Head2Head Competition wk58 - Closed

TVR&FF, thanks for absolutely killing my entry ;)

@ LdS, I think he was saying that it's ok to point out something wrong, as long as its not mean or condescending. In reading it I don't think it was aimed at you specifically, people just say "you" as a general term for a population. Unless of course I'm wrong in this case and tupac meant that towards you,:dopey: but I doubt it.

good to see TVR&FF entering the competitions. i can't remember the last time he did since my first photomode tournament.

TVR: that's a great shot.

Please, tell me where I’ve been a jackass.

First I was saying that ceiling_fan entry was already submitted in another competition in a funny way (note the smiley)

Second, I was explaining to you, why reworking on a image and resubmitting it, would not be fair.
Seems like I can't go anywhere without pissing someone off these days. from IRL to here. first NTX, now you. both times for saying something that wasn't meant to be offensive....
Swiss basically nailed it. infact, I was actually encouraging you to keep on correcting people about the rules, because you said you felt kinda bad for being the "photomode police". Well, i don't think that's wrong at all. as long as you're not being a real douchetwad about it and telling people off and such, I think it's good for someone to stand up and say "uhhh....that's wrong man".

Hell, you've done it to me when i wasn't following the rules (because i misunderstood) and I didn't mind. i don't wanna break the rules of a comp, it's in bad taste. the only thing I recall bucking at was why George Paris wasn't allowed in the PMC 164 Tarmac thing, and i genuinely didn't understand why.

Hope I didn't offend ya too bad. it wasn't meant to be taken the way ya took it. I know I can be harsh sometimes, and I know that I generally don't sugarcoat what i think, so it comes off as mean spirited.

LdS
Please, tell me where I’ve been a jackass.

I think you misunderstood him LdS, he never meant that you have been a jackass. He meant that you should continue to not be one. 👍
I think you may have got confused by the way the sentence is constructed (If you're from Portugal I'm guessing Englush isn't your first language?)

EDIT: TVR&FF, that is an awesome entry. Simple, but very clean and very effective.

Thumbs up Jamie, your McLaren capture is a good shot. Simple and effective. 👍

Well, this has been a very busy first week for the H2H :lol:

Anyway, if anybody wants to get something in, you've got untill tonight. My deadlines are 4 PM GMT +1 strictly, just to let you guys know, but since I'll be out today, I'm going to close it tonight 👍

Seems like I can't go anywhere without pissing someone off these days. from IRL to here. first NTX, now you. both times for saying something that wasn't meant to be offensive....
Swiss basically nailed it. infact, I was actually encouraging you to keep on correcting people about the rules, because you said you felt kinda bad for being the "photomode police". Well, i don't think that's wrong at all. as long as you're not being a real douchetwad about it and telling people off and such, I think it's good for someone to stand up and say "uhhh....that's wrong man".

Hell, you've done it to me when i wasn't following the rules (because i misunderstood) and I didn't mind. i don't wanna break the rules of a comp, it's in bad taste. the only thing I recall bucking at was why George Paris wasn't allowed in the PMC 164 Tarmac thing, and i genuinely didn't understand why.

Hope I didn't offend ya too bad. it wasn't meant to be taken the way ya took it. I know I can be harsh sometimes, and I know that I generally don't sugarcoat what i think, so it comes off as mean spirited.

Ups, sorry for my misunderstanding. Well, being that English is not my primary language I sometimes misunderstand things. Sorry again :)

Anyway, if anybody wants to get something in, you've got untill tonight. My deadlines are 4 PM GMT +1 strictly, just to let you guys know, but since I'll be out today, I'm going to close it tonight 👍

Hmm, let’s see if I can cook something, today I woke up in the mood for photomode and photoshop, not sure, though, if I can get something, so don’t wait for me.

Edit:
Final Entry

Black

Last edited:
TVR&Ferrari_Fan, very solid entry 👍 I like it :).. And LdS, your car isn't bad either, but it could've been more sharp, in my opinion.. 👍

LdS, is that meant to look like a low ISO shot as it's in the tunnel? It works well for that effect, but I'm not so sure it should have had quite that much noise. It overpowers the image a little bit for me.

I was working on a white shot, but seeing so many white shots I decided not to enter it. Didn't have time so I'll throw in this old shot. Would of liked to spend some time fixing it up but oh well. Here is my...

Final Entry

Click for full size.

👍​

Great week this has been guys, a :cheers: to us all 👍

And on that bombshell, week 58 closed!

Back