Head2Head Competition Week 44 - Closed

• Thread starter SlipZtrEm
  • 102 comments
Here's mine, enjoy. :)

Final Entry - Cold

Click for full size.

👍

Edit: I am still not sure if the rain shot is allowed, so I will add the shot without rain just in case. :)

Click for full size.

That's absolutely beautiful Drift2XS! But I am not sure that the rain effect is allowed. If it is, I'm sorry, but I think it's against the rules. But it's an awesome looking shot.👍

That's absolutely beautiful Drift2XS! But I am not sure that the rain effect is allowed. If it is, I'm sorry, but I think it's against the rules. But it's an awesome looking shot.👍
I have to agree on this one, unless he knows a different way, then my rain style.

Yea, that shot is sick shot. I don't think the rain effect falls into these categories though. :yuck:

Photo-editing adjustments allowed:
Brightness/Contrast/Levels
Colour/Saturation adjustments
Cropping/Resizing
Blur/Sharpen adjustments
Smoothing/Smudging adjustments
Dodge/Burn
Noise filters
Gradients
Add Text/Border
Clone Stamp (for watermark removal only)

Yea, that shot is sick shot. I don't think the rain effect falls into these categories though. :yuck:
Unless he had the time to use smudge tool to create little rain lines and then add a layer to blend it in.

it's crazy though!! hey drift, can i have a wallpaper sized one ? that's too bad if it has to go because of the rules.great work anyways.

Thanks for all the great comments guys, really appreciate it. :)

About the rules, you are allowed to use motion blur are you not? I see a lot of entries with it so I am guessing you can. You are allowed to use noise filters, so I don't see any reason for the image to break the rules. The rain is just noise, with motion blur, then I played with the levels and blending/opacity.

I hope it is alright. :D

hey drift, can i have a wallpaper sized one ?

Sure, if you want. What size? 👍

I love the entries so far 👍 👍 . Anyhow, here is my:

Final Entry

(Hot btw :sly: )

viperh2hpreviewvh5.jpg

About the rules, you are allowed to use motion blur are you not? I see a lot of entries with it so I am guessing you can. You are allowed to use noise filters, so I don't see any reason for the image to break the rules. The rain is just noise, with motion blur, then I played with the levels and blending/opacity.
I think the point is you are not allowed to add things to the photo that are not already there. You are allowed to edit your shot not modify it, if that makes sense. Does not say it in the rules but that has been the basic thing all the time. Then again, isn't creating illusion of speed using zoom blur doing just that, adding speed to a shot that does not have it? So there you are. Best leave this to the bosses. :sly:

Very nice shots TVR&Ferrari_Fan and Jacoja! 👍

I think the point is you are not allowed to add things to the photo that are not already there. You are allowed to edit your shot not modify it, if that makes sense. Does not say it in the rules but that has been the basic thing all the time. Then again, isn't creating illusion of speed using zoom blur doing just that, adding speed to a shot that does not have it? So there you are. Best leave this to the bosses. :sly:

I get what you mean atlop, guess I'll have to leave it up to Slip whether it can stay or not. :)

I agree, great shots you two. 👍

Thanks for all the great comments guys, really appreciate it. :)

I hope it is alright. :D

Sure, if you want. What size? 👍

1280 x 960 ? thanks dude!! :D i'm stil disappointed it can't enter the comp. oh well, maybe someday on the ps competition :D

1280 x 960 ? thanks dude!! :D i'm stil disappointed it can't enter the comp. oh well, maybe someday on the ps competition :D

I'll get that to you in the next few days. :)

I am going to wait and see what Slip says about my entry. Hope I can keep it entered. :D

Hmmmm.. It's a nice edit but the rain has been added, as has the reflection on the road. So he has added two things which weren't there. It's not really up to me though.

The reflection is also a bit strange. The car should reflect at an equal distance all the way along from the front to the back. Your reflection drops down because it's just been flipped. If you see what I mean.

TBH it would be a very good shot without the rain or reflections in it anyway! I'm going to have a VERY difficult time picking the entries to go into the poll on this one.

Thanks atlop 👍

I love your entry Bee, but it's a shame the picture is so small.
It really feels as though I could just reach out and touch the car... such a nice effect.

Thanks a lot atlop.

Thanks atlop 👍

I love your entry Bee, but it's a shame the picture is so small.
It really feels as though I could just reach out and touch the car... such a nice effect.

Yeah I resized it for my gallery without thinking about entering it in comps! :ouch: I'll see if I still have the full size image anywhere. ;)

Thanks anyway.
:D

I love the entries so far 👍 👍 . Anyhow, here is my:

Final Entry

(Hot btw :sly: )

viperh2hpreviewvh5.jpg

Omg jacoja, sick entry 👍
Same car as mine, but i don't think my pic is simply in the same class as yours:guilty:

Final Entry

I'm not too happy with the way this turned out, its a bit rough :crazy: I might give it another try if I get time

Thanks Rayquaza :)

I'm not too happy with the way this turned out, its a bit rough :crazy: I might give it another try if I get time

That's the exact effect I was hoping to achieve with my photo (glowing disk brakes), but I just couldnt get them hot enough with the Viper Concept. Great entry though, I love it.

Back