Help for Level 50

• Thread starter morrocoy
  • 79 comments
Italy
Italy
Hi at all, I'm a Italian player and have a question, maybe stupid and not shared, but I try to put it anyway.
Now I miss only the 50 level to reach platinum trophy, I'm at level 43, but the road is still very long even using the KTM to Blue Moon (8250 points for a clear race). Also doing all these races is really boring.
Of course, no one forces me but now it has become my fixed have a platinum trophy of GT Sport.
So I come to the question: in your opinion, if I copy the save file to external HD, uninstall GT Sport, reinstall it offline without updating it, can I exploit the initial bugs to get faster to level 50?
Once conquered the trophy I would reinstall the file previously copied on external HD and I would go back to playing the other modes.

Thanks

I agree with Lebowski, games these days have turned into little speedrun contests for most players. They then complain that there was nothing to the game, that it was rubbish and that they want new content even though they've carelessly blasted through the sizeable amount of content already there.

You don't have to do the Blue Moon race all the while. Choose challenging races that you enjoy and the rewards will soon mount up over time. It is a game after all, not a task.

Still, you asked a question... while you could revert back and exploit those bugs, it might be impossible to save your progress since the saving is done online and only the latest version can access the online features.

I thank everyone for the answers, obviously I did not mean to do anything, I won the three gold trophies online without tricks and without cheating.
The boring thing of level 50 is just that it is very long but the game is nice and I'm not complaining about what's missing, of course I'd like there were other circuits where you can take many experience points in a time similar to Blue Moon.

I thank everyone for the answers, obviously I did not mean to do anything, I won the three gold trophies online without tricks and without cheating.
The boring thing of level 50 is just that it is very long but the game is nice and I'm not complaining about what's missing, of course I'd like there were other circuits where you can take many experience points in a time similar to Blue Moon.
Just enjoy the rest of the game knowing you beat/will beat everything whe you get to LV50.

Approximately I am missing about 1,600,000 points to get to level 50 that would mean doing 200 laps at the Blue Moon without penalty, each with 8,250 points.
Considering to do 3 laps a day it still takes 70 days, 90 to be realistic.

It required a lot of rubber banding while I was away from the PS4 to reach 50 for that trophy.

And each level is progressively higher the further you go.

Just play the game. Why does everything have to be done instantly nowadays? Whatever happened to patience and having a goal? This has actually made me feel angry!!
How much patience do you expect people to have? I’ve played this game for 535 hours (over 22 days worth). I’ve won well over 500 races between between Sport mode and online lobbies. I’ve completed the campaign 100%, and completed all but 2 of the achievements (photos taken and liveries created)....and I just cracked level 43. Do you know that it takes more xp to go from 46-50 than 1-45? So I’m looking at at least 50 solid days of play time before I’m even close? On a game that’s already limited on content? Have at it bud. I’m not dedicating my life to this video game any more than I already did.

It’s even more ridiculous when wins in Sport mode pay out minuscule amounts while that stupid x-bow bull**** at Blue Moon is the only way to gain a decent amount of xp in a reasonable amount of time. Lobbies don’t pay, Sport mode doesn’t pay, and custom races don’t pay. I refuse to do circles around Blue Moon for hours on end, especially since those who have done it said it literally takes hundreds and hundreds of times doing it to get to 50.

Last edited:
How much patience do you expect people to have? I’ve played this game for 535 hours (over 22 days worth). I’ve won well over 500 races between between Sport mode and online lobbies. I’ve completed the campaign 100%, and completed all but 2 of the achievements (photos taken and liveries created)....and I just cracked level 43. Do you know that it takes more xp to go from 46-50 than 1-45? So I’m looking at at least 50 days of play time before I’m even close? Have at it bud. I’m not dedicating my life to this video game.

It’s even more ridiculous when wins in Sport mode pay out minuscule amounts while that stupid x-bow bull**** at Blue Moon is the only way to gain a decent amount of xp in a reasonable amount of time. Lobbies don’t pay, Sport mode doesn’t pay, and custom races don’t pay. I refuse to do circles around Blue Moon for hours on end, especially since those who have done it said it literally takes hundreds and hundreds of times doing it to get to 50.
AMEN :bowdown:

I refuse to do circles around Blue Moon for hours on end, especially since those who have done it said it literally takes hundreds and hundreds of times doing it to get to 50.
If you do one a day and nothing else, you'd go from level 0 (which you can't do because you can't access Professional at level 0) to level 50 in nine months and three days. It would take 274 attempts, and 52.5 cumulative hours of driving.

If you had already done one a day on top of all of your other driving, for an additional 11.5 minutes of play each day, you'd have enough XP to be a third of the way through level 51, if there were such a thing.

Seems much less imposing if you think of it that way rather than logging on to do nothing but blast round Blue Moon Bay for a couple of hours a time.

They should raise the amount of XP you get from sport mode.

Its very bad the highest only way to realisticly grind XP is such a boring race against AI.

I am not sugesting something very high change to sport mode. But just make it a bit more realistecly like doing maybe 300 sport mode race would equal level 50 or something like that.

The thing that is also a bit dumb is there is like no diference if you win a sport mode race or comes last its still like no XP you gain.

And also there is like no reward when leveling up. Hitting like level 40 and level 50 should reward something decent to the player

Well, if you go to an offline, not updated version of the game...
You wouldn't have any sort of offline saving...
You would only have Arcade Mode available...
You wouldn't have GT League...
Even the challenges wouldn't work offline...

You would only have the pit lane glitch... but no Ring available until you reach level 20...

Game is named gt SPORT. All the hype Behind SPORT mode and the people who stick to sport mode will probably never make it to level 50 before the next Gran Turismo is out. Forcing people to use exploits and grinding blue moon is just bad game design. They could make sport mode races reward 10x and it would still take more time then the most grindy games on market to reach max level.

Makes no sense to having the most important and hyped game mode beeing the most unrewarding of ALL the game modes

Game is named gt SPORT. All the hype Behind SPORT mode and the people who stick to sport mode will probably never make it to level 50 before the next Gran Turismo is out. Forcing people to use exploits and grinding blue moon is just bad game design. They could make sport mode races reward 10x and it would still take more time then the most grindy games on market to reach max level.

Makes no sense to having the most important and hyped game mode beeing the most unrewarding of ALL the game modes

Ok but, there is literally no in-game reward or incentive to be level 50. Anything higher than 30 doesn't separate you from other players in any way. Not only that, you can't even see other players' ranks unless you go to their profile. Because rank in GTSport is totally pointless.

I will agree with you though, that the XP and $$ payout for winning sport races is pathetically small, which is weird because it's arguably the most difficult thing to do in GTSport.

But you can get money and exp so easily, literally by being AFK, so there's no point in complaining about it.

image-jpeg.744706

Hour at Le Mans. That's a good time. GT League enduro.

Last edited:
Ok but, there is literally no in-game reward or incentive to be level 50. Anything higher than 30 doesn't separate you from other players in any way. Not only that, you can't even see other players' ranks unless you go to their profile. Because rank in GTSport is totally pointless.

I will agree with you though, that the XP and $$ payout for winning sport races is pathetically small, which is weird because it's arguably the most difficult thing to do in GTSport.

But you can get money and exp so easily, literally by being AFK, so there's no point in complaining about it.

There is a gold trophy reward for LV 50. And for many people its a harder trophy then the 91 win in sportmode.
It is stupid game design and no reason to defend it.
The smartest rewards would have been for Clean racing. Alot of XP and cash and gold Throphys. Because thats the goal with their new Gran Turismo a clean competetive online racing experience.

for many people its a harder trophy then the 91 win in sportmode.

I don't think I'll ever win the last few trophies needed for platinum. The wins, clean race, pole position, fastest laps etc.... When they threatened to ban people for using the glitches, I stopped. Still approximately 3 to 4 levels from 50, Blue Moon Bay was my only hope. So I took the challenge with the xbow set up and tried to go as fast as I could to see if I could do the entire race clean (huge challenge in itself for me):scared:. But, that's what kept me interested, and motivated to get it done:mischievous:. Before I knew it level 50 was a wrap. 👍

Some of you oddballs have got this all arse backwards. Its a racing game, the point of which it to, unsurprisingly, race other people and have fun, everything else is a by-product.

I enjoy racing, honing my skills and wining races as a result. That feeling, of besting your opponents, is worth far more than soullessly trying to game the system for what is, ultimately, a few absolutely worthless pixels on a screen.

I have all golds in driving school, circuit experience and mission challenges. I have level 3 for most of the rewards. I've completed the Certified Genius, Record Number of Races, Record Number of Wins and all the others apart from Ultimate Driver (I'm currently on level 44). All of that means absolutely nothing compared to having fun racing people. Everything else is incidental.

Last edited by a moderator:
I did the Bluemoon grind while watching tv. It took 203 wins to get to 50 from where I was, I needed about 1.6 million extra xp.

Just playing the game I have since made an extra 911,643 xp (thanks Kudos Prime for tracking that) in about 2200 sport races since Januari 31st. Which puts my average earnings per sport race at 414 xp (vs 8250 per Bluemoon race) or about 1000 xp per hour (vs 41k per hour on Bluemoon)

Instead of the 41 hours I spend on Bluemoon (spread over 2 months while watching tv) it would have taken 3865 sport races. Yep I would have gotten there in another 4 months if I keep going at my crazy sport pace. Yet for most people I think 4000 sport races is quite a big ask :)

Doing only sport races it's 2.4 million / 414 = 5800 sport races total at my average earnings. At a more reasonable pace of average 4 races per day, that's 4 years :lol:

Grind, grind and grind some more my friend, sadly the sport mode points are paltry compared to some of the career events so if you want to get there quicker you have to do career mode (like the Blue moon race etc....)

(I'm assuming you've already done all the track challenges and tasks)

Both very true quotes and unbelievable game design for that part. Luckily the game is not about reaching level 50 so for me personally its not an issue. But still find it strange.

Just play the game. Why does everything have to be done instantly nowadays? Whatever happened to patience and having a goal? This has actually made me feel angry!!
I totally agree with you, but you have to admit the xp rewards are rather low.

My average xp earned per race is about 250-400. I'm almost level 41 and need about 2 million points for level 50, which means I still have to complete somewhere between 5.000 and 8.000 online races.
I've been playing this game for close to 200 hours and finished about 350 online races, that's about 600 hours per 1.000 races on average. To complete another 5 to 8.000 races would take me about 3.000 to 5.000 hours. With somehwere about 500 hours of playtime a year that would take 6 to 10 years.
I'm a very patient guy but that is a lot :D

I can understand why people choose to grind their way to level 50.

Back