Help with f1

  • Thread starter Thread starter Eric-
  • 16 comments
  • 1,224 views
Messages
8
Messages
LLL-L23DLIN3-LLL
I cant win the f1 race on extreme A-spec can fym 1 sugest symthing to help me win?
 
I can suggest the fantastic search button if you require such help :)
 
X1 makes it super easy

FGT: refine your technique, you should be able to beat em, the AI is slow and unwilling to take risks.
 
X1 makes it super easy

FGT: refine your technique, you should be able to beat em, the AI is slow and unwilling to take risks.

X1? I'm pretty sure that car can't enter that champ.
 
X1? I'm pretty sure that car can't enter that champ.

Probably because the BMW X1 isnt in GT5

bmw_x1.jpg


Your move :lol:
 
My advice would be to practice the tracks in the FGT championship before you enter the full championship, this way you will get a feel for how fast you can drive the FGT round each track.

Once you feel confident enter the championship, and remember if you make a mistake dont quit the race, keep with it and it's not that hard to catch the pack back up (may take a few laps but you will catch them)

There was a thread on here once which gave some good tunes for each indevidual track in the FGT championship but I cant find it anymore 👍

ps; get used to people saying "use the search button" and "check your spelling" it happens here a lot :crazy:
 
ps; get used to people saying "use the search button" and "check your spelling" it happens here a lot :crazy:

That's very true ... On this occassion I just couldn't resist :P
 
Try this tune:

1. Aerodynamics: 70, 90

Transmission: 242

LSD: 15, 40, 45

Suspension
Ride Height: -6, -4
Spring Rate: 17.6, 17.3
Dampers Ext: 8, 8
Dampers Comp: 6, 6
Anti-Roll Bar: 7, 7

Wheel Alignment
Camber Angle: 2.0, 1.0
Toe Angle: -0.30, -0.20

Brake Balance: 4, 1


Driving Assists *Note*These are more or less crucial to this tuning being worthwhile, although your preferences may be slightly different

Transmission: Auto <---This lets you concentrate purely on your driving line and avoids red-lining due to human error

Tires: Racing Soft

Traction Control: 8 <---Let's you hammer the gas hard at any time, but still accelerate fast enough

Skid Recovery Force: On <---Helps keep skidding in check obviously

Active Steering: Mild <---This is critical. Because the AI turns so sharply, I gave the car's tuning some adjustments towards oversteer. This does let you turn sharp enough to beat the AI, but you need Mild Active Steering to keep the car stable and easy to drive. I wouldn't go to the Strong setting, however, it'll more or less cause you to understeer and make the whole thing pointless.

ABS: 4 <---Gives you a bit of oversteer when you smash the brakes, but not enough to actually spin you out.


Take advantage of the stability you'll have due to all the assists and you should be able to slam that thing around pretty fast once you get used to it. Also, figure out braking, because you can break shockingly late with this setup and have total control. I found that I could use the transmission setting of 242 to always catch up a bit in the straights, then brake late into the turns to pass.

Also, I found that the aforementioned oversteer caused by heaving braking can be used to your advantage. With that Mild Active Steering and ABS, you're so stable that you can basically skid into a corner and wind up facing exactly where you want to much easier than normal. This takes some getting used to though, so be warned.

That is not my tune but cheers to whoever made it. It worked wonders. :)
 
Try this tune:

1. Aerodynamics: 70, 90

Transmission: 242

LSD: 15, 40, 45

Suspension
Ride Height: -6, -4
Spring Rate: 17.6, 17.3
Dampers Ext: 8, 8
Dampers Comp: 6, 6
Anti-Roll Bar: 7, 7

Wheel Alignment
Camber Angle: 2.0, 1.0
Toe Angle: -0.30, -0.20

Brake Balance: 4, 1


Driving Assists *Note*These are more or less crucial to this tuning being worthwhile, although your preferences may be slightly different

Transmission: Auto <---This lets you concentrate purely on your driving line and avoids red-lining due to human error

Tires: Racing Soft

Traction Control: 8 <---Let's you hammer the gas hard at any time, but still accelerate fast enough

Skid Recovery Force: On <---Helps keep skidding in check obviously

Active Steering: Mild <---This is critical. Because the AI turns so sharply, I gave the car's tuning some adjustments towards oversteer. This does let you turn sharp enough to beat the AI, but you need Mild Active Steering to keep the car stable and easy to drive. I wouldn't go to the Strong setting, however, it'll more or less cause you to understeer and make the whole thing pointless.

ABS: 4 <---Gives you a bit of oversteer when you smash the brakes, but not enough to actually spin you out.


Take advantage of the stability you'll have due to all the assists and you should be able to slam that thing around pretty fast once you get used to it. Also, figure out braking, because you can break shockingly late with this setup and have total control. I found that I could use the transmission setting of 242 to always catch up a bit in the straights, then brake late into the turns to pass.

Also, I found that the aforementioned oversteer caused by heaving braking can be used to your advantage. With that Mild Active Steering and ABS, you're so stable that you can basically skid into a corner and wind up facing exactly where you want to much easier than normal. This takes some getting used to though, so be warned.

That is not my tune but cheers to whoever made it. It worked wonders. :)
There is a set-up by Fumes from GT4 that I used for most of the FGT races (except the last one, where I used the setup listed above).

Search the Tuning forum for some more appropriate tunes.
 
I can win all the FGT races with ease for the most part, however Cote d'Azur killed me. I placed 10th and that was mostly because the 10th place car crashed and I was able to pass =\

I was using default tuning except for the transmission, I think I had it set to 236/242 from the previous race.
 
Back