Help with Online Viper

• Thread starter fordracer
  • 44 comments
United States
United States
I have only tuned 2 cars for online races and would like to run a new Viper Tune. It has good grip, I suspect the gear package is the problem. I run 1:07.8xx's and .9xx's. Looking for just over a second a lap on 3 laps. I have gotten this far tuning in the International B GT All-Stars Championship....here is the tune. This is for the 550pp Quick match at High Speed Ring.

Viper GTS '02

Paint:
Rims: Std size

PP: 550
HP: 507
WEIGHT:
WEIGHT DIST: 49:51
TIRE(S): SS

GT Auto:
Oil Change - No
Rigidity Improvement - No
Front Aero - Type A
Wing - no

Flat Floor - no
Other - no

SUSPENSION: Full Custom // Brakes: Racing
RIDE HEIGHT - 90/95
SPRINGS - 11.65/12.40
COMP - 6/6
EXT - 7/6
ARB - 7/5
CAMBER - 0.3/0.0
TOE - +0.05/-0.04
BRAKES - 7/6

TRANS: Full Custom (install all power upgrades first!)
FINAL TO - 5.000
TOP SPEED TO -143mph
1ST - 2.187
2ND - 1.578
3RD - 1.225
4TH - 1.014
5TH - 0.878
6TH - 0.744
7TH - n/a
FINAL - 3.20 (not sure exactly how I got here)
(^^^Adjust for top speed here)

LSD: Full Custom
INITIAL - 8
ACCEL - 10
DECEL - 10

CLUTCH TYPE: Triple plate
CARBON SHAFT: yes
TORQUE CENTERING DIFF: n/a

POWER PARTS:
ENGINE TUNING - Standard
COMPUTER - Standard
EXHAUST - Sports
MANIFOLD - Standard
CATALYTIC CONVERTER - Sports
INTAKE TUNING - Installed
SUPERCHARGER/TURBO - no
POWER LIMITER - 97.7

WEIGHT REDUCTION - Stage 3
CARBON HOOD - Body Color
WINDOW WEIGHT - Installed

BALLAST - 20kg
Position- -50
DOWNFORCE - n/a

NOTE:

EDIT: The changes are in bold from the OP. Much smoother and way faster. Turns well and is competitive. Won several races and set fastest lap more than once. 1:04.000 was the best lap I set, (in the draft of course) and 3:31.995 was the best race. Let me know how it works,

Last edited:
This tune and my own transmission I did a 1:07.847 in Free Run, and I think I go and race it in the
550pp Quick match at High Speed Ring. I made no other changes to the car.

Edit: I went to the Quick Match (550PP) race it still need a bit of work to be done to the gears, is what you are having trouble with ?. We should have a Quick Match tomorrow sometime.

Last edited:
Thats about where I was. Not so much any trouble as just need more speed. I have now pulled the front air dam and waiting to re-test. Was hoping some one may have a brilliant idea for some gears. Then again.....maybe I'm trying to run a mule in a thoughbreed race!

I have only tuned 2 cars for online races and would like to run a new Viper Tune. It has good grip, I suspect the gear package is the problem. I run 1:07.8xx's and .9xx's. Looking for just over a second a lap on 3 laps. I have gotten this far tuning in the International B GT All-Stars Championship....here is the tune. This is for the 550pp Quick match at High Speed Ring.

Viper GTS '02

Paint:

WEIGHT:

GT Auto:
Oil Change - No
Front Aero - Type A
Wing - no

Flat Floor - no
Other - no

RIDE HEIGHT - 95/95
SPRINGS - 11.30/12.00
COMP - 7/6
EXT - 6/5
ARB - 7/4
CAMBER - 1.5/1.5
TOE - +0.03/-0.03
BRAKES - 7/6

FINAL TO - 4.000
TOP SPEED TO - 186mph
1ST - 2.615
2ND - 1.773
3RD - 1.299
4TH - 0.998
5TH - 0.804
6TH - 0.679
7TH - n/a
FINAL - 3.440

INITIAL - 10
ACCEL - 10
DECEL - 10

POWER PARTS:
ENGINE TUNING - Standard
COMPUTER - Standard
EXHAUST - Semi-racing
MANIFOLD - Standard
CATALYTIC CONVERTER - Standard
SUPERCHARGER/TURBO - no
POWER LIMITER - 99.6%

CARBON HOOD - Body Color

BALLAST - 20kg
Position- -50
DOWNFORCE - n/a

NOTE:
Sadly, I think this is just a slow Viper if that's possible. Try throwing the same exact setup on the 03 SRT10 and see if your time doesn't drop. I think PD magic have the 03 More grip. Just my thought.

I figure to compete in the online quick match it will have to be atleast 1:06.000. Hope your having better luck than me.....I keep going slower!

@fordracer the GTS '02 is the dog of the non-test vipers.
Take @Bowtie-muscle sugggestion and switch cars.
Also for the transmission do the following.
IFG Full right 5.000 or 5.500
Top Speed 1 or 2 clicks up from Min
Gears All full right (largest number)
Final set to hit Self Sustained top speed at HSR to finish in the longest straight at the end of 5th gear (shift point) So you have full 6th gear for drafting.
Weight and power I'd go Stage 2 with some ballast to get more power and better car balance.

Viper GTS '02

Paint:

HP: 510
WEIGHT:1260
WEIGHT DIST: 48:52
TIRE(S): SH

GT Auto:
Oil Change - No
Front Aero - Type A
Wing - no

Flat Floor - no
Other - no

RIDE HEIGHT - 85/85
SPRINGS - 9.50/11.80
COMP - 5/5
EXT - 6/6
ARB - 4/3
CAMBER - 0.5/1.5
TOE - 0.00/0.15
BRAKES - 4/4

FINAL TO - 4.000
TOP SPEED TO - 186mph
1ST - 2.615
2ND - 1.773
3RD - 1.299
4TH - 0.998
5TH - 0.804
6TH - 0.679
7TH - n/a
FINAL - 3.240

INITIAL - 16
ACCEL - 18
DECEL - 14

POWER PARTS:
ENGINE TUNING - Standard
COMPUTER - Standard
EXHAUST - Semi-racing
MANIFOLD - Standard
SUPERCHARGER/TURBO - no
POWER LIMITER - 98.6%

CARBON HOOD - Standard

BALLAST - 0kg
Position- 0
DOWNFORCE - n/a

NOTE: Logitech G25

Switched to an '06, Hall90, going to do a short test on it.
This Viper GTS '02 is a big fat dog for the 550PP Quick Match, because I been on it a few times and I thought it will be competitive but it is to slow, I will change to the '06 and see how that car goes.

This Viper GTS '02 is a big fat dog for the 550PP Quick Match, because I been on it a few times and I thought it will be competitive but it is to slow, I will change to the '06 and see how that car goes.
The '06 is packing some extra weight to go with that extra power. Its back to the drawing board for it. The '03 is in the same boat I think.

Viper GTS '02

Paint:

HP: 510
WEIGHT:1260
WEIGHT DIST: 48:52
TIRE(S): SH

GT Auto:
Oil Change - No
Front Aero - Type A
Wing - no

Flat Floor - no
Other - no

RIDE HEIGHT - 85/85
SPRINGS - 9.50/11.80
COMP - 5/5
EXT - 6/6
ARB - 4/3
CAMBER - 0.5/1.5
TOE - 0.00/0.15
BRAKES - 4/4

FINAL TO - 4.000
TOP SPEED TO - 186mph
1ST - 2.615
2ND - 1.773
3RD - 1.299
4TH - 0.998
5TH - 0.804
6TH - 0.679
7TH - n/a
FINAL - 3.240

INITIAL - 16
ACCEL - 18
DECEL - 14

POWER PARTS:
ENGINE TUNING - Standard
COMPUTER - Standard
EXHAUST - Semi-racing
MANIFOLD - Standard
SUPERCHARGER/TURBO - no
POWER LIMITER - 98.6%

CARBON HOOD - Standard

BALLAST - 0kg
Position- 0
DOWNFORCE - n/a

NOTE: Logitech G25
Thanks. I will give this a try. May try your gear package too. Thanks again

The '06 is packing some extra weight to go with that extra power. Its back to the drawing board for it. The '03 is in the same boat I think.
I have not tried the '06, and you say the '03 is in the same boat and what other Viper is there to dry.

@fordracer the GTS '02 is the dog of the non-test vipers.
Take @Bowtie-muscle sugggestion and switch cars.
Also for the transmission do the following.
IFG Full right 5.000 or 5.500
Top Speed 1 or 2 clicks up from Min
Gears All full right (largest number)
Final set to hit Self Sustained top speed at HSR to finish in the longest straight at the end of 5th gear (shift point) So you have full 6th gear for drafting.
Weight and power I'd go Stage 2 with some ballast to get more power and better car balance.
I'll give this trans. build a try. Was reading your thread on this...just hadnt got to it yet. Good info. Thanks bud.

I'm going to put the air dam back on and try the tune Kartaru posted, then try a couple different gear packages. If no change, well....then I guess the GT40 comes back outta the shop.

The GT40 looks very good one to do for the 550PP Quick Match, than the poor Viper car.
Ya, probably. I was just letting my stubborn streak show. Just wanted something different than the EU exotics everyone is running. I really thought the '02 had a shot.

Ya, probably. I was just letting my stubborn streak show. Just wanted something different than the EU exotics everyone is running. I really thought the '02 had a shot.
I really thought the Viper would have a good show for that event but it is not fast enough, I will try another Viper tonight to see if we can get it to win the event, is that what you are aiming for ?.

I really thought the Viper would have a good show for that event but it is not fast enough, I will try another Viper tonight to see if we can get it to win the event, is that what you are aiming for ?.
I would settle for competive, even just close. 2.5 seconds back leaves it fighting mid-pack.

Hmm fastest 550 car there is....
Ford GT would be pretty quick, Vipers might have a chance on the straights but they will loose it in the turns.
Tried any of the GTRs? You can over toe them to get them to rotate and they have the grip and power.
Raw over all McClairen MP12-c

Hmm fastest 550 car there is....
Ford GT would be pretty quick, Vipers might have a chance on the straights but they will loose it in the turns.
Tried any of the GTRs? You can over toe them to get them to rotate and they have the grip and power.
The "02 was accually gaining back ground in the turns, just couldn't get enough straight line speed. I think the power/weight=pp equation used must be a little stingy on these cars. All ready have my GT40 at 1:06.400. Guess I'll go that direction.....till my stubborn streak takes over again! Love the Vipers...had to try.

The "02 was accually gaining back ground in the turns, just couldn't get enough straight line speed. I think the power/weight=pp equation used must be a little stingy on these cars. All ready have my GT40 at 1:06.400. Guess I'll go that direction.....till my stubborn streak takes over again! Love the Vipers...had to try.
06 Z06 is wicked fast at 550pp, just saying :sly:

Updated the original tune if someone wants to try it. It is MUCH faster and turns better. I found it to be competitive. If you have already built a car, the changes are in bold. This was tuned at the current 550pp Quick Match. Interested in any feed back.

Viper GTS '02

Paint:

WEIGHT:

GT Auto:
Oil Change - No
Front Aero - Type A
Wing - no

Flat Floor - no
Other - no

RIDE HEIGHT - 90/95
SPRINGS - 11.65/12.40
COMP - 6/6
EXT - 7/6
ARB - 7/5
CAMBER - 0.3/0.0
TOE - +0.05/-0.04
BRAKES - 7/6

FINAL TO - 5.000
TOP SPEED TO -143mph
1ST - 2.187
2ND - 1.578
3RD - 1.225
4TH - 1.014
5TH - 0.878
6TH - 0.744
7TH - n/a
FINAL - 3.20 (not sure exactly how I got here)

INITIAL - 8
ACCEL - 10
DECEL - 10

POWER PARTS:
ENGINE TUNING - Standard
COMPUTER - Standard
EXHAUST - Semi-racing
MANIFOLD - Standard
CATALYTIC CONVERTER - Sports
SUPERCHARGER/TURBO - no
POWER LIMITER - 97.7

CARBON HOOD - Body Color

BALLAST - 20kg
Position- -50
DOWNFORCE - n/a

NOTE:

EDIT: The changes are in bold from the OP. Much smoother and way faster. Turns well and is competitive. Won several races and set fastest lap more than once. 1:04.000 was the best lap I set, (in the draft of course) and 3:31.995 was the best race. Let me know how it works,
Putting CATALYTIC CONVERTER - Sports and EXHAUST - Semi-racing and that brings it up to 554PP with the power limiter set at 97.7, I got CATALYTIC CONVERTER - Sports and EXHAUST - Sports Exhaust and that takes it to 550PP, can you check this.

I tested this tune in Free Run with your new changes to the car and it is half a second faster than the original tune. I was going to try this car in Quick Match but there was not enough players but I will try the event tomorrow.

Last edited:
Back