help needed.. i neeed to loose weight!

• Thread starter psonefreak
  • 67 comments
Originally posted by Gil
Actually, no.
I can tell by the mane that it's some kind of skin condition.
Mostly, I see what the "old folks" call "galling". It's when you get a really angry red rash wher fold of fat rub together incessantly, and that area never gets truly dry.
Like under the a well-endowed woman's breast, any under a really obese person's tummy fold.

yuck.gif

Originally posted by Gil
Actually, no.
I can tell by the mane that it's some kind of skin condition.
Mostly, I see what the "old folks" call "galling". It's when you get a really angry red rash wher fold of fat rub together incessantly, and that area never gets truly dry.
Like under the a well-endowed woman's breast, any under a really obese person's tummy fold.

Basically, it's a skin condition that has no source, no cure, etc. It's like really, really bad dandruff. That, and the places where the dandruff come isn't white skin, but rather red patches on the skin. It also appears on places like the sides of the nose and anywhere else where a lot of oil builds up.

Well, sad to say, I have this condition, which REALLY bites for anyone my age since most people that get it are either infants(Cradle Cap), but infants lose it after time, or old people. So most people that get it aren't teens. I ended up using a whole arsenal of medications, from Sullenium Sulfide to Nizeral AD (Prescription strength) to Ketykinizol(sp) cream, etc. The only thing that really worked was the cream, but that bleaches the skin after too much use):. But I guess Vinegar also works, which is shocking. It's funny, kind of... All of these medications didn't really help too much(At least, the shampoos, they help a little, but they don't knock it down like vinegar does...), but something so remedial as vinegar does wonders...:odd:

Originally posted by psonefreak
GTP, I need help. As many of you probably read, I'm engaged now, and obviously I have a reason to care now about living long and being healthy. I got the idea of posting this here because of the "find out how to get in shape yourself" part in the description of the category. I just need to loose weight. I'm 6'1 and weigh 268, give or take a few pounds, and its mostly fat.

I just need a free and fairly easy way to loose it. I need sugestions people!

Oh, and just so you're wonderin, Kari didn't want me to and didn't even hint that I should, I'm totally doing this on my own so I can be with her a long time and be the best I can be for her and later on for our kids.

Okay, at the risk of sounding like a jackass here it goes.
RUN, don't walk, run, walking does nothing but get you to the coffee house for pastries. Walking is something that humans do everyday and we have a large quantity of overweight people who claim that they work out or excercise by walking. Fast paced walking just gets you there quicker. Go to the store, get some $20 running shoes from Asics (we use em) and run.

Start off with the goal of one mile of a non stop jog. Then a mile and a half, then two miles, then two and a half miles, and so on. Don't out run yourself though. Don't get out there and run just below a dead sprint if that's not what you are used to. Walk briskly for about 100 meters then just start to move forward while hopping on your feet. Viola you are jogging. If you feel you can run faster, run faster, but remember that you have to keep up this pace for a mile. Do this at least 3 times a week and don't quit.

Laziness accounts for more overweight people than anything else. It's not that people don't have the time because I've seen people complain that they don't have the time and then they go home, sit down, grab some chips and watch tv until they fall asleep.
Which brings me to my next point.
EAT RIGHT!
Don't sit there and run every day, but turn around and grab some Burger King everyday. You said you're a family man, so start implementing a day where the entire family eats a healthy meal.
Set Limits:
Maintain a diet that is no greater than the normal 2000 calorie a day limit. Try, if you can, to even stay under 2000 calories. It's hard but it pays off in the end.
I'm not telling you to starve yourself because you'll just wind up dying if you do that. I'm just telling you that instead of a bucket of fried chicken, grab a chicken ceaser salad or instead of getting that extra vat of butter on your popcorn, opt out, or don't have popcorn at all.

I hope this helps, if you need anymore advice PM me or email me at hunterd557@hotmail.com

Semper Fidelis
Shadow Drifter

Concept
I do!

I'll try some of the stuff you said though, 161 lbs isn't really par weight for a teen my height.

I'm up to 170lbs right now. I'm the same height too. I'm either getting fatter or building muscle. Maybe both.

I'm not sure if I'm joining this conversation too late or not...so anyway. I know I used to weigh close to 200 pounds and was only 5'5 or so. (I was only about 13-14) Now I'm only 16 and I weigh 170 and I'm about 5'7-5'8, I lost all of this weight because I worked out everyday and did plenty of running. Everyday in football we would work out or run, or both. Coach worked us up starting with smaller weight and slowly we started doing more, same with running except we started by just running a couple minutes, then moved up to 20+.

Hope that helps, I'm sure someone's already said it though, I just read the first post.

cheap and EXTREMELY effective drug: Trimspa. It physically shrinks you'r stomache. You therefor don't feel as hungyr and therefor don't eat as much and therfore lose weight. Throw in halfd an hour of intense biking every day and whoever needs to lose weight is going to lose it- FAST. Anna Nichole Smith lost like 80lbs using that drug in like 6 months.

My advice:

to loose weight the healthy way, follow a natural diet similar to the one described in this website

www.waisays.com

Not only will your weight normalise, but you will also feel heaps better with loads of energy to burn. And you can never eat too much fruit!

Diabetes, high blood pressure, acne, and overweightness are all symptons of a poor diet, and can all be eliminated once you start eating a natural diet free from processed foods such as bread, candy, chips.

Good luck, hope I was useful, from Dan.

DO NOT GO ON A DIET, just eat regularly three times a day and healthy.... try not to snack too much.

First create some muscle by training with weights, muscles burn fat. When you are feeling stronger start using your muscles in a different way and do cardio besides the weight training. (which does not mean per definition mean getting sweaty at the gym, riding a bike, running or even better: swimming are just as good ways to train). All the expensive diets are just a temporarely solution, the fat will come back. If you have trained muscles and keep on doing exercise a few times a week that should keep the fat away.

This is to the guy who wanted to LOSE weight.

Is 115lb's on a 5'2'' frame thin? She can do pushups + situps and stuff, and claims she needs to lose weight to fit into a dress. But that's like, what, 12% body fat?

5'2" and 8 stone... Seems about right.

My dad who's 17Stone (240lbs@5'9") is now going to the company gym, which has only just opened, 3 times a week. Started losing weight gradually as there's no diet included but he definetley seems fitter.

PS
240 @ 5'9''!? Jesus christ!

Has he had any heart attacks before?
Thats around mike tysons size.

Seriously though if anyone needs any help in getting any time of body they desire just drop a message here or a PM. I am the king of fitness and muscles. I used to be skinny. Now im hench.

I know how people whore are overweight can lose weight without needing to diet if they like their food and how skinny people can gain weight quickly without needing to buy weight gain formulas.

Im 5"7 140lbs 28 inch waist with 16 inch arms. Combined my arms together are bigger than my waist :crazy: :dopey: :) 👍 :sly:

People shouldn't look at weight. 240 on a 5'9 body on Mike Tyson is all muscle. If you weigh that without having any muscles you do not have Mike Tyson's figure... you're a fat tub. :P Go do something about it!

PS
240 @ 5'9''!? Jesus christ!

Has he had any heart attacks before?
He has had no heart attacks, is rarely out of breath (except when walking up a cathedral-tower spiral stair case). He was fit-ish because he walked about 2 miles daily around work. Also when he was younger he was much fitter, he claims to have gained a stone for every kid my mums had.

Now he goes to the gym 3 times a week. He seems alot fitter, hasn't lost much weight yet probably because his diet isn't any different.

if he does high intensisty training then he wont need to change his diet. Doing weights btw wont make a person lose weight.

You should go to the gym with him.

Well he does things like rowing machine, cross trainer, treadmill and exercise bike. All the stamina machines. He does light weight inbetween whiel 'recovering'.

I can't go with him, it's a in-work employees only gym :irked: Also at 15, few places allow you in.

Ye thats sucks most gyms are over 18's whilst health centre gyms you have to be 16 till your allowed to use the weights and come in whenver you want.

A hardcore over 18's gym made a exception whith me however when I was 16 cause Im hench.

Hi,

I am 16 and I had this problem too. How can I loose weight. I was 174 cm tall and my weight was 90kg. Now I am 177cm/75kg. You dont need any diet or something like that. Of course you cant eat a lot. And you must doing some sport where you are moving. I am visiting fitness center 6 times in a week. Bikeing, roller skating, running is good too. I hope it helps a little.
Sorry for my gramar :)

I need some advice aswell.

I am 1.97 and weigh 107KG. Now, i'm not a skinny guy. I used to go the gym with a friend of mine for 2 years so i've buillt up some muscle ( i used to be skinny but after those 2 years at the gym i transformed into this wide giant) but he then moved to a different country and after a while i lost motivation and quit going aswell.
I tried running but after a while i get this piercing pain at the front of my knees. Everytime i put pressure on them i get this pain (the pain goes away if i take it easy for a week).
Now i figured this is simply because i weight too much so i am looking for an alternative means of shedding some weight. I've been looking into getting one of those Elliptical Trainers since they practically remove the strain from the knees but i'm not sure if that's what i need. Hence this post.

I would have signed up at the gym again but i don't have the luxury of time anymore. Really busy schedule so i need to work out when i have time and not the other way around.

I lost 1 stone in 1 week, I ate nothing. I was ill mind, but beat that. I'm the lightest I've been since leaving high school now, I'm 11st 5lbs, three months ago I was 12st 9lbs. I lost a stone due to illness but suprisinly I lost a couple of inches waist size as well, you normally don't if you lose weight like that, but I haven't put any of it back on since, infact I lost a couple more lbs recently. I didn't need to lose weight but I'm glad I did, I look better now, except perhaps for my arms, they've got thinner as well, but that probably has more to do with me not doing any working out since, err, a long, long time ago.

live4speed
I lost 1 stone in 1 week, I ate nothing. I was ill mind, but beat that. I'm the lightest I've been since leaving high school now, I'm 11st 5lbs, three months ago I was 12st 9lbs. I lost a stone due to illness but suprisinly I lost a couple of inches waist size as well, you normally don't if you lose weight like that, but I haven't put any of it back on since, infact I lost a couple more lbs recently. I didn't need to lose weight but I'm glad I did, I look better now, except perhaps for my arms, they've got thinner as well, but that probably has more to do with me not doing any working out since, err, a long, long time ago.
I lost aboyt a stone when I was ill for a week. Except it went back on pretty quick. Damn those custard cream. :grumpy:

@GTChamp2003You could carry on running but I suggest either getting a good, well cushioned pair of running shoes or you start running on grass.

I don't think putting pressure on your knees is a problem, just the pounding of road running. A rowing machine/X trainer would be good as they work upper body aswell unlike cycling/running machines.

[Update] My dad has lost abit of weight, but not much, even though he is now taking metabolism speed-er-uppers. Eitehr way, my mum is adament he's lost his fat ass and his legs have certainly firmed up.

Loosing weight, or more accurately, loosing fat is all about burning more calories then you are taking in. Getting your heart rate to it's optimum fat burning rate is where you want to get it and maintain it. This optimum heart rate is different for everyone based on size and age. So..., the less caloric intake, and the more caloric burning you do, the faster you will burn fat. Keep in mind, most diets will also reduce lean muscle as well, up to 20% in extreem cases, so make sure you get your proteins as well to help reduce lean muscle loss.

[edit = guess I'm ol'e skool, read on to see why]
Forget everything I just typed and read this article:
http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/willbrink10.htm

I gotta lose some weight too. I'm 1,70m tall and currently weighting 75/77 Kg. All I need is will to do something about it.

Do not follow any diets!!!!

Just do not eat white sugars or anything made with white flower or white sugar, they are worst.

Build up sporting;

I'm 1m 90cm and I weigh 90 kilos.

I'm now cycling every day (36km) and I jog every day about 30 minutes to 1 hour.

Best you can do! But build it up do not think you can run 50 km at once 👍

Mistral1
Hi,

I am 16 and I had this problem too. How can I loose weight. I was 174 cm tall and my weight was 90kg. Now I am 177cm/75kg. You dont need any diet or something like that. Of course you cant eat a lot. And you must doing some sport where you are moving. I am visiting fitness center 6 times in a week. Bikeing, roller skating, running is good too. I hope it helps a little.
Sorry for my gramar :)

You're my inspiration! :eek:

Back