having x-port issues

• Thread starter rxero
  • 37 comments
I got an xport and they sent me the wrong wires or somethign cuz it was to USB A to USB B cables. how are you supposed to hook to USB A devices up with that?? Anyhow so I went and bought a USB A to USB A cable and was like ALRIGHT! FINALY I will have an xport. So i go hook it up and BAM! nothing works. try downloading the latest software from there site. nope. Tried on a windows 2000 machine and nothing happens just "USB Error connecting to PS2" the same on my dad's windows millenium computer... Wonderful... is there something i'm missing? The PS2 is on and at the screen - "Waiting for a command" or whatever it says.. GRR!! WHAT IS UP WIHT THIS?! Well I hope soemone can give me some info. I posted to the Datel forum we'll see if they ever get back to me

Try reseting everything. Your PC and PS2 and then try it again. I will continuously get the USB error message if I forget to plug in the USB cable after starting the Xport program.

Did they include a little, "module" lookin thing that should have connected the 2 USB cables you have spoken of? It's shaped like an oval maybe?

Nope what I got in the package was 2 USB A to USB B cables and the 2 CD's. That's it. I mean I will try doing stuff in the order you want me to - Just list it in a reply like

1. PC and PS2 both off
2. Boot PC
3. so on so forth

Ok,
  • Turn off PC and PS2
  • Connect your USB cable to the PC and PS2
  • Boot up PC
  • Open Xport Program on your PC
  • Start up your PS2 and run the Xport disk.
  • Use your PC Xport program and initiate the transfer sequence.
  • Done

Originally posted by rxero
Nope what I got in the package was 2 USB A to USB B cables and the 2 CD's. That's it. I mean I will try doing stuff in the order you want me to - Just list it in a reply like

1. PC and PS2 both off
2. Boot PC
3. so on so forth

I'm not sure it will work without the little oval "thingy". Who and where did you buy your xport from?

Originally posted by Bonzhel
I'm not sure it will work without the little oval "thingy". Who and where did you buy your xport from?
it wont work with the little oval thingy, the little oval thingy is watch enables the files to be converted if i remember correctly.

wrote datel a logn email - think they will ship me just the peice i need?

Hello,

I recently purchased an x-port off your website - within the last few weeks and when it arrived I opened it up and found there were 2 USB A to USB B cables and 2 CD's. I started to get ready to hook my PC up to my PS2 and realized that I wasn't going to be able to connect my PC to my PS2. I figured that you must have packaged the incorrect type of cables so I ordered a USB A to USB A cable last week. Anyhow it got here this afternoon when I got home from work and I when and tried it out and got an Error when tryign to connect "USB Error connecting to PS2". I went online and posted to the Gran Turismo Planet forum (as I intend to use this with gran turismo 3)

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/t-32125.html

as well as on Datel's code junkies forum

http://forums.codejunkies.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=2;t=002587

I was able to findout though that there was a peice of equipment that I did not recieve described to me as "a little, module lookin thing" that is supposed to connect the two USB A to USB B cables together. I would appreciate it if you could ship me this peice or tell me what we can do to correct the issue as soon as possible. I have been waiting for weeks to set this thing up now. Thanks for your time and I look forward to a reply.

I was able to findout though that there was a peice of equipment that I did not recieve described to me as "a little, module lookin thing" that is supposed to connect the two USB A to USB B cables together. I would appreciate it if you could ship me this peice or tell me what we can do to correct the issue as soon as possible. I have been waiting for weeks to set this thing up now. Thanks for your time and I look forward to a reply.

Indeed. It is a small, clear-plastic (or black plastic on Sharkports) oval box, about 2 inches in length, containing a circuit board.

This device IS the Xport. The two USB B cables plug in to either side of it, and the two USB A cables lead to the PC and PS2.

Originally posted by Famine
Indeed. It is a small, clear-plastic (or black plastic on Sharkports) oval box, about 2 inches in length, containing a circuit board.

This device IS the Xport. The two USB B cables plug in to either side of it, and the two USB A cables lead to the PC and PS2.

nice they leave out the most important part then aye?

Just got a reply from them they have agreed to ship the part right away. Glad to hear it :) I was worried I was going to have to ship them my whole unit back and have them send me a whole new one. Fortunately they have agreed to ship me one once they recieve my shipping address. I wonder if the links to these forums affected there opinion on the matter any? :D

Just got a reply from them they have agreed to ship the part right away. Glad to hear it :) I was worried I was going to have to ship them my whole unit back and have them send me a whole new one. Fortunately they have agreed to ship me one once they recieve my shipping address. I wonder if the links to these forums affected there opinion on the matter any? :D

Let's hope so, I wouldn't be surprised if we made up a large part of their X-port sales.

when you ordered your xport, did they send you any order or shipping info, it still says my item is out of stock, its really pissing me off right now,i ordered this thing 5 days ago

it took me roughly a week and a half to get mine from the time i placed my oder i think. I ordered it on a wednesday and got it like the following friday.. Hmm they are saying they are out of stock though?? makes me wonder if they will be able to replace my part. They had better do it soon :confused:

hmm still no update from them as to if they have recieved my shipping address and whether or not htey can ship it out... hope it gets resolved soon

This is what the part look's like.

Also, you can buy Xport's and *Action replays, on ebay.

*Action Replay - You'll need one of these, to use the codes on the Xport.

Originally posted by Monster7
This is what the part look's like.

Also, you can buy Xport's and *Action replays, on ebay.

*Action Replay - You'll need one of these, to use the codes on the Xport.

yeah definately nothing like that in my box. i got the 2 CDs and 2USB A to USB B cables that was it.. I have a copy of action replay max. I just want to use MK's program to edit cars. I have been waiting on this stuff for liek a month now.. I'm disapointed in Datel. Since i sent them myshipping address over a week ago i still have gotten no reply :-/

id say just send back the thing and get your refund, i found a place online that sells em around 25 bucks or something and shipped it out the next day, should be here on the third

Originally posted by anthonysinatra
id say just send back the thing and get your refund, i found a place online that sells em around 25 bucks or something and shipped it out the next day, should be here on the third

where did ya find this??

rxero - maximum sig length is 6 lines here - yours is 9... Chop it before someone important sees you... ;)

Back