• 51 comments

Stephan

Still progressing........
Premium
Philippines
Manila
Filracer
Dear Mr. Yamauchi,

I was wondering that, will you ever make a HD versions of GT1-GT4, with all 4 of them remade, bugs and glitches fixed, all secret cars now playable in the full game and intro remakes. But also add the cut cars like the CLK GTR from GT2, etc. So Kaz, will you ever make a HD versions of GT1-4?

PLEASE!!!! I will BEG!

Or, at least, bring all the tracks to the current game and create the challenges from EVERY PD game! (Cars and motorcycles from PS1,2, PSP, etc. Even the prologues and demos!)

This is something I would GLADLY pay for a DLC of!!!! I don't even care if it's $20 or more for each one! (Though $60 would be rather silly, since we already have the game... ;) )

Originally I thought that this would be a good idea, but then wondered what would the point of this be? Surely it will be better to add the missing features to the latest GT game?
If you bring back the old tracks and cars, and add an event creator tool, then I'm not sure what else would be missing?

Last edited:
Originally I thought that this would be a good idea, but then wondered what would the point of this be? Surely it will be better to add the missing features to the latest GT game?
If you bring back the old tracks and cars, and add an event creator tool, then I'm not what else would be missing?
I understand that the current GT lacks content I know but what about those who weren't able to play the older GTs. But still this could bring back to playing GT.

That would be a lot of work for an already undersized team. Although I would like a GT1+2 pack, 1080p/60fps with unlocked draw distance and an immense dolloping of AA. Just don't change the soundtrack!
And bring the CLK GTR to GT2

In all reality, if they remade all of the tracks (which would take up a fair amount of space), the events section would probably be under 1 Gig, if not under 100 Meg if they created them for/within GT6.

In all reality, if they remade all of the tracks (which would take up a fair amount of space), the events section would probably be under 1 Gig, if not under 100 Meg if they created them for/within GT6.
I have a feeling that the event files are much smaller than you think, even in GT6 theres no reason for them to be any more complicated than a few paragraphs of code with requirements for entry (whitelist of allowed cars), AI cars, description, number of laps and a picture tile. Tiny! The things taking up all the space in most games are, in order:
Big video files
Big audio files (way bigger than the video files if left uncompressed)
Textures
Big fancy high-poly models
Everything else

Last edited:
While this is an intriguing idea, I'd rather something like this be made after GT7 is finished, as in with all planned content and features.

Plus I agree that I'd rather see the cars, tracks and events be made part of GT7 itself.

Just imagine the amount of time it would take... :embarrassed:

I still think it's an interesting idea. Never thought of remaking Gran Turismo into HD to be honest 👍

Now imagine another thing - driving through improved Seattle, New York or Hong Kong! :D

If they want to do a graphical revamp of the old games, they would need to do the following:
  • All cars upgraded to at least semi-premium (GT6 RUF or R390) quality. Premium cars could possibly be added in place of existing cars, too.
  • All tracks would need to have their textures and models reworked. Existing higher-detail tracks from GT6 could be used.
  • Menus smoothed and increased to higher resolution, which is probably the easiest thing to do.
  • Aaaaand... that's it, right?
The good thing about this is the semi-premium cars would be able to be ported forward. Same goes for the tracks. I don't know about you, but I am more than happy with cars with the level of detail similar to the R390 being brought to GT7.

If it does take a lot of time to make an HD Collection, did Metal Gear HD Collection took a lot of time to be made?

But that's the thing.... If they added the old tracks, they could just create new challenges without a big deal to go with them. Heck, it could be part of the DLC content when you buy the track!

If it does take a lot of time to make an HD Collection, did Metal Gear HD Collection took a lot of time to be made?
Metal Gear HD Collection probably took around a year to make, maybe more, maybe less, but nearly everything was left unchanged, the only changes (besides PW's control scheme) were:
  • Increase of native resolution and framerate to 720p60
  • Anti-Aliasing
  • Smoothed out some textures
  • Code ported to PS3 and 360
It was, like all HD collection games have been, a remaster, rather than a complete remake from scratch like what NOSWaster wants to do...
  • All cars upgraded to at least semi-premium (GT6 RUF or R390) quality. Premium cars could possibly be added in place of existing cars, too.
  • All tracks would need to have their textures and models reworked. Existing higher-detail tracks from GT6 could be used.
  • Menus smoothed and increased to higher resolution, which is probably the easiest thing to do.
  • Aaaaand... that's it, right?
That would take AGES, it would mean a complete re-model and remake like Tony Hawks Pro Skater HD, which made sense in that case as it was made by a different studio. But what would the point be in remodelling all of the cars and tracks to a standard already left in the past? It wouldn't even be the same game any more. For a re-release of GT1-4, I would suggest this:
  • Resolution and framerate increased to 1080p60
  • Leave the car and track models alone, these are classic games from a decade past, let's leave the tracks alone, they're museum pieces. (That said, I think everybody wants to see the old tracks updated and returning for future games)
  • Increased draw-distance (for GT2 :P)
  • Maybe online mode? I'm not sure, perhaps just for GT3 and 4 in place of i.Link and supplementing LAN mode

That would take AGES, it would mean a complete re-model and remake like Tony Hawks Pro Skater HD, which made sense in that case as it was made by a different studio. But what would the point be in remodelling all of the cars and tracks to a standard already left in the past? It wouldn't even be the same game any more. For a re-release of GT1-4, I would suggest this:
  • Resolution and framerate increased to 1080p60
  • Leave the car and track models alone, these are classic games from a decade past, let's leave the tracks alone, they're museum pieces. (That said, I think everybody wants to see the old tracks updated and returning for future games)
  • Increased draw-distance (for GT2 :P)
  • Maybe online mode? I'm not sure, perhaps just for GT3 and 4 in place of i.Link and supplementing LAN mode
That seems to be a bit more reasonable. :P

@SnakeOfBacon that's what i'm talking about. They just need to change these things:
GT1:
-The Mazda Roadster RS and the Corvette exclusively for Arcade Mode must be added also in Sim Mode.
-The NSX GT1 Turbo and the cutted NSX LM Edition must be added also.
-The Plymouth Prowler should be added too.
-The whole game must be High Res Mode.
-The Home Garage should be added in choosing cars in Arcade Mode.

GT2
-CLK GTR, CLK Touring Car, Kaz's Lancer Rally Car are now available.
-Ferrari, Lamborghini are now featured in West City.
-Missing tracks like SSR11 is now available.
-Rome-Night is now used in GT League and Special Events.
-The Garage Bug is now fixed
- In Arcade Mode, R-Class is been added in car selection. R-Class is a class featuring race cars.
- Records in Time Trial has been improved.

GT3
NOMAD Diablo, Stratos, and 911 GT3 is added.
- More cars are added.
- Replace the Test Course races.
-

@FilipinoGTUser1
So, essentially, what you actually want is to play GT1-4 in HD with a Gameshark to get you the cut/hidden cars, but in a way that you can discuss while obeying the AUP. :odd::sly::rolleyes:
Also, the GT2 Garage glitch was fixed years ago, all discs produced after a certain date have the bug fixed. (I'm not exactly sure when this print started, but for example the PAL Platinum release is definitely safe)

@FilipinoGTUser1
So, essentially, what you actually want is to play GT1-4 in HD with a Gameshark to get you the cut/hidden cars, but in a way that you can discuss while obeying the AUP. :odd::sly::rolleyes:
Also, the GT2 Garage glitch was fixed years ago, all discs produced after a certain date have the bug fixed. (I'm not exactly sure when this print started, but for example the PAL Platinum release is definitely safe)
Not really, I mean not only we want cars to be in the collection, also like what you suggested, it should implemented like what MGS HD Collection did. Better res, glitches fixed, etc.

I have a feeling that the event files are much smaller than you think, even in GT6 theres no reason for them to be any more complicated than a few paragraphs of code with requirements for entry (whitelist of allowed cars), AI cars, description, number of laps and a picture tile. Tiny! The things taking up all the space in most games are, in order:
Big video files
Big audio files (way bigger than the video files if left uncompressed)
Textures
Big fancy high-poly models
Everything else

I don't think there's any worry of high quality audio files taking up too much space in a GT game. :sly:

Childish joking aside (not to be taken seriously), I've always assumed that nothing technical would the biggest obstacle to re-released GT games, but licensing (how on earth would one go about acquiring the rights for defunct manufacturers such as Vector?) If that's the case, I'm not sure how I would feel about a cut-down GT game if licensing issues required that.

That being said, I would particularly like GT1 to be made available for PS Vita, even if something had to change a little for licensing requirements (although there were only original PD-designed tracks and "mainstream" manufacturers in GT1, so surely that would be fairly easy to release).

See, I feel that there are few good Vita racing games, I don't think a true Vita GT game is on its way any time soon, and I take issue with the idea of the PS Store selling "PS1 Classics" when arguably the best, most revolutionary and most technically impressive game made for the console is not available!

I don't think there's any worry of high quality audio files taking up too much space in a GT game. :sly:
:rolleyes:, they're high quality alright (bit depth) but they just don't sound as 'vroomy' as people want them to, unfortunately.
I've always assumed that nothing technical would the biggest obstacle to re-released GT games, but licensing (how on earth would one go about acquiring the rights for defunct manufacturers such as Vector?)
Vector is actually not as defunct as you think, thankfully, and I'm pretty sure the rights to the cars have gone back to their rightful owner, so there probably wouldn't be any corporate faffing-about required.

Latest Posts

Back