Help me decide if it’s worth getting just for rally cross

United States
Brookyln
I am on the fence weather to get the deluxe edition with the season pass or just the standard. I am mostly getting it for rally cross since I want to wait for September and wrc8 for true rally courses and as a casual fan of the sport I would rather have the wrc8 that’s sponsored by the sport vs the rally stages in dirt rally but I know dirt rally has sponsored rally cross. Which is a cool interesting Motorsport. I want to play more of and try. Is it worth it for the season pass or I just get the standard version. I know we don’t know what’s coming inter types of cars. And I asked this question sort of in another topic. But am I missing anything in the season pass with rally cross? So is it worth the extra 20 dollars for deluxe. Will individual tracks and cars be sold separately? I’m thinking probably just get deluxe what’s 20 dollars. But I’m just curious is it needed.

For season one there are no plans for rally cross DLC as far as I know

Attachments

• 4A0EC606-00D5-475F-9FDE-BEB14634065D.jpeg
    4A0EC606-00D5-475F-9FDE-BEB14634065D.jpeg
    74.1 KB · Views: 25
There are 8 RX tracks on launch (Barcelona, Montalegre, Mettet, Lohéac Bretagne, Trois-Rivieres, Hell, Holjes and Silverstone). Of these Montalegre and Mettet are not featuring on the FIA World Rallycross Championship 2019 calendar. Those currently missing from the 2019 calendar are Yas Marina, Spa, Riga and Cape Town.

Ok thanks so definitely not worth it. Just get the standard version. Since I only care about rally cross. Thanks.

Yeah, there is pretty much no Rallycross content in the first Season of DLC so getting the regular edition is much better value. Season 2 is guaranteed to have at least one Rallycross track which can be purchased on its own when it is released.

Get the standard version because money now is worth more than money later. Buying deluxe version at this date was only feasible, if you had benefit from pre-order bonuses.

I am on the fence weather to get the deluxe edition with the season pass or just the standard. I am mostly getting it for rally cross since I want to wait for September and wrc8 for true rally courses and as a casual fan of the sport I would rather have the wrc8 that’s sponsored by the sport vs the rally stages in dirt rally but I know dirt rally has sponsored rally cross. Which is a cool interesting Motorsport. I want to play more of and try. Is it worth it for the season pass or I just get the standard version. I know we don’t know what’s coming inter types of cars. And I asked this question sort of in another topic. But am I missing anything in the season pass with rally cross? So is it worth the extra 20 dollars for deluxe. Will individual tracks and cars be sold separately? I’m thinking probably just get deluxe what’s 20 dollars. But I’m just curious is it needed.
I'm in the same boat. >>> RX instead of rally.

Unless season 2 has the three missing official RX tracks, there is no reason to get the Deluxe Edition.

Season 2 will contain at least the Group B rallycross cars and it is suspected more rallycross tracks and cars.

Given that they only have four tracks to go, it would be surprising (to me), if they don't complete the full season. That said, I am not that fussed if CotA doesn't make it to the game as it's a boring RX track!

Aside from Mettet the DR2.0 RX is, in my personal opinion, an improvement over both DR1 and D4. Even the less interesting spectator circuits are fun to drive.

That said, I am not that fussed if CotA doesn't make it to the game as it's a boring RX track!
and which isn't..

To the OP, if you like rallycross then you should buy this game. It's got eight tracks with only four to complete, and DLC will at least bring two or three more that's assured.

You also have project cars 2 rallycross with plenty of tracks too, and probably best loose physics you have ever seen in any game. Check that one too if you're interested on rallycross

There are plenty of interesting rallycross tracks out there, sadly the number of them used by the World Championship is declining...
Rallycross would be much of an interesting sport if the races lasted longer rather than just a few laps, specially considering how short tracks are too.

I don't know. I mean a Rallycross race of 20 or more laps would be something worth watching. Why it isn't like this is beyond me

This very well could be the reason as to why people's interest on this this discipline is declining.

Rallycross would be much of an interesting sport if the races lasted longer rather than just a few laps, specially considering how short tracks are too.

I don't know. I mean a Rallycross race of 20 or more laps would be something worth watching. Why it isn't like this is beyond me

This very well could be the why so many is passing on this discipline when watching it on TV or at the track.
Out of interest have you ever been to a rallycross event?

This very well could be the reason as to why people's interest on this this discipline is declining.

I agree. Motocross tracks are longer than RallyX, it makes no sense to me.

Out of interest have you ever been to a rallycross event?
Hundreds here in Cantabria, but most rally events which is the preferred discipline.

Lost the count after so many years. I myself have participated 15 years ago in one, although I used to enter slaloms preferably (not much money for rally or rallycross). Had a Peugeot 405TI for slalom and fan rally

Hundreds here in Cantabria, but most rally events which is the preferred discipline.

Lost the count after so many years. I myself have participated 15 years ago in one, although I used to enter slaloms preferably (not much money for rally or rallycross). Had a Peugeot 405TI for slalom and fan rally
In that case you know the exact nature of the sport...

...the whole point of rallycross is to provide close sprint racing, not spread out endurance racing.

Most major motocross meets will have six to nine races a day spread across two or three classes (with the entire class out on the circuit one time). Most rallycross meetings will have 40-50 races a day with six cars out on the circuit at one time.

Rallycross cars (especially the Supercars) are built to run balls out for a short period of time. 20 lap races would be won by attrition. The US rallycross series (GRC) used to run 10 lap finals and most of the time the field would be spread out. It's boring to watch.

In that case you know the exact nature of the sport...

...the whole point of rallycross is to provide close sprint racing, not spread out endurance racing.

Most major motocross meets will have six to nine races a day spread across two or three classes (with the entire class out on the circuit one time). Most rallycross meetings will have 40-50 races a day with six cars out on the circuit at one time.

Rallycross cars (especially the Supercars) are built to run balls out for a short period of time. 20 lap races would be won by attrition. The US rallycross series (GRC) used to run 10 lap finals and most of the time the field would be spread out. It's boring to watch.

Good information. Thanks.

Rallycross always was a weird thing overall. Very few laps and also divided on three or four steams, kind of a quick popcorn spectacle that of course nothing has to do with rally.

Rallycross never was something we were attracted much to to be honest, at least over here in Spain where this sport has never been a favorite. Maybe in the UK this discipline got a little bit more of attention given their heritage with cars and constructors, but I've been told by many that Rallycross is declining over there too pretty fast. Reasons?, I don't know, maybe what I said about being some sorta quick popcorn performance with very powerful cars. Very artificial.

Maybe in the UK this discipline got a little bit more of attention given their heritage with cars and constructors, but I've been told by many that Rallycross is declining over there too pretty fast. Reasons?, I don't know, maybe what I said about being some sorta quick popcorn performance with very powerful cars. Very artificial.
Don't know who told you that, but it's not true! It's well established in the UK, there are two National Championships (one "main" Championship and one clubman Championship). Yes, it would be better if the two Championships merged, but both managed to attract decent numbers in most classes last year.

France has a very strong national Championship and RallyX Nordic was hugely popular last year. I have been to Catalunya for the Spanish World Rallycross round the last couple of years and there seems to be at least some interest from the Spanish crowd.

Don't know who told you that, but it's not true! It's well established in the UK, there are two National Championships (one "main" Championship and one clubman Championship). Yes, it would be better if the two Championships merged, but both managed to attract decent numbers in most classes last year.

France has a very strong national Championship and RallyX Nordic was hugely popular last year. I have been to Catalunya for the Spanish World Rallycross round the last couple of years and there seems to be at least some interest from the Spanish crowd.
This is the last link with official proof of the decline of this motorsport a friend of mine sent me about the situation over there, and kinda globally too:
https://www.motorsport.com/world-rx/news/world-rallycross-crisis-grc-collapse/4312633/

This is the last link with official proof of the decline of this motorsport a friend of mine sent me about the situation over there, and kinda globally too:
https://www.motorsport.com/world-rx/news/world-rallycross-crisis-grc-collapse/4312633/
The World and Global Rallycross Championships are really not the same as the National series. The British Rallycross Championship has been around for decades, WRX and GRC have both arrived in the last decade.

GRC had been decline for several years before it's collapse and the World Championship has arrived at a crossroads where it needs to decide what it wants to be. In my opinion it has grown too quickly for it's own good: it's rapid expansion was never sustainable.

I have been attending rallycross events in the UK and Europe for well over a decade now, there is still no shortage of interest in National level competition.

WRX was growing very nicely until the organiser upset a lot of the teams. It is more about mismanagement than lack of appeal.

The format for RX events is fantastic with lots of races across different classes. I've only been to a few of the tracks but those I have visited all have great visibility across most (or all) of the circuit. There is also typically very good access to the paddock.

WRX was growing very nicely until the organiser upset a lot of the teams. It is more about mismanagement than lack of appeal.
Yeah. They brought in manufacturer interest by promising to deliver electric, then fumbled with that decision and caused the manufacturers they had to walk away (or press pause in the case of VW).

At this point they either need to firmly commit to electric and deliver a series that caters for the whims of the manufacturers, or scale things down slightly and gear the World Championship to be something that privateers can participate in. Adding Abu Dhabi and Spa to the 2019 calendar suggests they are still chasing the manufacturers at the moment...

The format for RX events is fantastic with lots of races across different classes. I've only been to a few of the tracks but those I have visited all have great visibility across most (or all) of the circuit. There is also typically very good access to the paddock.
...yeah, some of the recent additions to the World Championship haven't been great, but the vast majority of circuits offer decent viewing for spectators.

Rallycross always was a weird thing overall. Very few laps and also divided on three or four steams, kind of a quick popcorn spectacle that of course nothing has to do with rally.

The ‘quick’ spectacle is something some RallyCross promoters are hoping will give the sport traction for some of today’s shorter attention span, YouTube watching crowd. Rallycross’ format lends itself very well to watching 5 minute round races on the go on one’s smart phone. The short races usually have condensed action. By comparison, some people don’t have the time to watch/follow a 3 day WRC event.
The short sprints of action is the same reason manufacturers were interested in WRX, as they felt the format would fit perfectly for showcasing electric cars that could provide power for a 5 minute race (it will be interesting to see once that comes through).

Rallycross is definitely a different animal compared to say Rally or GT Racing, but I can appreciate the unique style it provides. To each their own :)

I just got the deluxe version it’s downloading now I will set up the wheel settings if I play tonight. Just interested in rally cross. But it’s worth it for now. And I will definitely get Wrc 8 in September. That seems like the better rally as well and more real sim the even this sim.

I presume DR2 will be the last official FIA WRX game, so if you like rallycross a lot it's probably worth buying.

Do you know what the content of season 2 is?
So far Group B rallycross cars are the only thing officially confirmed for season 2.

Given that season 1 has been all rally content, I am hopeful that rallycross will get some love in season 2!

So far Group B rallycross cars are the only thing officially confirmed for season 2.

Given that season 1 has been all rally content, I am hopeful that rallycross will get some love in season 2!
Thanks!

:bowdown:

Back