Help me?

United States
michigan
Xx07gsxrxX
I am a new drifter im using a ds3 and prefer a car that I can whip around corners. Can someone give me tips and a tune for a dealership car? I can go get almost any car.

I tend to use soft springs and dampers in the front for a throwing car. In other words, are you saying you want a car with front grip to catch and be able to whip?

Also try the "Scandinavian flick" technique. That method is probably the easiest to get any car to whip around courners.

I want it to kick the back end out with out the entire car going sideways. Unless there is a better way to drift. And by entire car going.sideways I mean 90° I want to keep it under 90° had a set up to do a decent drift at nurbergring but I accidentally went over the tune instead of swithing tunes.

Last edited:
"Kicking the back end out" is more a function of driver technique, as opposed to a specific car or tune. I'm actually not sure what "kicking the back end out" really means, as there are lots of different ways to initiate a drift, all of them useful depending on the situation.

Some techniques I can think of:
•Hand break
•"Left foot" breaking (in quotes for us "DS3 left foot breakers")
•Power oversteer
•Scandinavian Flick (basically a quick weight transfer)
•Clutch Kick (can't be done on DS3, but there are ways to kind of mimic a clutch kick with the DS3)

If you are new to drifting and interested in teaching yourself to drift well, I suggest you start in either a Mazda FC RX7, or Nissan S13 Silvia K's. Whichever you pick, start by tuning it to about 300-350hp. If you're looking for a tune for either car, check the "drift settings depot" (stickied at top of drifting forum) and look for the tune made by TwinTurboCH (he has one for both car). His tunes are for a wheel, but they work very well on the DS3 as well. It won't be the fastest car you've ever driven, but you'll learn the basics of throttle control and weight transfer, the two key components of drifting.

As I've said to every single person who has made a thread asking for advice, use this S13 and practice.

The Drift Bible is also useful for explaining the basics, I didn't get much use from it but I know many others who I've shown it to who found the techniques demonstrated very helpful in their education.

Back