Height Maps from the APK

• Thread starter Outspacer
  • 217 comments
Now try it in a Tomahawk X. Hilarity ensues.

Just tried this. I think it's the first time I got to the Moon without the Lunar Rover :D

Then I tried an arcade race with all Tomahawks. The AI braked before both jumps. Booo.... :grumpy:

That looks like a great way to get aerial photos. In the replay just before the car hits the ramp.

So I've discovered that changing the heightmap in Eifel Flat is possible - but it wont allow you to 'complete' after image import/set track width, leading me to believe that it needs to be flat to import an image. Still investigating. :cool:

How do you switch out the heightmap out? I can't find any methods here. :nervous:

There aren't any that I am aware of Kaza, I've only just started trying to learn a little bit about game dev/modding (it confuses the hell out of me at times :lol:) so I don't think I should even attempt it, but if I can implement a fairly straightforward method I will share it naturally.
After all, I wouldn't have learnt anything at all if not for the knowledge shared here :gtpflag:

New Track on my share "Rollercoaster", 7km Elevation Change.
Not all at once like the Devils Elbow though. :ill:
An APK to create your own massive hill climbs on the way. :cheers:

https://www.gran-turismo.com/ie/gt6/user/#!/friend/PR1VATEJ0KER/course/

Interesting experience. During the ascent the rear view mirror got this weird Space Odyssey pattern :lol:

I also stopped near the peak to see how much non-downforce grip I had, it was not a lot! Reminded me a little of the NASA gravity simulations, where they simulated moon gravity by letting a man walk along a nearly vertical wall.

The descent had to be done with full brakes and throttle (to keep the tyres pushed to the road). Very shaky!

New Track on my share "Rollercoaster", 7km Elevation Change. Also "K1" (1km Elevation Change)

Mother of god... I was on this track earlier today and every ascend my thoughts were "Wow! This is steap" and then an even steeper section would load up then another! Amazing job Private Joker, I even managed to roll my Tomahawk X at the very peak... Rolled down for a minute and a half and reached 500kmh in the process.

Just tried to recreate the 96hrs of hell track, started at Route X but only got as far as Spa before I run out of anchor's :(
Screenshot_2015-12-07-19-19-27.png

Gotta get rid of this silly 100 max limit :(
Saying that it probably would've crashed anyway, I was at 34.000 metres with a long long way to go :)

Just tried to recreate the 96hrs of hell track, started at Route X but only got as far as Spa before I run out of anchor's :(
View attachment 489447
Saying that it probably would've crashed anyway, I was at 34.000 metres with a long long way to go :)

I think someone said before the game crashes with > 100 anchors ???

I think someone said before the game crashes with > 100 anchors ???

To remove the anchor error, you need to modify the GetSegmentRemains() (or something like that) function. But the Editor will crash if you have more anchors because there is an array of segments with pre-defined size of 0x65 (101). So you will need to modify that aswell in order to keep the editor functioning. Tested with 0x650 and it still works.

14628d947e731445f6d76aada4d0bfc7.jpg

I guess now after the 10km length + anchor limit, the next error you will face is going to be the "A mesh may not have more than 65000 vertices." and I don't think you can bypass that because it's not PD:s limit.

The above track has 18892 Vertices.
b37f90fdc21ae982434630b96feef662.png

To remove the anchor error, you need to modify the GetSegmentRemains() (or something like that) function. But the Editor will crash if you have more anchors because there is an array of segments with pre-defined size of 0x65 (101). So you will need to modify that aswell in order to keep the editor functioning. Tested with 0x650 and it still works.

14628d947e731445f6d76aada4d0bfc7.jpg

I guess now after the 10km length + anchor limit, the next error you will face is going to be the "A mesh may not have more than 65000 vertices." and I don't think you can bypass that because it's not PD:s limit.

The above track has 18892 Vertices.
b37f90fdc21ae982434630b96feef662.png

Isle of Man TT :)
You gotta send that my way when your finished @Razerman :)
Tried & failed sooooo many times to recreate what is simply the best & most dangerous track known to man :)

New Track on my share "Rollercoaster", 7km Elevation Change. Also "K1" (1km Elevation Change)

Mate, those tracks are awesome :lol: I used the Tomahawk X, went up the hill, turned around (pretty difficult to do with the low grip!) and got 885 km/h on my downhill run :lol: If the stretch is a tad longer and higher I might just max out 999 km/h *wink wink nudge nudge* ;)

Also, could you copy paste Rollercoaster to the other 3 themes? I'd like to see the whole area from the air as well 👍

Maybe scale down the track? It can't fit in the allowed area there anyway.

Last edited:
Mate, those tracks are awesome :lol: I used the Tomahawk X, went up the hill, turned around (pretty difficult to do with the low grip!) and got 885 km/h on my downhill run :lol: If the stretch is a tad longer and higher I might just max out 999 km/h *wink wink nudge nudge* ;)

Tuning tip: For the Tom X raise the front, drop the rear, and add 200kg @ -50. It will be harder to turn, so put active steering on strong. There is a point where you leave the track, and that is where you can get some of your fastest speeds. Flying through the air you can get well over the speed of sound (760 mph/1220 km/h). My current record is 814 mph (1310 km/h).

Tuning tip: For the Tom X raise the front, drop the rear, and add 200kg @ -50. It will be harder to turn, so put active steering on strong. There is a point where you leave the track, and that is where you can get some of your fastest speeds. Flying through the air you can get well over the speed of sound (760 mph/1220 km/h). My current record is 814 mph (1310 km/h).

Thanks for the tip, I'll give it a try :D I didn't think of switching units to mph either. I'll try to get max speed grounded while still on the ground though.

I've added an apk to create drastic elevation changes on all themes,
Another to place the home straight wherever you like.
:gtpflag:

:cheers:You Sir, are an absolute LEGEND :bowdown:
I haven't been able to improve on my (apparent) modified Eiffel-Flat theme (or change any others), obviously the app doesn't load the map until after you have set image/home straight which is when it hangs. Need to modify CRC value, but that means DLL's and I haven't the knowledge/experience with these. Won't stop me trying to learn though!
:D

Back