Have You Purchased Microtransactions in GT7?

Have You Purchased Microtransactions in GT7?

• Yes

Votes: 41 6.9%
  • No

Votes: 552 93.1%

• Total voters
Or people should stop trying to have the most expensive cars when the game has just come out, but we're getting off topic.
What we are getting is your ability to prove that you clearly cant realize the problem.

The MTX pushing in this game is so hard you literally need to turn off your brain and eyes to not see it.

What we are getting is your ability to prove that you clearly cant realize the problem.

The MTX pushing in this game is so hard you literally need to turn off your brain and eyes to not see it.
I understand that people don't like the price of credits and that they also don't like the speed of earning credits.

Nobody is being crazy. We're basically not able to play the game offline in a decent way and the micro transactions are not done in a fair way acceptable by the community.
It was known long before that GT7 would have to be online. By the way, it was already the case in GTS that you couldn't do many things if you were offline or unable to connect to the Sony/PD servers. If PD/Sony banned a player, your user account in GTS was already worth a **** because you couldn't earn any more money ectr. since there was a cash reward after the race, but this money was no longer saved.

And now here in GT7 it's being pretended that it's something completely new. Ask WoW players what they can do without internet, or many other games. But heir gets excited about it, especially since there are also very serious reasons for these steps. I don't want to play in a game where you can cheat at will without consequences, see eg. FH5 an infested landscape with fraudsters, not a single race there has any "value" and therefore none of the cars because lap times under 1 second are a laughingstock!
You can go on like this, but it is not goal-oriented. If you don't like MTX, don't use it... and if you like it, spend extra money. And if you are soooo dissatisfied with GT7, PD or Sony, please just don't play the game, either never again or until it's really good.

No. Didn't even buy the micro transaction version of the game just the base version because I wasn't going to pay for credits.

I better take my gas pistol and shoot myself into the eye turning me blind, rather than paying a cent for InGame currencies of any game

I only pay for a game and perhaps DLC‘s like Mafia III but thats it.

Last edited:
No thanks. I wouldn't even buy 100,000 Cr. for 10 cents.
Agreed. Won't do it just on principal. I feel like if I did, I'd just be rewarding Sony's scheme to make it harder to get credits/cars. If they make a ton of $ off this, it will just get worse.

I wouldn't even buy the game whilst still full price. There's no way i'm going to buy in-game credits.

Nope. They seem way too expensive.
I kinda get the impression that the inclusion of the McLaren and 917 now is to gauge the player interest in mtx as nobody could afford both of those through gameplay alone at this stage. Maybe one of them but certainly not both.

Whoever bought the collectors edition needs to vote "yes", let's be fair.
Nah, I bought it because I got FOMO'd into the exclusive cars. I dumped the money on the other cover car, because I didn't expect to actually use it, and it was fitting for my 25th anniversary edition credits.

But... why would they do that?

It also doesn't seem to be working, as some people do buy them.
Main evidence is that Kaz basically stated that he wants people to take their time and play through the game slowly, which I believe is genuine. I'd like to believe he would cut them out of the game all together if he could, though I doubt he would ever say so even if he did feel that way.

Secondary - look at the pricing. They're too high for any rational person to consider. (And that's where I think it's truly immoral to have them at all, as there are too many irrational people out there that MTs essentially harm.)

No, I have not and never will.
I paid my €70, I object to the principle of mtx and think the price for credits in GT7 is outrageously expensive.

Nope never have never will , just spent 18 Million in game CR on the Porsche and it was a lot but I felt a achievment from earning it by racing and winning it properly .

I bought everything from season passes to ingame currency in plenty of other games, because i wanted to, the last thing on my mind would be what other gamers thought about it. And the sad fact is that it's such an integrated part of the gaming capitalism that it will never go away. If it wasn´t there it would be replace by something else.

With GT7 i simply don't have any need whatsoever.
I buy microtransactions as well normally once a month in other games (when im enjoying them) haha .. However currently your definetly correct there isnt that much to enjoy whether i spend 20 or 50 bucks, i would need to spend over 100$ to buy these big money junks anyways no car or anything in any game shoupd be worth more than the price of the game itself SHAME on polyphony ...

Nope never have never will , just spent 18 Million in game CR on the Porsche and it was a lot but I felt a achievment from earning it by racing and winning it properly .
What was your collector level before and after.. I went from 30 to 32 when i bought the Gt1 strassversen you must have went up alot ?

Definitely not.

I have bought and still own every main series title since GT1. Also GTS once I saw the changes they made to it.

Have never once bought micro transactions, and never will. I usually use GT4 as an example to my son who always wants “Microsoft Points”, that I bought that game in 2004, a one-off purchase. It’s 18 years old now, and I still play it to this day.
That’s value for money 😎

I bought the 25th anniversary edition because I wanted the steelbook as well as the digital PS4 version. That way I can have the PS5 disc on my PS5 and play the digital on my two PS4’s that are in different rooms.

Even the steelbook on GT7 was a letdown. I was hoping it would come with both the standard case and steelbook like it did with GT Sport. Instead it only came with the steelbook case and paper slip on cover which will eventually wear out.

Last edited:
Not really, I bought the 25th Anniversay edition because I wanted GT7 for my PS4Pro and at one time I had intended to buy a PS5. After being disappointed to date with GT7 I may skip the PS5 and buy a gaming PC for iRacing, its not that I refuse to spend money, I have an F1 Podium on order, its that I don't have time to race 10 hours per day to buy 1 high end used car per month. MTX are out of the question but I would pay for DLC if it is additional content.

I got the 25th Anni version too for PS4Pro Digital and a PS5 version since I guess eventually one can go out and buy a PS5 at retail...maybe...

The extra credit helps for sure, not so much any of the gift cars in the beginning...

No intention to buy anymore ingame credit with real money...

Well, I voted “no” because I wouldn’t really consider the 1,100,000 I got for the 25th anniversary version I pre-ordered as a microtransaction.

The reason I got that version is because overall I’ve always been very pleased with Polyphony’s games and while acknowledging it was actually a fairly weak special version of the game I still got it as I simply preferred getting that version instead of the standard one. In a way perhaps as an extra little thank you for creating good games. The bonuses were pretty minuscule and weren’t what convinced me of getting it. Also, at the time I got it I wasn’t in possession of a PS5 so the deal that gave you the digital version of the game for the PS4 was quite good for me at the time. Eventually I did get ahold of a PS5 but never mind.

So as far as traditional microtransactions go if we call them that, no I haven’t bought any and I won’t. The practice of buying credits for your real money is something that never really seemed like a good call for me, ever. Here more than usual because they are way too expensive for the very small amount of credits you receive. The way they’re set up right now I don’t see who they can convince or persuade because they’re not even effective microtransactions.

Last edited:
No, never will.

I will not support that brazen attempt to make me pay for ingame money by making cars super expensive, giving me timed offers and making racing payouts absolutely tiny. I rather give the super expensive cars a pass and find something else to drive thankyouverymuch.

I think people have forgotten that there are more events coming. When we get races based around faster cars, we will obviously be getting more credits.

Example: https://www.gtplanet.net/gt7-new-events-jimmy-fallon-20220312/
Yeah but with the way how things are going we're going to get race events of 800PP+ 20 laps on the Nordschleife for a 110.000 credits.

Last edited:
No. And have never met anyone who has either. Yet somehow this is the biggest threat to GT and the game is ruined now because of it according to some.

Everything in this game can be tweaked, fixed in time. There are negatives to online but this is an adavtage of online games, the abilty to update. But it takes more than a few days to make changes that may create more problems than they fix.

I have never thought of PD as greedy or not caring about fans. But I guess many do feel that way. Maybe work those feeling out before buying things in the future to prevent remorse.

Everything in this game can be tweaked, fixed in time.
Yeah, we already saw the result of that. It's not going so great.
I have never thought of PD as greedy or not caring about fans. But I guess many do feel that way. Maybe work those feeling out before buying things in the future to prevent remorse.
I already operate under the belief that no corporation cares about fans, because really, they don't. They care about money, and they'll act like they care to keep people buying.

GT7 is just scummy, on a level worse than any game I've ever bought. If I knew, I wouldn't have bought it, but it was set up in such a convenient way that reviewers wouldn't know how bad it was, and then 2 weeks later it got worse.

GT7 is just scummy, on a level worse than any game I've ever bought. If I knew, I wouldn't have bought it, but it was set up in such a convenient way that reviewers wouldn't know how bad it was, and then 2 weeks later it got worse.
I have to say, this is true. I'm playing a lot of other games of totally different franchises and I have yet to see such a blatant and bad attempt on the players wallets. It feels like PD is really new at this whole micro transactions thing because that's not the proper way to do it, they went totally overboard with it.

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back