having x-port issues

• Thread starter rxero
  • 37 comments
:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

OK so I am really getting fed up with this. It's getting outrageous. I think I will contact the BBB if they don't reply to my message in the next few days. I got the dates of all the times I have emailed them and wrote them the following:

DATEL -

This is the FIFTH TIME I have had to email you. If you don't respond this time I will have to contact an agency such as the BBB to report this failure of customer service. Now I ordered a X-Port on September 30th 2003. I received it October 7th 2003 to find it was missing SOME part unknown at the time that would allow me to connect the PS2 to my PC. I went out and bought a USB A to USB A cable to try to remedy the problem myself only to find this was incorrect. I asked around online on forums to find out the problem. I came to find out I did not receive the actual X-port itself only the 2 cables and the 2 software CD's 1 for the PC and 1 for the PS2. On October 21st 2003 I emailed you this information and received a reply on the 23rd saying you would infect ship me the missing part I quote

"From: "Tech Support" <Support@dateldesign.com>
To: <oracle8000 (at) aol.com> (dont want spam )
Sent from the Internet (Details)
We can defiantly get the missing piece sent right away. Please forward your mailing information to us and we will get it shipped."

That same day I emailed you my shipping information which is

"aint telling the whole message board where i live :-p"

and failed to get a response back within a few days. I sent another email the 29th and again no reply. I emailed you AGAIN November 4th. No reply. All I want is this part shipped to me. It has been over a month since I ordered your product and it still has no use for me. I have bought your AR and AR MAX and have loved them however this incident has left me feeling quite unsure of the quality of your company. I would like to have this remedied as soon as possible.

Thank you for your time.

Jared xxxxxxxx

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

wow what do you know tell them you are gonna call the BBB and you get a reply. interesting... anyhow the thign is they sent it out already it's supposed to come today they never told me that though. had they just let me know they sent it out iw ould have been much happier. i feel kinda bad for writing them that now just i wouldn't have had i gotten some kind of message sayin i would be recievign it. ah well

...so good...

this my first on this board...excuse my english cause I'm from Italy...

that's an incredible thing but...but there's a solution...

just one month before I decide to buy X-port , yes in Italy , the italian distributors were not so clear about the chance to see X-Port on the market...I don't know how and why...that's the story...

I tell you at this point I was so frustrated and it remains me a chance to look for a solution...

after two weeks I went at a point and this is like I work now :

I got Action Replay 2 and , clearly , I downloaded X-Port from codejunkies (also I downloaded so many other things to help me to discover the world of the garage editor...)...I' ve bought the cable that , I presume , you need to complete your setup...so...

this kind of cable is really easy to found (I'm talking about Italy...) and his name is "prolific pl2301" an USB cable for USBIO devices that was a must , some years ago , to bridging and networking two PC by USB...

I think that Datel was in trouble with the producer of this kind of cable...think about it...today we go in networking very cheaply and nobody would go USB rather than TCP (I mean 10/100...very cheaply...) and they have a big chance to give a new selling chance to this old standard of networking due to the PS 2...

I think (maybe?) at last you got a chance to solve the problem...yes , I know that it's not in your intentions to spend more than you've done...but I think , against some other answers they gave me in Italy , there's no kind of circuit or whatever they've said bout X-Port than a stupid , old USB device...

maybe the X-Port boot disc for PS2 need an another kind of device...maybe the Action Replay dongle is a substitute of the X-Port cable/device...it sounds so strange to me...that's marketing...that's incredible...

I repeat...excuse my english...I would learn to write less "italian/traslate" form like this...

The italian is on to something, i've heard you could use a router to get the same results as an x-port. Either way, hope you got the oval-box-thingy and you won't have to find alternative resources.

Ciao!

i found something out. You have to have your PS2 completely turned off before you connect the x-port, other wise it will never read the USB cable, the same reason they tell you to turn off your computer before you plug it in

You should have your computer off before installing any new hardware. The one thing I remember having trouble with is the dongle itself. If you have everything installed and it is still not working properly, try turning the xport dongle around, I think it really only works facing one direction.

mine wasnt the dongle, my ps2 just didnt recognize it because i would turn it off, put it on, work on one of my cars, upload ok, play the game accidently disconnect the x-port, put in the disc and reconect it hit reset, find it dosnt work, get made, turn it off, come back later, turn it on, and findit working again. did that three times before i relized it has to be off. the x-port is constantly connected to my computer. but not to my ps2

Back