Head-tracking Capability

  • Thread starter Thread starter Hoodie1878
  • 19 comments
  • 3,237 views
Messages
142
United Kingdom
Derby
Messages
Hoodie1878
Can anyone confirm the following ?

a) Is head-tracking available, why so little coverage?
b) Is it unlocked at a certain level?
c) How far away do you have to sit?

Thanks for your help.
 
a) Is head-tracking available, why so little coverage?
Yes but it doesn't always work for me, not sure why

b) Is it unlocked at a certain level?
No

c) How far away do you have to sit?
Not far at all, I sit pretty close
 
FWIW - GT5 feature list says it only works in cockpit view on premium cars.
 
I've been using it.

It won't work in licence tests or A-Spec race events (well so far for me..)

It does work in an Arcade race though..

To set it up, go to Options->Hardware (where the controllers are), scroll right and at the end is the PS Eye settings.

The defaults for range/angle are far too low (2), set these at 7 or 8 to start with, and the setup screen shows your PS Eye camera output, so you can see if it's working, I set the PS EYE to 'close' by rotating the lens. A small cross appears on your face when it picks it up.

Also, the PS Eye Red LED will illuminate when it's 'active', so you know if the race you are in supports it.
 
I've been using it.

It won't work in licence tests or A-Spec race events (well so far for me..)

It does work in an Arcade race though..

To set it up, go to Options->Hardware (where the controllers are), scroll right and at the end is the PS Eye settings.

The defaults for range/angle are far too low (2), set these at 7 or 8 to start with, and the setup screen shows your PS Eye camera output, so you can see if it's working, I set the PS EYE to 'close' by rotating the lens. A small cross appears on your face when it picks it up.

Also, the PS Eye Red LED will illuminate when it's 'active', so you know if the race you are in supports it.

Thanks for your responses, appreciated as always. Got a camera arriving soon! Do you have it in front or on top of your TV? Ta.
 
Weird that its only enabled for arcade mode, why would they limit it to just that?
 
Weird that its only enabled for arcade mode, why would they limit it to just that?

Chalk it up to more weird Japanese octagonal logic. They don't connect a to b like "people are going to expect ____ to be the same across the board so let's shoot for that" no - they have advanced computer brains which weigh and calculate benefits of perfection and the drawbacks of Playstation hardware against the findings of this one focus group they talked to back in 2007.

I stopped pulling my hair out about crap like this halfway through GT2.
 
I assume you can adjust the tracking sensitivity? Is it easy to calibrate the eye to your liking?
 
Chalk it up to more weird Japanese octagonal logic. They don't connect a to b like "people are going to expect ____ to be the same across the board so let's shoot for that" no - they have advanced computer brains which weigh and calculate benefits of perfection and the drawbacks of Playstation hardware against the findings of this one focus group they talked to back in 2007.

I stopped pulling my hair out about crap like this halfway through GT2.

The best answer :)
 
Okay so you don't have to have a 3d television to use head tracking?
 
Does headtracking work for other views then cockpit?
tnx
 
Okay so you don't have to have a 3d television to use head tracking?
Of course not, you just need the PSEye. It works with all TVs
 
Oh man :(
I bought an eye just for carrer mode. This is stupid no head tracking in carrer mode.
Gosh. I hope they add it with a patch.
 
Oh man :(
I bought an eye just for carrer mode. This is stupid no head tracking in carrer mode.
Gosh. I hope they add it with a patch.

I only did the Beginner A-Spec races, and it wasn't in the first 5 or so of those, I just chose an arcade race to prove it out..

I'll keep checking it out as I level up, perhaps it's one of those level up unlock features that are quite prevalent.

Mind you, as I said, my brain can't handle the panning motion of head tracking and not react as if they car is sliding or something, I don't know if that's just me, but that kind of movement is a strong visual element for me to control a car sliding, so I'm not to fussed about it now..
 
Oh man :(
I bought an eye just for carrer mode. This is stupid no head tracking in carrer mode.
Gosh. I hope they add it with a patch.
Wh...WHAT? :nervous:
 
Go and buy singstar guy's. Works great with that and Christmas is coming it'l impress the Mrs.
 
Seriously what the hell!!! It works only in arcade mode.....and not even in single race with other opponets.

Is it only me or there's like 1 second of lag bewteen my movement and the raction in the cockpit?
 
Also, I have only managed to get it to work at the beginner level within Arcade mode ?

Has anyone managed to get it working in the other two difficulty settings ? Or has anyone managed to get it working in the career mode yet ?

Thanks
 
Back