If it were me, I'd strip back the cables and just rejoin them using connector strip, or solder if you have an iron, was it plugged in while Fido was having a munch?
If it were me, I'd strip back the cables and just rejoin them using connector strip, or solder if you have an iron, was it plugged in while Fido was having a munch?
I am not sure, I plugged it in today to play and all the wheel would do is turn to the right a little bit. then i looked at the cable and it was all messed up..
You should be able to mend it, strip back the wire and reconnect them using electrical tape or wire caps. You could solder but I don't think that's really necessary.
I would also make sure to get all the cables you can out of your dog's reach, and perhaps try spraying some bitter apple or other animal repellant on the ones you can't keep off the floor.
Heres a link to a better explaination of re-attaching the cable, good luck!
I would solder them back. Electrical taping between wires after soldering and then taping around the whole bundle when you're done.
Wire caps don't work real well on small wires, and tape is a poor connection material for wire. It's only meant for covering up connections, not making them.
Can i take this somewhere so that someone else does it? I am looking to buy a new one but its sold out/ on back order.
Edit: would geek squad be able to do that?
So the G27 does not use a standard connector on both ends? That seems odd.
I do not know about making a splice in the cable. It might work ok but then again it might pick up interferance. I am not that knowledgable about the USB cable spec but most high speed data cables need to be shielded. Soldering the connections and taping them would breach the shielding and allow electrical interferance into the conductors if present.