Helmet view

  • Thread starter Thread starter lbsf1
  • 80 comments
  • 10,041 views
I want this as my VR equipment:

simpson-diamondback.jpg


I wont be needing those stupid 3D glasses, or even a TV. I'll just hook it up on my helmet and off I go in GT5. :indiff:đź’ˇ
 
Put on the helmet and you are set. Yet another useless thread. This game needs to hurry up so people aren't so bored making the worst threads to pass the time.
 

That might be a bit much for a street car, but yeah, wow, that's awesome lol. I'd love to have that view!
 
Well...

for me, cockpit view is enough. The view from the helmet would just look all too similar, minus the rotation on the driver's head.
 
This thread should be titled....can GT be more like SHIFT?

I disagree with the helmet being visible idea.

But I would love if the view changed more with acceleration, braking, crashes or violent turns like in Shift, it's a great idea from them.
 
Too SHIFTy - no thanks! :yuck: The "camera shake" trick is getting so old. 👎

I agree. The human vision system has a built-in anti-shake system that works to a good extent. These games take the eyeball shaking waaaaay too far!

That said it would be interesting to see if a good helmet view system can be done well by PD.
:)
 
different camera view are no big problem for GT 5
i personally made my own camera in rfactor and it is really easy
i think if they will read threads like this they weill make more camera views because its really no problem for them
for me its not important i play in cockpit camera or front bumper
 
I think, in a way, overly dynamic cockpits look arcadey.

While overly dynamic cockpits, such as those in Shift, possess a sentiment of unrealism, if those dynamics were captured accurately and portrayed in a realistic manner, I don't see why this would be considered arcadey. Prologue's cockpit view just came across as overly sterile and surreal due to the lack of motion.
 
Helmet cam is abut too low for me.
I like to see over the dashboard.
 
Too SHIFTy - no thanks! :yuck: The "camera shake" trick is getting so old. 👎

I agree the bluring and shaking of the camera is rubbish when you crash you want to get back on track as quick as posiable not wait till the blanket vision ends.

I also cant play it for long as when I crash I keep thinking that its my eyes as they struggle to focus.

Its a shame you cant turn it off............. oh wait you can "XMB bar.....quit game.... Thats better."
 
Last edited:
check out some of the 'helmet cam' footage of the karting. there is head movement to a degree and also a big jolt when you crash
 
I would like more shake or vibration through cockpit view but no blur, no matter how fast a a car is going when your inside and the wind is not hitting your face, you'd still be able to read the speedometer
 
Just use cockpit view, and put on a helmet IRL. you will feel like a racer...
 

THIS is what GT5 is missing!! Maybe not as much, but it really gives you the feeling of being there driving! As it is now, its just like another camera bouncing a bit in the car. It doesnt communicate that "cockpit" feeling..

Awsome!

KAZ TAKE NOTES!! You still have time to implement something like this!! :-)
 
Wait, wait, wait............... did I seriously just read someone wants a helmet cam? I had no idea there would be a desire for this view, you know being that your head is usually a few feet (maybe more) away from the TV, not half in half out of the TV as helmet view would portray
 
I've driven helmet-cam before, on bikes in TDU. Doesn't work.

The view of the track is restricted enough using cockpit view, helmet-cam would only make it worse.
 
Back