Menu 49 X2019

• Thread starter SSQES
  • 39 comments
Even on easy, my pace is just atrocious at Interlagos. Plus, I constantly mess up and end up losing even more time.

This one is going to take a while for me.

I will have to try it out later. I've thought perhaps my gearing was a problem at Interlagos, but maybe it's the downforce as well. There aren't too many turns there where high downforce gives you an advantage. Maybe just that sweeping left hander after the first 2 tight turns after the main straight. I guess that would be turn 3? The sweeping left hander on to the main straight shouldn't be a problem for this car, even with lower downforce, since it is fairly high speed, but the radius increases as you speed up on to the sttraight. I would think with RS tires the mechanical grip would be just fine for everything else.
I actually found that the downforce made a difference there. I was originally running with less downforce thinking I needed more speed. I finally won with 1550 as I said. I might go back and try 1500 and see what difference it makes as well.

Let me know how you do and if you get the win!

So, how can you say its "definitely the case" then in the next sentence say you've "never bothered to run them multiple times on different difficulties to see"?

I have not run these races on different difficulties to see if one is harder than the other, but I suspect that the races aren't actually harder (ie. the AI is faster) on an easier difficulty, but instead the AI is dumber and gets in the way more often (takes poor lines, pits more, goes 2-3 wide on turns, etc.) on an easier difficulty causing you to actually run slower than you would if you were paired up with a more competitive AI. If you are stuck in traffic behind slow cars, you run slower as a result. The fastest AI cars may be slower on Easy difficulty by a second or 2 per lap, but if you are stuck running a second or two slower because of traffic, I can see why people think an easier difficulty is actually harder.
Sorry, I probably should have put a paragraph break in there. It has been pretty widely tested by a good number of people that the Human Comedy 1 hr races had a glitch where they were easier (still pretty difficult) when the settings were on hard. I have no idea if that was patched since I did them well over a year ago and you only get paid for them once.

The chili races I haven't personally tested, but said that it seems to be the same difficulty no matter the settings. I have seen people debate the point so I don't know for sure. Just gave my opinion based on my experience (not structured testing).

It has been pretty widely tested by a good number of people that the Human Comedy 1 hr races
I am one of those having rerun these races quite a lot of time and the only thing I can say about it:
the AI is so inconsistent that blaming difference of laptimes or speed on difficulty settings is not plausible to me.

Lake Maggiore
fastest AI total timeslowest AI total timeAI total time difference
1:00:40,2211:01:19,38339,162s
almost 40 seconds over 30 laps is 1.3s per lap which is too big in my opinion to allow any speculations of difficulty setting having an impact.

Last edited:
So, how can you say its "definitely the case" then in the next sentence say you've "never bothered to run them multiple times on different difficulties to see"?

I have not run these races on different difficulties to see if one is harder than the other, but I suspect that the races aren't actually harder (ie. the AI is faster) on an easier difficulty, but instead the AI is dumber and gets in the way more often (takes poor lines, pits more, goes 2-3 wide on turns, etc.) on an easier difficulty causing you to actually run slower than you would if you were paired up with a more competitive AI. If you are stuck in traffic behind slow cars, you run slower as a result. The fastest AI cars may be slower on Easy difficulty by a second or 2 per lap, but if you are stuck running a second or two slower because of traffic, I can see why people think an easier difficulty is actually harder.
He is correct, a couple of missions and chili races are like that, on easy, the AI runs real alien pace, and you just can’t catch them at all, like GTWC alien pace. But turning it to hard make them beatable, for some reason.

As for the RB races, a stock car running an RS/RS one stop was the ticket, except Interlagos, no stop on RM worked fine there.

Last edited:
I went to pit at lap 7, with Medium racing tires and I was on Fuel Map 1. since I lowered the downforce on the rear the aerodynamic drag was draining fuel much less. Won by 3 seconds on Easy mode.

I had until recently not even attempted menu 49 as I can not drive the X2019 using a DS4 and be competitive.
This Christmas I had a GT Lite chair and set up my wheel ( it’s been boxed away for the last few months ) and decided to try my luck and I was realy pleased with how I did . I managed to win 2 out of the 3 races , I’ve got Dragon Trail left to do. Can’t remember what tyres I’ve used to do the races but used a stock X2019 and the 25th anniversary cars.

Edit: did Dragon Trail on hard tyres no pit stop ,came 2nd made a mistake on up hill section got on curbs and was passed. Will try it again.

Last edited:
He is correct, a couple of missions and chili races are like that, on easy, the AI runs real alien pace, and you just can’t catch them at all, like GTWC alien pace. But turning it to hard make them beatable, for some reason.
Getting off topic here: So, I tested the Tsukuba race on Hard difficulty and was able to run .59's on that race with Kokubun running a fastest lap in the upper .58's. Put it on Easy and for some reason I couldn't get any better than a 1:01 with the exact same car settings. Very strange. Kokubun ran a fastest lap of low .57's. I was 20 seconds behind the leader at my first pit on Hard difficulty (13 laps) and was 58 seconds behind the leader (12 laps) on Easy difficulty. I don't know how I used more fuel on Easy either. I did not finish the hard race (already beat it once before) but decided to finish the Easy race. I got 8th place, 2:20 behind Kokubun, and only mustered 54 laps. I did spin out twice while on RH tires in the last 8 laps, so that kind of screwed me. I had previously won this race with 55 laps on Hard difficulty. I can't explain why my pace was so slow when on Easy. I can't really explain how Kokubun runs :57's on what looks to be a completely stock car but with RS tires on it. I watched some of his laps and I have no explanation how he gets his engine to rev up so fast coming out of the turns. It revs much faster than a stock engine does.

He does pit A LOT at the end of the race. He kept putting on full wet tires every couple laps for the last 6 or 7 laps, so you could, in theory, catch up to him but you would likely have to run 56 laps to win the race. When I won the race I did it on Hard difficulty and won with 55 laps, so not a HUGE difference in overall speed. The rain wasn't too bad on my Easy race. I ran Inters the whole time. AI pitted for inters then pitted again for full wets and kept pitting for full wets until the end. I vaguely recall the rain being worse on the hard race.

Last edited:
Ouch that hurt 🥲. Took me quite a few tries to finish 2nd. I did it in the hardest difficulty.

It was actually my hardest race in GT7 so far....

Attachments

• 20240110_121334.jpg
    20240110_121334.jpg
    212.6 KB · Views: 14
Back