Help me decide if it’s worth getting just for rally cross

The Impreza 2001 rally car has been confirmed as coming so unless there are to be more than 2 seasons we can add it to season 2 content.
Yeah, it's been confirmed as coming (and it seems likely it will be season 2), but that's not official yet. There have also been hints about the Xite Racing MINI Cooper rallycross car but, again, no official word if that's in season 2...

...I am hoping that we get the '01 Impreza WRC and Focus WRC, plus the MINI Cooper and one of the "missing" DiRT 4 rallycross cars (maybe the Seat?).

I'm going to be very selfish but I want solely RX content in season 2. :mischievous: :cool:

Rally fans had their stuff in season 1 already. :mischievous: :mischievous:

Other seasons can be a mixture of rally and RX for all I want.

Players who pre-order or buy the Deluxe Edition will have this Season One content, plus Season Two which contains a similar level of content and features included as part of their Season Pass. Players who pre-order the Deluxe Edition will also have early access to the game from 22nd February 2019. Day One or Standard Edition players will have the opportunity to purchase each season and piece of content separately on their digital store of choice.
https://www.bsimracing.com/dirt-rally-2-0-tyre-choice/

Played a lot of RX last night. I tend to prefer Rally, but RX is almost like an entirely separate racing game within the game. Great for when you are tired of getting your ass handed to you in the Grp B cars and want to let off some steam. :)

After some hours trying the rallycross part of this game and careful consideration, and unless you're a pad user, I'd definitely recommend you Project Cars2 if you are into this discipline. PC2 rallycross physics (and detail of the tracks +surfaces) way way better most definitely, let alone if you're on a wheel. Otherwise (if on a controller) you'll be better off playing DR2 rallycross despite the lesser physics.

In season 2 i think we will get finland, wales and Greece and rally cross cars, but not tracks.

If you try to create a custom rally championship the are 12 slots which means that we will get 3 more rallies (6 day one +3 dlc1). I don't think they will update 3 full rallies for an hypotetical season 3.

In season 2 i think we will get finland, wales and Greece and rally cross cars, but not tracks.

If you try to create a custom rally championship the are 12 slots which means that we will get 3 more rallies (6 day one +3 dlc1). I don't think they will update 3 full rallies for an hypotetical season 3.

That would be very disappointing really looking forward to new tracks in rally x ,was hoping for 2 or 3

Given that season 1 was entirely comprised of rally content I'd be very surprised to see such a heavy bias in season 2. I'm expecting at least a couple of rallycross tracks.

Given that season 1 was entirely comprised of rally content I'd be very surprised to see such a heavy bias in season 2. I'm expecting at least a couple of rallycross tracks.

And maybe a nice little 22B rally car eh?

:D

And maybe a nice little 22B rally car eh?

tenor.gif

Rallycross would be much of an interesting sport if the races lasted longer rather than just a few laps, specially considering how short tracks are too.

I don't know. I mean a Rallycross race of 20 or more laps would be something worth watching. Why it isn't like this is beyond me

This very well could be the reason as to why people's interest on this this discipline is declining.
Rallycross was specifically designed to be shown on TV, that's why the races are short.

Rallycross was specifically designed to be shown on TV, that's why the races are short.
And, if the race length would be extended the cars would need to be completely re-engineered since they wouldn't even last that long in current state.

Back