Headset Hook-Up PS4

• Thread starter Scuba1958
  • 11 comments
United States
Ocala, Florida
Scuba1958
Stupid question time, I use a CSL Elite wheel. I want to get a headset. Everywhere I look, it says just to plug the headset into the PS4 controller. What do you do if you don't use a controller to race?

Stupid question time, I use a CSL Elite wheel. I want to get a headset. Everywhere I look, it says just to plug the headset into the PS4 controller. What do you do if you don't use a controller to race?

Get a set with a USB plug that goes directly into the PS4, or a wireless headset. 👍

Thank you, gentlemen. Knew it had to be something simple

Controller if its 3.5mm wired or get a USB headset like the ps gold.

If your PS4 has optical audio output (OG and Pro have it not slim) you can do it a complicated way I did this for a bit.. gets amazing sound quality if you have high end headphones..

Use optical audio to RCA converter and get a headphone amp.

I want to get on chats. But also want to listen to my tunes. So I usually decline chat invitations.

ATM I have game sound through earplugs out from the TV. And a pair of over ear headphones playing music from my phone. Yes, it does look stupid.

When I chat I use the single earbud that came with the PS out from the DS4, I use the over the ear headphones for game sound. And a single earplug for music from the phone.

I like listening on my phone/separate device, easy to see what's playing and to control. I guess I could transfer music to a USB thumb. Or not listen to music when chatting. Or continue not chatting.

I want to get on chats. But also want to listen to my tunes. So I usually decline chat invitations.

ATM I have game sound through earplugs out from the TV. And a pair of over ear headphones playing music from my phone. Yes, it does look stupid.

When I chat I use the single earbud that came with the PS out from the DS4, I use the over the ear headphones for game sound. And a single earplug for music from the phone.

I like listening on my phone/separate device, easy to see what's playing and to control. I guess I could transfer music to a USB thumb. Or not listen to music when chatting. Or continue not chatting.

If you have the Spotify premium app, you can link it to your PS4, and play music in game(it cancels out the game music), while still controlling the music from your phone, but only using one set of headphones. :)

I use a 3.5mm to 3.5mm cable running from my phone to a MillSO Headphone Splitter plugged into my ds4 piping music in to my headset. This way i have game sound and music in my headset but i have not tried chat yet.

Controller if its 3.5mm wired or get a USB headset like the ps gold.

If your PS4 has optical audio output (OG and Pro have it not slim) you can do it a complicated way I did this for a bit.. gets amazing sound quality if you have high end headphones..

I just ordered an optical to RCA earlier to use with a basic mixer and HD-25’s I already have. I’m looking forward to it as the sound using my monitor seems pretty poor!

I use the Turtle Beach stealth 700. It uses the optical output which plugs into a USB bluetooth dongle. I have the game sound, chat and it bluetooths to my phone for music or phone calls all at the same time.

Wow. I can’t believe how much difference the optical to rca Adapter made!!! You know it’s good when you can notice the difference in the menu music when not really paying attention.

Exhaust crackle from other cars is so raw and overall just so much detail, and well I think my biggest problem is making sure I don’t turn up the volume too high!!

(this is the one I got by the way) https://addictedtoaudio.com.au/products/fiio-d03k-digital-to-analog-converter)

Back