Head2Head Competition wk58 - Closed

Not to..umm...complain..or...rain on anyones parade...but isn't the Cadillac silver, not black?

Sounds like a gray area to me. Heh. I made a funny!

I didn't notice that before 👍

I'm sorry, but you'll have to change your entry ceiling_fan :ouch:

It was some sort of a cheat to desaturate a silver car into a black car, but I don't blame you. There are many cars that look great in black. I could even go as far as to say black is much better than white.

Motul on a Toyota? :odd: Be a real Toyota guy and go with TRD or TOM's :D

Seems like everybody's going white, so I'm going black :P

FINAL ENTRY BLACK

Last edited:
great stuff from jg and Bram. We can add stuff to the cars? (supra) Carbon fiber? the rear lights on the supra look different than normal.

Sounds like a gray area to me. Heh. I made a funny!

:dopey:

I didn't notice that before 👍

I'm sorry, but you'll have to change your entry ceiling_fan :ouch:

It was some sort of a cheat to desaturate a silver car into a black car, but I don't blame you.

So is my entry DQ'd? In the game the Cien is only available in silver, so I used photoshop to blackify it. Which means the final entry was a black car. Then again, while the car is now black, the theme said take a pic of a Black or White car, but the car was silver when I took the picture. I'm so difficult :P

Your call Bram, I just need to know if I'll have to cook something else up.

But the final entry was a black car... *head asplodes*

The theme states black or white as the cars are colored in-game, so yeah, you'll have to cook up something else 👍

We can add stuff to the cars? (supra) Carbon fiber? the rear lights on the supra look different than normal.

The problem is that I used a carbon fibre filter as well on my lime NSX in the 2.0 competition ago. The tools used to do are allowed; it's just a custom pattern pasted in onto the car, and some small adjustments to the levels.

I think it's best for everybody to be stricter on the rules in the H2H to avoid confusion as in the 2.0 comp; that means no parts added, no parts deleted at all. Just good ol' fasion 2.0 editing. Pasting in rims from a photomode shot can also be discussed.

I'm forced to disqualify the current entries of Jgda and ceiling_fan, sorry guys :indiff:

Last edited:
I'm forced to disqualify the current entries of Jgda and ceiling_fan, sorry guys :indiff:

Is your car black or blue Bram. It appears to be a blue Viper on my screen. While I'm at it, SweetShop's car looks green to me. Whereas cf's actually looks black.

Is your car black or blue Bram. It appears to be a blue Viper on my screen. While I'm at it, SweetShop's car looks green to me.
I was thinking the same about Brams, it appears Blue to me. But my car is most definately white, I don't think the golf comes in green, if proof is needed just look at the set in my gallery.

The Viper doesn't come in blue in-game ;) It comes only in black, red or gray, go figure what color mine is :P

Sweetshop's Golf might seem green, but it's white. It's just due to the levelling and hue that the car appears more green 👍

I don't want to start a fight or anything but....
This is a photo competition and both photos look neither black nor white.

If you show me a picture from across the other side of the world and tell me it's a black car even though I look at the picture and see, say a, blue car then all I have is your word for it. Tell me it's not produced in that colour and I still won't go against what I see.

All's I'm saying is that CF's entry looks black or appears black in any case and your entry's don't. I don't see why you should single out his shot.

But however you are the rule master. I can see how CF's shot is against the rules but making your cars appear green and blue in a black and white comp doesn't seem fair either.

This is a photo competition and both photos look neither black nor white.

If you show me a picture from across the other side of the world and tell me it's a black car even though I look at the picture and see, say a, blue car then all I have is your word for it. Tell me it's not produced in that colour and I still won't go against what I see.

All's I'm saying is that CF's entry looks black or appears black in any case and your entry's don't. I don't see why you should single out his shot.

But however you are the rule master. I can see how CF's shot is against the rules but making your cars appear green and blue in a black and white comp doesn't seem fair either.

First of all, if you don't see that my car is black, then you really should see a doctor... Can you really not see that my car is black?

The only thing "blue" you are seeing are the blue-ish reflections on the car. Apart form that, this is a black car.

Second, I ruled out ceiling_fan's entry because his car is neither black or white in-game. As I said, cars must be black or white in-game. Ceiling's car was silver, and he tunred it black delibirately, which is not the point. The point was to enter shots of cars that are either black or white in the game. Is this really so hard to understand? Both I and Sweetshopunion have a coloured hue to our image, but it does not affect the whole car, you clearly can see what colour the car is. We did not meant to give the car a different hue, it just happens when editing the levels. I really think you shouldn't start an attack upon us just because one of the many reflections appear in a different colour.

Third but not least: Are you trying to say that I am exclusing other entries just to make more chance for a win myself? :rolleyes:

First: Sweetshop also said it appear blue. The unedited shot looks black
was thinking the same about Brams, it appears Blue to me.
Second: I never started an attack.
Third: I never said that.

I can see quite a strong blue on the roof of yours bram but as you said with editing it will appear that way. In theory you could make the vehicle seem any colour from a black or a white car just by changing the hue and levels.

I can see black on that Viper but it looks like a shadow in terms with the composition of the rest of the image.

Bram's right, as you can see in the unedited shot, it's black. Whatever above it (sky maybe?...) is dark blue.

And I'm totally fine with my entry being DQ'd as the source image was not of a black or white car. Regarding white balance, the polls should determine if those count. If people think "That's against the rules" they won't vote for it.

I'll have a new entry tomorrow when I find my USB stick.

I know Jg entry is invalid, but sure looks awesome!!! The amount of detail is :drool:

I´m also enjoying your entry Bram, very solid, and very fancy!! And yes, its black :)

bram's entry is most certainly valid. I think some of you guys have weird settings on your monitor, because both Bram's and sweet's cars look black and friggin white respectively on my good ole CRT monitor.

I've seen stuff on poorly set LCD's, and it's not pretty.

I'm still plucking away on mine. it's not going well,, but i'm a tryin.

EDIT:
The tryin paid off. through some painstaking work which resulted in something slightly better than the original, here's my:
FINAL ENTRY:

Hope it does well. spent some amount of time on it. Nothing special. just a little cleaning, some levels work, and some background/foreground blurrage.

Last edited:
Back