Menu 49 X2019

• Thread starter SSQES
  • 39 comments
France
France
Hello Guys!
I did not see any thread about it. Do you have any tips/tune for this Menu? It's a nightmare for me to drive this thing with 0 pit, the car spin a lot, even with TCS1 or Racing Hard tires on rear...

Care to help me?
Thanks in advance!

It's a nightmare for me to drive this thing with 0 pit
Then pit?

Trial Mountain (though not part of the menu book, I did it either way) for me was not doable without a pit stop on Hard difficulty.

Just go RS -> RS and give it your best shot.

Last edited:
Exiting corners in 3rd or 4th gear is the best way to prevent spinning/excess rear tire wear. If you use AT... uhh, learn how to use manual.
I use manual already. I've done the menu now
Then pit?

Trial Mountain (though not part of the menu book, I did it either way) for me was not doable without a pit stop on Hard difficulty.

Just go RS -> RS and give it your best shot.
Thanks for the poo react and the "Then pit" answer, I won gold finally.

The AI most certainly do pit in this.
First, don't be too proud to turn the difficulty down. This is supposed to be fun, not aggravating.
Second, to start out the rear tires have to be harder than the fronts. RS will last an entire race on the front. RM might last that on the rear in shorter races. If not, RH will.
Third, don't be too proud to use assists. There's a good chance your daily driver has them, why would you turn them off for a game? ABS will help preserve your front tires, TCS will preserve the rear tires, and ASM will help a little bit with all of them. The downside is ABS can extend braking distance or slow you more than necessary, TCS cuts acceleration a bit more than necessary, and ASM can hit the brakes at random. In this race you're using a light but powerful car that spins out easy under acceleration.
Fourth, tuning. Drop the downforce, extend the gear ratios, and let the assist modules do their jobs. You'll wind up with higher top speeds on the straights and faster acceleration. Remember you can change assists mid race, you have to exit the race to adjust downforce.
Suspension depends on how you drive. If, like me, you're all up on the curbs, drop the damper settings and the anti roll bar settings a bit. Some of these tracks are rough with all things considered. Spa is rough. Maggiore is rough. Why? You can ride rumble strips all day at both. Trial Mountain looks smooth at first glance, but the area between the first straight and the first tunnel is ripe for curb abuse. Harder settings are for tri ovals and stuff like Suzuka or Tokyo Expressway where you're not riding curbs or bouncing around a lot.

The only thing I changed between races was the rear tire compound. All five races were a breeze. The most difficult race I found in spec 2 so far is the new Bathurst race. Coming in at four chilies I knew it would be tough regardless of the difficulty setting, but I had just blown right through the five chili race at Daytona.
There is a nasty bump in Murray's corner that kept causing my Porsche to spin if I followed the racing line. Other than that it was a hot contest between my 911 RSR and the 1999 Skyline GT-R GT 500.
I have yet to try the 1 hour Maggiore race, but I could probably win it.

In menu book races AI doesn't pit, at least on hard. Sardegna is easiest, you can run on Mediums whole race, no pit. Dragon Trail - rear will wear out (RM) close to the end, but AI is slow at death chicane. Interlagos is hardest, you cannot make mistakes, but you don't have to pit. Put RM on the back and RS on the front. I was lapping ~1:17 on average and won by 3 seconds.

I am not doubting your skills but that 1 hour Maggiore race is on another level......
Oh, you're saying I can't drive, mate? Why I'll show you...🤣
Just messin' with ya. I honestly don't know if I can turn 30 laps of any circuit besides Spa withoutaling a single mistake. I have considered running custom and single races there til I learn the track well. Payouts will be good as I have all gold on the CE and collector level 50.
The chillie races are supposed to ignore difficulty settings, so ...
You are correct. That's why I expected it to be difficult. The Bathurst race didn't compare, though, to a 3 chili group 3/800pp shootout at Spa, though. That took some doing, but I won with the McLaren. I've won there with a couple Group 2 cars and anything Group 1 or faster (F1, X2019, highly tuned road cars, etc.) with ease even when set at maximum difficulty.
I think the hardest chili race is the 1 hour one at Maggiore. You could see me for miles, I was in the bright yellow Nissan all by itself behind everyone else. I'ma try it first with the pink 911 RSR. If it can hold out down Conrod Straight at Bathurst, it should be able to hold out on Maggiore's twin straights as well. That thing is an absolute weapon in the corners.

Grr, second place at Interlagos. 7 Seconds behind Hizal. I may need to try a RS/RM combination. I begin to lose time around lap 8 and I no longer can gain a second on the leader. Also my rear right tire is toast for the last lap. My best lap has been a 1:16.6 but I usually am in the 1:17’s, but those last laps start running in the high 18’s and it’s all over.

I placed 1st in them by using RM/RM, TCS1 and no pit stops. I can’t remember which ones, but one of them I needed to bump to FM3 for the last lap to avoid running out of fuel and one of them I bumped up to TCS2 or 3 to keep one of the rear tires from going full red.

Talking about mixing tires front and rear for tire wear brings up a question I've been wondering about... Brake bias. Does adjusting brake bias affect tire wear? Obviously it does in real life, but I haven't seen it make a difference in the game. But I'm not at the bleeding edge of being fast enough or talented enough to really tell the difference. I was just able to finish Menu 49 at Sardegna with the Anniversary '19 on RM's (front and rear) on Normal difficulty with a 5 second margin. I paced the leader for several laps mid race, when I could have passed him, just to save tire wear. If something had happened and I had to do it again, that was then next thing I was going to try... brake bias to the front to see if it reduced rear tire wear. Is that a thing, or does it not make any difference?

Last edited:
Talking about mixing tires front and rear for tire wear brings up a question I've been wondering about... Brake bias. Does adjusting brake bias affect tire wear? Obviously it does in real life, but I haven't seen it make a difference in the game. But I'm not at the bleeding edge of being fast enough or talented enough to really tell the difference. I was just able to finish Menu 49 at Sardegna with the Anniversary '19 on RM's (front and rear) on Normal difficulty with a 5 second margin. I paced the leader for several laps mid race, when I could have passed him, just to save tire wear. If something had happened and I had to do it again, that was then next thing I was going to try... brake bias to the front to see if it reduced rear tire wear. Is that a thing, or does it not make any difference?
It does affect tire wear, but nothing that will impact your pit strategy 99% of the time unless you run no ABS and lock up a lot or use the e-brake a lot. Depending on the race (if you use ABS) it might save you a lap. You’ll probably do more harm than good to your lap times though because you have to set it very hard either way to really notice a change and this will drastically change how your car behaves while braking, especially from high speeds. Changing from say 0 to -1 for example you probably won’t notice any or much of a change in tire wear. Change it from 0 to 4 in a RWD and you’ll likely see the wear increase though. It’s more noticeable on soft tires than hard.
You’re probably better off adjusting TCS, FM or just taking it a bit easier on the brakes so you don’t lock up.

Best way to make your tires last a little longer is reduce your camber. I usually adjust my cars to 1.8 to get those tires to go another couple laps.

I suggest using @praiano63 his tune, alongside FM1 + Racing softs with 1 pit stop. Was easy for me this way, i drive with a controller and AT and i play on easy settings.

Last edited:
What difficulty level? This information is unrelatable without knowing what the difficulty level you're playing at.
It also helps to know what race you are referring to. The race at Interlagos does not require a pit stop.

IMG_1380.jpeg

IMG_1381.jpeg

IMG_1382.jpeg

With this setup, I was able to win Trial Mountain (RS tires, pit after lap 7), Sardegna (Don’t recall the tires, you need to figure out what works best for you) and Dragon Tail (also don’t remember the tires. Probably Softs with a pit somewhere in there). I’m struggling to win Interlagos. Best is 2nd place, 7 seconds behind Hizal. Still haven’t raced Lago Maggiore yet. I would probably use this setup and adjust the tires based on their wear.

BTW, I only race on hard difficulty.

Thanks Rayquaza, I wasn't trying to be rude. It's just that sometimes tactics that work fine on easy/normal don't really work well on hard. Appreciate the reply.

@Tommy_D It's been a while since I did the interlagos, but IIRC I managed to win doing a one stop with RS-RS. Because there's a rubberbanding in the AI, when you pit, they will slow down until you get close again. By then you will have a major tyre advantage which should be enough to catch them and get the win. I did that on hard difficulty fyi

Last edited:
@Tommy_D It's been a while since I did the interlagos, but IIRC I managed to win doing a one stop with RS-RS. Because there's a rubberbanding in the AI, when you pit, they will slow down until you get close again. By then you will have a major tyre advantage which should be enough to catch them and get the win. I did that on hard difficulty fyi
Hizal would have to slow down his pace from 1:16's to 1:25's if it were to ever work. I haven't tried it, but if anyone else has the time to try and report back, I would be curious to hear.

It also helps to know what race you are referring to. The race at Interlagos does not require a pit stop.

View attachment 1317409

View attachment 1317410

View attachment 1317411

With this setup, I was able to win Trial Mountain (RS tires, pit after lap 7), Sardegna (Don’t recall the tires, you need to figure out what works best for you) and Dragon Tail (also don’t remember the tires. Probably Softs with a pit somewhere in there). I’m struggling to win Interlagos. Best is 2nd place, 7 seconds behind Hizal. Still haven’t raced Lago Maggiore yet. I would probably use this setup and adjust the tires based on their wear.

BTW, I only race on hard difficulty.
@Tommy_D this may seem counterintuitive, but for these races with this car the "normal" transmission actually is faster. I was able to win Interlagos using a hybrid of yours and @praiano's tune. I used the tune you have above (RM tires for Interlagos with no pit), but with "Normal" transmission, and using @praiano's LSD settings of 5/10/5. I also lowered rear downforce to 1550. This lowered my lap times by about 1 sec. at both Interlagos and Trial Mountain. After (finally!) winning Interlagos, I went back to Trial Mountain and took rear downforce down to 1500, and the car still handles beautifully, plus I get a little more speed. Had some laps in the 1:30s and many laps in the low-mid 1:31s.

@Tommy_D this may seem counterintuitive, but for these races with this car the "normal" transmission actually is faster. I was able to win Interlagos using a hybrid of yours and @praiano's tune. I used the tune you have above (RM tires for Interlagos with no pit), but with "Normal" transmission, and using @praiano's LSD settings of 5/10/5. I also lowered rear downforce to 1550. This lowered my lap times by about 1 sec. at both Interlagos and Trial Mountain. After (finally!) winning Interlagos, I went back to Trial Mountain and took rear downforce down to 1500, and the car still handles beautifully, plus I get a little more speed. Had some laps in the 1:30s and many laps in the low-mid 1:31s.
I will have to try it out later. I've thought perhaps my gearing was a problem at Interlagos, but maybe it's the downforce as well. There aren't too many turns there where high downforce gives you an advantage. Maybe just that sweeping left hander after the first 2 tight turns after the main straight. I guess that would be turn 3? The sweeping left hander on to the main straight shouldn't be a problem for this car, even with lower downforce, since it is fairly high speed, but the radius increases as you speed up on to the sttraight. I would think with RS tires the mechanical grip would be just fine for everything else.

Thanks Rayquaza, I wasn't trying to be rude. It's just that sometimes tactics that work fine on easy/normal don't really work well on hard. Appreciate the reply.

Funny thing is the difficulty level sometimes feels a bit broken. Some races are harder on easy 😆

So I did these on easy. RH tyres and no stops! Always took a couple laps to get dialled in but after that it was relatively straight forward

Funny thing is the difficulty level sometimes feels a bit broken. Some races are harder on easy 😆
That's definitely the case (or at least was) on the Human Comedy missions. Not sure if that bug was ever patched. I don't know about the chilli pepper races, the difficulty doesn't seem to matter to me on those. I've never bothered to run them multiple times on different difficulties to see.

That's definitely the case (or at least was) on the Human Comedy missions. Not sure if that bug was ever patched. I don't know about the chilli pepper races, the difficulty doesn't seem to matter to me on those. I've never bothered to run them multiple times on different difficulties to see.
So, how can you say its "definitely the case" then in the next sentence say you've "never bothered to run them multiple times on different difficulties to see"?

I have not run these races on different difficulties to see if one is harder than the other, but I suspect that the races aren't actually harder (ie. the AI is faster) on an easier difficulty, but instead the AI is dumber and gets in the way more often (takes poor lines, pits more, goes 2-3 wide on turns, etc.) on an easier difficulty causing you to actually run slower than you would if you were paired up with a more competitive AI. If you are stuck in traffic behind slow cars, you run slower as a result. The fastest AI cars may be slower on Easy difficulty by a second or 2 per lap, but if you are stuck running a second or two slower because of traffic, I can see why people think an easier difficulty is actually harder.

Last edited:
Back