HD Collection of GT1-4

• Thread starter Stephan
  • 51 comments
What about Venturi and Tommykaira?

I would assume TommyKaira is fine because they're in GT6 - the rights are still able to be obtained from whoever owns them, so I would imagine they could be put into a re-released classic GT game.

I don't know if Venturi are completely dead, I heard a while ago they had made a concept for an electric car or something. I do wonder if the disappearance of the Ginetta G4 and Jensen Interceptor are to do with licensing, suggesting it might not always be as clear-cut as might be assumed (I'm pretty sure Ginetta still exist).

I'm not arguing for a complete remake. This is a racing game. Give me the tracks (as they were in shape with updated graphics, or (maybe) updated to a new vision for layout).

Then, all that would have to be done would be to generate the events, like we have for seasonals. THAT part would be the easy part.

I would like to play all of the CHALLENGES from GT 1-5 in GT 6 and/or 7.

In my opinon, while re-released editions or a collection could happen for PS3/4 and I'd probably buy it, don't expect it. But they should keep the old physics/graphics in the games so we can see/feel/hear the progression.

As for an HD remake of above... haha they can't barely even get GT6 to look HD beyond the car models.

Add remodeled cars/tracks as they come to GT6/7 and leave the old games as is.

I agree, they should make an All GT HD Collection...

@SnakeOfBacon that's what i'm talking about. They just need to change these things:
GT1:
-The Mazda Roadster RS and the Corvette exclusively for Arcade Mode must be added also in Sim Mode.
-The NSX GT1 Turbo and the cutted NSX LM Edition must be added also.
-The Plymouth Prowler should be added too.
-The whole game must be High Res Mode.
-The Home Garage should be added in choosing cars in Arcade Mode.

GT2
-CLK GTR, CLK Touring Car, Kaz's Lancer Rally Car are now available.
-Ferrari, Lamborghini are now featured in West City.
-Missing tracks like SSR11 is now available.
-Rome-Night is now used in GT League and Special Events.
-The Garage Bug is now fixed
- In Arcade Mode, R-Class is been added in car selection. R-Class is a class featuring race cars.
- Records in Time Trial has been improved.

GT3
NOMAD Diablo, Stratos, and 911 GT3 is added.
- More cars are added.
- Replace the Test Course races.
-

These suggestions rated above are a must be. I think that we should have an GT collection in GT6 so we can play our old GT games!

Here are my suggestions:
PD needs to change things in following titles:
GT2
No garage limit (Only 100 cars are not enough)
Ability to remove Racing Modify from a car.
Drag Racing mode has been added.

GT4
Lancer Evolution VII Rally Prototype, Toyota Pod, Lancer Evolution VII rally car are added.
More cars are added.
New York, Tokyo and Opera Paris are available for Free Roam Mode.
Grand Canyon Road Version (used in Toyota MTRC demo) and Grand Canyon Short (used in license of Alto Works of GT4 Prologue) are added.
The cars and bikes can race together.
You are selected at 4 prize cars (just like in GT3).
Ability to save car wheels in garage has been added.

GTHD
Subaru Impreza Rally Car'99 is upgraded to premium.
All GT tuned cars are added.

GT5-P

Tourist Trophy
Test Course is added.
All bikes are added.

Gran Turismo 5
Trade cars over 1 million are enabled.
Mutiple cars can be sent each day.
Paint chips won't run out even you paint your cars.

What do you think?

I agree with you because there is things which PD needs to improve in order to have the HD Collection.

I will stick with them giving us ALL of the tracks and cars from previous games, then creating new events we can purchase to run. No need for a whole new game, I like the one we have. Just give me the events! ;)

I agree, they should make an All GT HD Collection...
GTHD
Subaru Impreza Rally Car'99 is upgraded to premium.

GT5-P
All GT tuned cars are

Gran Turismo 5
Trade cars over 1 million are enabled.
Mutiple cars can be sent each day.
Paint chips won't run out even you paint your cars.

What do you think?

What's the point of the games I left in the qoute if they are all in HD.

I'm a bit confused by this thread. Pardon my ignorance but what's the point of having an HD version of previous games. Wouldn't it just be better to incorporate the features (or whatever it is that you are missing from the older games) into a newer GT? If not GT7 than maybe GT8?

I would have to agree. The older games are best enjoyed as they are, if they update them to look and play just like GT6 then they might as well just include the cars and tracks into a new game.

PLEASE!!!! I will BEG!

Or, at least, bring all the tracks to the current game and create the challenges from EVERY PD game! (Cars and motorcycles from PS1,2, PSP, etc. Even the prologues and demos!)

This is something I would GLADLY pay for a DLC of!!!! I don't even care if it's $20 or more for each one! (Though $60 would be rather silly, since we already have the game... ;) )
Well they have the nerve to charge $70AUD for 7million credits, so be careful what you wish for.

True. So, I'll stick with being okay to spend $20-$40 on a FULLY updated set of Cars, Tracks, and Events from each GT. I see no reason to spend over $40 on any one game, even an update, but I also see no reason to spend less than $20 so I will give PD a reason (and cash flow enough) to work on them.

Not sure if it was here but Kaz has said that the data for all GT games before GT4 is gone. So it would be a pain in the arse to reverse engineer these games and that would be rather pointless as it would be better to just take the best mechanics from those games and incorporate them in upcoming full game release. Licensing is another massive hurdle as many car manufacturers either disappeared or are owned by folks who can care less for licensing out their property now. Best PD could do would be to add a program that would take each game and filter them out for cleaner visuals when played on PS3(kind of like Bleemcast did for GT2 on DC, EPIC!)

PD themselves would be drained having to work on something other than the two projects they already have on hand, as we already see they haven't released a complete game all generation. So nah, forget that idea fast. I can't even play my older games with full G25 support so I just don't waste the time, it's mainly for nostalgia and watching cool replays of old races, nothing serious though.

Yes, oh yes. However, it's easier if we had GT1 and GT2 as PS one classics, and GT3 and GT4 as PS2 classics.

True, and I would dearly love that, but if they are going to go through the trouble of making PS2 games PS3 compatible, why not just make them fully new?

I would love a collection of these games, just as they were plus they should add the online feature for GT4.

Last edited:
Back