Help Thread For Los Santos Missions.

I guess i got lucky, or am good with the car physics cause i beat it the first time with a low-rider i jacked off the streat. A Savanah i think. no nitro or nothing. there are some cool lowriders i see now in game, that are like older Lincolns or caddys. They are red or blue and already have hydros on them.

Having a little trouble with the mission where you and the fat black dude hightail it on a Sanchex down the railway line after the train. "Wrong Side of the Track" i believe it's called. Keep getting all the way to the bridge with two blokes still on top of the train. The fat guy's shooting is pretty whack. I've tried all angles and distances but i can't seem to complete the mission. Any suggestions?

donbenni
The fat guy's shooting is pretty whack. I've tried all angles and distances but i can't seem to complete the mission. Any suggestions?
I've only done a dozen missions so far but I've found that your homies (Ryder, Big Smoke and Sweet) shooting skills suck. On the couple drive-by type missions I've done so far, I've had more success running people over instead of waiting for them to successfully make a hit.

But I don't know the above mission so I can't help much.

KM.

GTChamp2003
Sounds like a lot of people have problems passing that mission(High stakes - low riders).I passed it the 2nd time.All you have to do is find that red lowrider that Cesar is driving and stay close behind the leader(s) untill the final stretch and then floor it.It's the easiest way.I didn't do it like that ,i won with over 5 sec. lead but that method is the easiest one.Just stay behind the leading car and take 1st position on the final stretch.Take it easy on the corners aswell.Don't step on the throttle too soon or you will spin.

I passed that one first time, it was easy, no nitrous needed at all, won with plenty of time to spare. Just keep clear of hitting others.

donbenni
Having a little trouble with the mission where you and the fat black dude hightail it on a Sanchex down the railway line after the train. "Wrong Side of the Track" i believe it's called. Keep getting all the way to the bridge with two blokes still on top of the train. The fat guy's shooting is pretty whack. I've tried all angles and distances but i can't seem to complete the mission. Any suggestions?

Stick to the outside of the rail when possible, gives him a better angle to shoot at. After a couple trys I can kill them all just after the the head on train comes.

Where is flight school?

How do you use the towtruck to pick up cars?

flight school is in las vegas.. i forget the gta name for it.. boating school is there too. car school is in san fierro. haven't found bike school yet.

to pick up cars with the towtruck.. push up on the right analog stick to lower the hook.. back up to a car.. push down on the right analog stick to pick it up.

For the mission "Wrong Side of the Tracks" don't drive the Sanchez on the other rails but drive it on that small road next to the rails.It will give Big Smoke a better angle to shoot from.

SublimeDood10
Since when did Blake and Jimmy become moderators of the GTA forum?
Where did that come from?

But to inform you, I am getting Moderator Status soon (very unexpectedly). But still, why did you ask that?

donbenni -- I had a bit of trouble, too. It was quite hard, and I failed 3 times. What I found is that Big Smoke tends to go for the guys at the back first. So stay along side whoever is closest to the back of the train and let him kill that guy, if you go in front of that guy, he'll usually stop shooting. Also, hug the outside of the track as much as you can comfortably.

For "High Stakes, Low-Riders", I used a Voodoo. I failed the first time with the Savanna. Don't use it. Terrible for racing. Find the Voodoo. I recommend it highly for that race. I killed these guys to the finish line. Noone was even close to me.

Solid Lifters
What't the best way to increase your sex appeal?

Be a "pimp". In the game, there is one type of vehicle where you pimp in. I believe it's found in one of the hispanic territory. Forgot which car it is though, I did one pimp mission, and I got money plus sex appeal.

It's a convertible, ill try to get the car again, and tell you what the name is.

My sex appeal is now 1/2 the meter. So cool!

Edit: Now I found out where it is located in. Around the Los Flores, it may be connected to East Beach and/or East Los Santos

The car look like a convertible verison of Tornado

EDIT:

I found the exact location and I was wrong.

It is located at El Corna and Willowfield.

For some reason my sex appeal went back down, and when I did the pimp thing, it didn't rasie it up. Basically being a pimp is like being a taxi driver.

Cool. Thanks rollazn. Also, does driving a certain type of car, or wearing certain types of clothes increase your Sex Appeal?

Jimmy Enslashay
donbenni -- I had a bit of trouble, too. It was quite hard, and I failed 3 times. What I found is that Big Smoke tends to go for the guys at the back first. So stay along side whoever is closest to the back of the train and let him kill that guy, if you go in front of that guy, he'll usually stop shooting. Also, hug the outside of the track as much as you can comfortably.
Hey! I'm trying it out. But I still fail :grumpy:
I wish i was the one who was shooting.

Well, if you were the one shooting you couldn't actually aim properly at them. But oh well. I never found Sweet and Ryder to be a bad aim in "Drive-By", but I found Big Smoke to be terrible. I also couldn't duck down to speed up, so keeping up with the Train was occasionally annoying. Just do the mission over and over and find out your best way, and stick to it. You should eventually get it. I only just killed the last guy before failure.

You will eventually do a mission wich involves taking over territory and after that you will be able to take over territory when ever you want.At the moment i have taken over half of Los Santos.I wonder if you get anything if you take over the entire city.

After the mission "Doberman" you can take over territory at will, all you have to do is find a group of the opposing gang and kill them and that will start the gang war. It comes in three waves, each with a few more people and minorly increased difficulty. I have completely wiped out the ballas, but I'm not too concerned about the other gang in Los Santos at the moment.

After you do the "Green Sabre" mission can you still go back and take over territory in Los Santos?

Well,right now i have taken over the entire city.Got nothing except money icon at the Johnson house.
And i belive that the Green Sabre mission is the last mission in Los Santos.After that you won't be able to take over anything anymore.Atleast not for a while.I haven't gotten to that point yet but that's what i heard.

GTChamp2003
Well,right now i have taken over the entire city.Got nothing except money icon at the Johnson house.
And i belive that the Green Sabre mission is the last mission in Los Santos.After that you won't be able to take over anything anymore.Atleast not for a while.I haven't gotten to that point yet but that's what i heard.
People keep saying that you need to take over the whole of Los Santos before you complete the green saber mission. I don't think this is true, i only took over 3 territories and lost one, and i had about $1000 in my pocket when i left LS, and im doing fine in the country.
I tell you what though its bloody hard to get money, unless you want to spend alot of time, doing Taxi missions and things.
But once you get into the country more lucrative money making oportunities present themselves.

It wasn't hard for me to get my 1.4 million. Just go horse betting for ~10 minutes maybe and if you know what to do then you'll make some paper.

You do not have to take over the whole of Los Santos before you do the Green Sabre mission. My roommate didn't take over any other than what you got in Doberman and he is doing quite fine in San Fierro.

I now have the ablility to burglarize(sp) houses now here are the questions:

1. Do you have to use the black Boxville or a regular one?

2. Which houses can you burglarize?

Well, you can burglarize only at night. Once you have the van, which is located near the Gym, beside it, around the blue buildings. The houses that can be broken into will have yellow arrow, to show you that you can still things.

I hate that noise meter in the house.

Yes I am pretty sure you do have to. I assume it would be like a taxi mission or something where they have the dots on the map, but I have not done the burglary missions yet, all I know for sure is that they have to be done at night.

I now have the ablility to burglarize(sp) houses now here are the questions:

2. Which houses can you burglarize?

1. Only the Boxville across the gym in Los Santos.

2. All Houses!

Where is flight school?

Its in Las Venturas, **SPOLIER!!***

After a couple missions from Mike, he suggest to buy the air strip. You can purchase it for 80 000$. After you have to complete the Flight School to continue doing missions for mike and The Truth.

yo what do you have to do for the horse racing thing, tap x, that worked like once but then never again, and thanks for telling me where the burglatory van thing is

(yes i know its a gay name, very old

You can buglarize most houses but not all I didnt think, only the ones that have that yellow thing at the door when you start the burglar missions.

Back