HBO's WestWorldTV 

I've watched all 4 Episodes, It's intresting but weird, are the robots supposed to be characters or what lol.

I've watched all 4 Episodes, It's intresting but weird, are the robots supposed to be characters or what lol.
It was created by Jonathan Nolan. If you've seen "Person of Interest", you'll get a good sense of how tightly he plot things out (he's a lot like his brother in that regard). The series set things up in the first season that would not be fully realised until the fourth. Odds are things will advance pretty steadily, gradually revealing more and more but keeping you wanting to know more.

@prisonermonkeys have you checked it out yet? interesting in hearing your opinion.
No, I don't have the channel package that includes Showtime, the channel that shows it (it's not work paying for six additional channels for the sake of a show I'll watch once a week). I'll have to pick it up on DVD when it's finally released (and who knows when that will be - I'm still waiting on the fifth season of "Person of Interest").

I'm watching it on HBO. Not bad. I'll keep watching and maybe look at what they're saying on reddit. I hear George RR Martin wants them to have a medieval theme borrowing from his brainchild, Game of Thrones. So he's interested, and that means something.

It's supposed to be from an old movie in the 70s, The show is really good, I like it. Anthony Hopkins looks crazed as always, the cast, acting, and story is great so far. I'd really like to see where they take this. If you get a chance, watch
Westworld the movie from 1973. It's a bit older, but still a good watch if you like the show. It's also already a book as well.

It's supposed to be from an old movie in the 70s

Whaaaaaat!? :D

It's a bloody brilliant film, you've got to watch it! Jurassic Park was the first kind-of remake, I'm hoping that this remake-proper will be as good as the film... it had better be... :)

It was way ahead of its time in some ways, the first film to use digital image processing (you'll see it, it's not great) and a good treatment of an early computer "virus" story.

I'm watching it on HBO. Not bad. I'll keep watching and maybe look at what they're saying on reddit. I hear George RR Martin wants them to have a medieval theme borrowing from his brainchild, Game of Thrones.

The worlds are Wild West World, Medieval World and Roman World (where the adult stuff happens).

Whaaaaaat!? :D

It's a bloody brilliant film, you've got to watch it! Jurassic Park was the first kind-of remake, I'm hoping that this remake-proper will be as good as the film... it had better be... :)

It was way ahead of its time in some ways, the first film to use digital image processing (you'll see it, it's not great) and a good treatment of an early computer "virus" story.

The worlds are Wild West World, Medieval World and Roman World (where the adult stuff happens).
It was far ahead of it's time, as no one at the time really appreciated it, because it had never even been heard of. A real life western simulation in the 70s? that would be pretty farfetched for that time. But in modern days, it actually makes sense that something like that would possibly happen.

It was far ahead of it's time, as no one at the time really appreciated it, because it had never even been heard of.

Nonsense. You should read some Asimov, Wells or Clarke to see what kind of fayre readers and filmgoers were used to many many years before that.

A real life western simulation in the 70s? that would be pretty farfetched for that time. But in modern days, it actually makes sense that something like that would possibly happen.

Get out of town. Kids today, I dunno. It would probably blow your mind to know that War of The Worlds By Tom Cruise is from '97. That's 1897.

Nonsense. You should read some Asimov, Wells or Clarke to see what kind of fayre readers and filmgoers were used to many many years before that.

Get out of town. Kids today, I dunno. It would probably blow your mind to know that War of The Worlds By Tom Cruise is from '97. That's 1897.
Yeah the war of the worlds was based in a time long before ours, it's amazing to see what past generations have come up with in terms of ideas for an alternate society. Quite honestly I would definitely read a graphic novel for West World, it would be amazing to see it illustrated too. I just can't wait til sunday though, because I want to know further what happens lol. I've been more into this than the walking dead recently.

Everyone caught up?

This show is starting to kick in to some serious plot lines.
Who else here thinks William is the guy in black several decades in the past, there is definitely multiple timelines happening that they are trying to hide

Everyone caught up?

This show is starting to kick in to some serious plot lines.
Who else here thinks William is the guy in black several decades in the past, there is definitely multiple timelines happening that they are trying to hide

Yep, thought the last episode was a bit of a let down as for
the MIB = William theory, it's pretty much a given a this point, with the whole different logos, and the scene where he picks his hat it was likely, last episode they pretty much confirmed it so I really hope it doesn't turn out to be true. The Maeve storyline annoyed me just how convenient things are for her to gain all that power.

Yeah, I suspected that about Bernard ever since they started showing that room a few episodes back yet no where else.

This show is making me start to realise that everyone could be a host now atleast from the future time line.

and Arnold has very likely got a big hand in things that are yet to materialize.

Also anyone notice that in basically every episode there are little static cuts as if like your watching the show from a perspective of a TV or host or something, it's happened far too many times to be a coincidence now

Last edited:
What a finale to a great first season, gutted we are in for a long wait for season 2 but loved season 1.

I have one major gripe though...
Those armed "QA" guys who wouldn't shoot first. They're up against what are essentially Terminators FFS!

DK
I have one major gripe though...
Those armed "QA" guys who wouldn't shoot first. They're up against what are essentially Terminators FFS!

Felt the same, but it's a minor gripe.

Really enjoyed the show, even though I'm sure I didn't understand half of what was going on.. Anthony Hopkins was brilliant as usual.

I liked that they showed a little peak into different 'worlds', with the Samurai world.

I watched and enjoyed it. Robots gaining consciousness can allow some pretty creative writing.

Just binge watched this over the course of a week. Holy 🤬 balls, what a brilliant series. The deeper themes are like a chilled glass of water to slake the thirst of a traveller lost in a desert of mindless dross on telly.

Well time flies :lol:

Season 2 got off to a decent start. Only two timelines which makes it easier to follow (for now). Some interesting theories already developing. Can't wait to see how it all unfolds.

I started watching this with friends at college and I absolutely love it!! The season 3 trailer was just released the other day

Ok so I've seen the first 2 episodes, and wasn't super hooked before my HBO subscription ran out (following game of thrones). I do have a very serious question though which will determine whether I can get into this show...

How the heck do the guns work? I'm gonna put the rest in spoiler tags
So the guests can shoot the hosts no problem. And the hosts can shoot the other hosts. So far it seems like they all have real guns. And the hosts can't shoot the guests. Ok that's confusing because the bullets have to like not exist? Or the gun has to be configured to shoot a non-existent round? Or the guests have some sort of pre-built-in charge that goes off? That last one doesn't make sense. Anyway presumably there's some kind of explanation for this but I feel like the entire show hinges on it, because otherwise nothing makes sense.

If the guests have normal guns and the hosts have special guns, (which the show seemed to be slightly hinting at) well that doesn't make any sense at all because otherwise the guests would unknowingly murder each other.

So I need a solid explanation for how this works before i'm going to be willing to commit any further time or money to watching.

Thanks in advance.

Back