Help - Fanatec CSL Elite Load Cell Pedal wiring

• Thread starter Don Glass
  • 10 comments
United States
United States
I tore the RJ12 connector off the wire. I've got spare / blank connectors, crimper, etc. But when I went to determine the wiring using one of the other two pedals, I discovered that the load cell is 4-wire, and the other two are only 3-wire. Can someone pop their plug out and post the wiring? Please keep it in the format of left-to-right when looking at the flat side of the connector (the side without the locking lever). For example, the pic below would be Red, Blank, Blank, Blank, Black, Yellow. A pic of the unterminated load-cell pedal is also included for reference.

Thanks,
Don

Attachments

• thumbnail_IMG_0173.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_0173.jpg
    23.5 KB · Views: 453
  • thumbnail_IMG_0174.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_0174.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 433
might as well add some extra info to this thread for anyone in the future from my dicking around with the CSL Pedal Load cell, the L/C box makes a great base for DIY pedals/handbrake to be used on console when in the fanatec ecosystem :D

Accel/Clutch (0% = 3.3/5v 100% = 0v)

RJ12 - Pedal Wire

1 - Yellow +ve
2 - Black signal
3 - Nc
4 - Nc
5 - Nc
6 - Red GND

Also my google fu points me to this part number for a replacement pot if you need one (any similar 10k linear single turn 15mm D shaft pot will work if it fits in the plastic housing that un screws from the base of the pedal), OEM to my best guess is TT Electronics P160KNP-0FC15B10K

Handbrake cable ( like the Accel/Clutch 0% = 3.3/5v 100% = 0v)

RJ12 pin - 3.5mm plug ( tip - middle - base )

1 - +ve (middle)
2 - Shorted to pin 1
3 - Nc
4 - Nc
5 - Signal (tip)
6 - GND (base)

Last edited:
HI i need pinout from potenciometer 10k to a rj12, for a handbrake with csl élite ps4 wheel base. Anyone know pinout colours from potenciometer to rj12 in?

Too, anyone know pinout from a loadcell amp to rj12.

Thank you friends.

HI i need pinout from potenciometer 10k to a rj12, for a handbrake with csl élite ps4 wheel base. Anyone know pinout colours from potenciometer to rj12

I’m also interested in this, I accidentally crushed my brake (non-LC) cable when moving the pedal, enough that I’ve had to re-join the cable.

Does anyone know if the pedal RJ12 can be easily replaced?

I’m also interested in this, I accidentally crushed my brake (non-LC) cable when moving the pedal, enough that I’ve had to re-join the cable.

Does anyone know if the pedal RJ12 can be easily replaced?

Yes open a support ticket at the official website they will send you a new wire (plug and play). Same thing happened to me I had a new one in a week.

Yes open a support ticket at the official website they will send you a new wire (plug and play). Same thing happened to me I had a new one in a week.
I finally got around to doing this & have a quote for a new cable+potentiometer for about $10...

I have a nicely sized big stupid question.🤣

I am running a thrustmaster tmx with the plastic 2 pedal set on Xbox series x. Recently got a set of FANATEC Csl pedals that are also set up with 2 pedals. Instead of getting a hub of some sort would it be possible to cut and splice the rj12 6 pin cables in the order that the wheel base (tmx) reads? I know that I can just get another set of pedals but I just want to try and make this work. So I know I would need the diagrams for both systems wheel base and csl pedals. And pretty much figure what each wire signals and it the other wire that signals the same thing?

Back