help needed.. i neeed to loose weight!

Discussion in 'Sports' started by psonefreak, May 2, 2003.

1. ExigeEvan

ExigeEvan Premium

That is an extremely time consuming exercise regime.

The fact is most people don't have that much time to spend, so dieting would be vital.

2. rualeb

rualeb

just get out and do stuff. keep it simple and easy, make sure you don't start to hate it.

3. Giancarlo

Giancarlo Premium

Work out in the morning on an empty stomach then lift weights in the afternoon. Does magic.

4. nk4e

nk4e

Im about the owner's built but Im 5'9 and I just want to get faster and stronger without lifting weights and all I can think of is a punching bag. Everymorning, I bike to my school(( which is about a 20 minute ride, if I pedal fast)) and I bike everywhere else.I don't like taking protein shakes because I don't want to be too buff. Yes, I play DDR((it does wonder with the right diet)) but I stop. am I going the right way? I cut down on carbs and Sugars and try to eat lean chicken breast and turkey sandwhiches. I just want to get fast with a strong punch. If you guys want to know my DDR diet it was:
    3 hrs of DDR on Sat and Sunday ( professional mode/Heavy Mode)
    30 minutes of Workout( Mon, Weds, Fri)( Bench,Cleans, Squats and incline)
    1 Mile of running
    and the meal:
    Grilled Chicken
    Steam Rice and
    Steam Vegetables
    I did that for months and it got me from 220 to 189lbs and I forgot to add, I play basket ball((I goin to go play some))

5. ExigeEvan

ExigeEvan Premium

First, well done. That's a fair bit fo weight you've lost there.

So, when you say fast do you mean like running? Because the best thing for that would simply be shuttle runs. These are quite intense so only do so when you think your ready. And the key is to make sure you are always trying your best for them.

For the punch, light/medium weights will help. But best thing would be to take up a sport that involves it. Boxing, Karate, Kick boxing etc.

6. nk4e

nk4e

Like Agility wise but that might work.

7. ExigeEvan

ExigeEvan Premium

If you want all round speed, agility, strength then taking up a combat sport is ideal (Even if you don't compete, the training is what's important).

8. nk4e

nk4e

K,thanks. :tup: