Have You Purchased Microtransactions in GT7?

Have You Purchased Microtransactions in GT7?

• Yes

Votes: 41 6.9%
  • No

Votes: 552 93.1%

• Total voters
Singapore
Singapore
XSquareStickIt
I am personally curious to know how many people have purchased credits with real money in GT7.

The purpose of this thread is to gauge how successful Sony's and PD's business model is. This is not the thread to discuss how ethical microtransactions are, or to discuss the game's economy. As such, the votes will be anonymous.

I personally may have bought some credits if they were at a more reasonable price. However, the pricing is set at such a ludicrous amount that I cannot even consider the possibility of buying any credits. I think Sony or PD needs to hire a psychologist to gauge exactly how far the average player can be pushed without completely losing them.

I did bought some cars on Gt Sport just for sake of supporting PD since they were giving us free content every month.

In Gt7 however absolutely no. Buying in this game will only support this shady bussiness tactic and I suggest everyone not to buy. Besides you need to spend ridiculous amount of money just to buy cars in legendary.

I got the 25th anniversary edition, so technically i did. The reasoning was from GT-Sport that i wanted to be able to race from the start, turned out i didn't really need the credits since i got paid enough to play the game without.

I have Zero plans to buy any credits in the future since i expect to play this game for the next many years and i really couldn't care less about the unicorns, and the rest of the cars are more than doable over time.

Personally i hope they simply remove the option and let the games economy stand on its own.

I will precede my post with the fact that I am not opposed to spending money on microtransations.

I play Path of exile (a lot, like 4000 hours a lot) and I must spend about £50 a month on it, but I could have spent nothing and still gotten 4000 hours out of it.

The difference is that PoE is a F2P game, GT isn't.

I personally treat every game as if MTX where not even a thing. For me it is still impossible to think this was even an option. Thats maybe why i wasnt as furios as many here. I play games as if they where intended to not purchase with real money and i still think the progress in the game is fairly ok. I play a lot but still find it normal to not be able to buy any car in the game.

On the other hand i find it good and usefull that MACROtransactions as in this game get called out by fans negatively to make an impact.

Last edited:
No. $20 for 2 million credits is insane.

I’m not against buying currency to save time. This game is just so gross about how they are pushing you with FOMO tactics like a f2p game. They even hid these from reviews so they knew how scummy it is.

No, and I highly doubt that I will. Not even out of protest or anything - I just believe Kaz when he says there’ll be tons of ways to make more credits in the future. Not to mention that with more events, I think there could be more menu books, and therefore more prize cars. I know we’ll at least get more prize cars via added missions, for example.

Last edited:
`No, and I wont be in the future.

Had they have chosen the path of some paid dlc every 12 months at a fair price I probably would have. I happily got the car passes for Forza 7 & Horizon 5. As it stands Sony wont get another cent out of me. I'm in the market for a new 75" tv and was considering a Sony, now LG will be getting my money when the C2 arrives. New Amp will now be Yamaha and PSVR2 can take a flying leap. They have undone in my case around 30 years of brand loyalty with their stupidity. It will take a missive turn around to get that loyalty back. I imagine I'm not alone either.

No, never. I didn’t even want free cars and money from the pre order. You should be able to progress without the need from MTXs and the fact that’s it’s so difficult in a full priced GT game makes me want to give them even less money.

I haven't and I won't and to be honest I rarely notice anything to do with them.
People are acting like it's forced on you or pushed in your face like a mobile game.
Once in a while, I may glance at a button, but I see it as a small option, not the intended way of playing. If you want to buy some credits, sure, go ahead. If not, don't.
You're also not meant to have the most expensive cars in the game as soon as you want them.

I don't buy any currency or DLC's. But it doesn't bother me that these exist at the moment. I didn't buy anything extra in Sport either, not even the Hamilton DLC.
It's not that I can't afford it, I paid 99 euros for the 25-year version including the bonuses. That's enough in my opinion.
As long as the cars that are so expensive aren't game-changing, I don't give a damn about the existence of MTX.

I haven't and I won't and to be honest I rarely notice anything to do with them.
People are acting like it's forced on you or pushed in your face like a mobile game.
Once in a while, I may glance at a button, but I see it as a small option, not the intended way of playing. If you want to buy some credits, sure, go ahead. If not, don't.
You're also not meant to have the most expensive cars in the game as soon as you want them.
GT6 - F1 = 1 million credits

GT7 - F1 = 18 million credits, and you earn (much) less per hour than GT6.

That's the problem.

Nope not for a full price game.

I am going to play as long as I can still have fun or until I get fed up with grinding credits just so I can have fun. Then I will probably go back to ACC or maybe Forza Motorsport will be out and I can give that a whirl. Will be interesting to see what a current gen only racing game will bring to the table.

I preordered, I waited a lot for this game and I would buy without hesitation. Then after the countdown at midnight while playing the game an hour or two every time the lottery tickets came I ended up with lowest price. 2000cr, 5000cr or similar. And this pissed me off because it looked malicious. Then I didn't buy anything.

After that the 30 hour downtime happened. And I had to wait like 10 mins even to launch the game to play offline. Then there was like 10-15 cars, not even the ones I already bought.

This all looks too greedy. Too bad to see entitled business people destroying such arts, creativity and hard work. I hope they get fired.

Back