely drive into a wall, otherwise it's off the throttle and blip it to control, left / right / left / right uncontrollable massive spin, this happens on a lot of cars, only way I seem to tame it is to use extremely low accel and decel LSD settings which I find is a good tune for most cars.

Another thing is the cars flipping on their roof. I always wanted this in a game, but some cars (especially a stock suspension NSX I have) cannot do a lap on Nordscheife without flipping, almost every corner this car flips on (I might post vid some time) but I get a funny feeling (along with the way a lot of cars drive, even stock) that something is bugged somewhere along the line in quite a big way, like sometimes you can just tell that some physic is being artificially forced upon the car in an unrealistic way, hard for me to describe, maybe it is just the physics are better (no idea) but Forza and all the GT's up to 4 were nothing like this.

I'm not really slaying this game, I'm quite addicted to it and driving is really nice on it, sounds are terrible when driving though- very generic, but when I sit down and have a smoke watching the replay the car sounds absolutely come to life (I really miss the sounds when driving on Forza, the engine sound had so much range) but overall I think GT6 is a better game (although I would say pretty hard to be very quick coming from Forza due to different physics) I think the way the cars feel is a lot better, much more sense of weight, makes the cars on Forza 2 all seem very light. The graphics are amazing as well, theres just some stuff from Forza that I wish was here (Livery editor was a game changer, engine swapping, body kits etc etc was much more customizeable) but maybe one day :)

No way is Forza 2 better than Forza 4 man come on!
Sure the era was better, no question about that, it was a golden time to be an online racer. But in pretty much every way Forza 4 is much more solid imo.
There were things to love in FM2, such as:-

1. System Link, (allowing LAN parties without subscriptions to Xbox Live and with no Internet lag)
  2. Local Scoreboards, (allowing the keeping of timing statistics for multiple cars in a class/track combo. Yes, actually using a computer for record keeping rather than a notebook - imagine that!)
  3. The ability to tune/upgrade in the Lobby, (allowing tweaking of cars without having to leave the Lobby and rejoin later). FM3 and 4 rubbed salt in this wound by insisting on replacing the players chosen car with some random choice from the garage.
  4. And actually being able read the split times since they were placed low in the driver's field of view and against a contrasting background.

All of these were changed in FM3 to the detriment of the racing community. And these changes were retained in FM4 despite the requests of the community. It's my understanding that none of these have been restored in FM5.

There were things to love in FM2, such as:-

1. System Link, (allowing LAN parties without subscriptions to Xbox Live and with no Internet lag)
  2. Local Scoreboards, (allowing the keeping of timing statistics for multiple cars in a class/track combo. Yes, actually using a computer for record keeping rather than a notebook - imagine that!)
  3. The ability to tune/upgrade in the Lobby, (allowing tweaking of cars without having to leave the Lobby and rejoin later). FM3 and 4 rubbed salt in this wound by insisting on replacing the players chosen car with some random choice from the garage.
  4. And actually being able read the split times since they were placed low in the driver's field of view and against a contrasting background.

All of these were changed in FM3 to the detriment of the racing community. And these changes were retained in FM4 despite the requests of the community. It's my understanding that none of these have been restored in FM5.

I agree with you 100% about the features you've mentioned there, I sorely miss them too. But in all fairness I don't think it's enough to make Forza 2 better than 4.
A fast, clean, door to door online battle in Forza 4 is joyous thing and you know it!:cheers:

Ha! I had to log back in here and bump this thread. I'm finally downloading GT6 as I type this, I can't wait to try out some of my old favourite tracks again.
I was so pumped when I got my hands on Project Cars 3 weeks ago only to find out that it's completely unplayable with a wheel. I'd completely forgotten about the PS3 I was given ages ago too, it's been gathering dust in a box in the spare room. It finally dawned on me this evening!
104 minutes until it's downloaded though...
Does anyone know if I can I change my forum name here by any chance? I don't know what I was thinking when I picked this name, my PSN name is Titzon Toast if anyone fancies a race or two.

I havent 'switched'. I've always had both the ps3 and xbox and now have all four consoles (yes I know its a giant mess).

IMO these arent huge expenses... the ps4 cost me $400 and so did the xbox one. Nor is it some kind of religious war.

I stopped playing Forza *right now* because the who series is in a lull. Forza 5 is effectively over for me, I've done 99% of the races and Horizon 2 is over.

GT6 still has some activity on it due to the online.

I think overall, if you asked me whats been the best in the last 5 yrs, I'd say its Forza 4. I know Microsoft are pains in the ass as far as money grubbing DLC goes, I mean I got Forza 4 + Season Pass and there's still a lot of missing cars there!

To me these games are about tracks ONE, and number of cars SECOND. And Forza 4 has so many tracks not found on other platforms that it would be a huge hole in the 'driving game' experience not to have played it.

Same goes with Forza 3. There are some fantastic tracks in that game like NY.

I still prefer GT5 over GT6. But to me, Forza 4 and the two modern GTs define what the hardcore console simulation market is (such as it is... I mean dont think they are *that* hardcore compared to PC but this is what we got so...)

As much as I dislike Microsoft's way of business, I think Forza 6 will really really be something special. Even at their very worst they cant fail here. They just got that special formula.

I'm hoping GT7 isnt far, maybe Xmas 2016? Thing is Forza 6 is due this Xmas?

Its turning out to be the GT5 on PS4 situation where there's just too many years after the new console came out.

Back