Help with Online Viper

• Thread starter fordracer
  • 44 comments
I have a Viper, an old tune that I tried on 550PP quick match at HSR, it did 1:06s low during warm up, but having bad luck with crazy drivers in the 1st lap and got DC :(

Putting CATALYTIC CONVERTER - Sports and EXHAUST - Semi-racing and that brings it up to 554PP with the power limiter set at 97.7, I got CATALYTIC CONVERTER - Sports and EXHAUST - Sports Exhaust and that takes it to 550PP, can you check this.

I tested this tune in Free Run with your new changes to the car and it is half a second faster than the original tune. I was going to try this car in Quick Match but there was not enough players but I will try the event tomorrow.
Yep, your correct Hall90, will get that changed. Thanks.

I have a Viper, an old tune that I tried on 550PP quick match at HSR, it did 1:06s low during warm up, but having bad luck with crazy drivers in the 1st lap and got DC :(
:lol: 👍 Ya, know what you mean. The GT40 I built was faster and was really having a blast...till the others discovered all they had to do was bump it and away it would go. Thats one of the things that brought me back to this car. I had learned enough to see it was competitive with most of the racers I was running with, and if they wanted to do that "DAYS OF THUNDER" type racing, I needed some thing a little more stable. They bump this, and their car heads for the wall! It drafts well and is stable in the draft. Funny thing is, it races way better that it tests. Even warm laps are tame,mid 1:06's, yet in races i did turn in a 1:04.000 best lap.

:lol: 👍 Ya, know what you mean. The GT40 I built was faster and was really having a blast...till the others discovered all they had to do was bump it and away it would go. Thats one of the things that brought me back to this car. I had learned enough to see it was competitive with most of the racers I was running with, and if they wanted to do that "DAYS OF THUNDER" type racing, I needed some thing a little more stable. They bump this, and their car heads for the wall! It drafts well and is stable in the draft. Funny thing is, it races way better that it tests. Even warm laps are tame,mid 1:06's, yet in races i did turn in a 1:04.000 best lap.

:lol: dirty racers every where, I had Mclaren MP4-12C that did 1:07s and Suzuki GSXR ( annoying ) that did 1:05s on 2nd lap when I watch them. I got punted hard on entry to the esses after the bridge on the very 1st lap.

My '02 Viper is based on replica, so not really meant for racing, the only part that is optimized is the gear ratios, it's well spaced close ratio, with 1st gear set for standing start, and holding low speed corners with 2nd gear.

I will post the setup if you wanted to try the suspension and gear ratios :) It has 513HP, 1280kg, 48/52 with ballast optimized for balance allowing stable handling on the 1st and last banked turns.

Sure, if your not ready for it to be posted,pm it. The gear package really made a big difference here.
:lol: dirty racers every where, I had Mclaren MP4-12C that did 1:07s and Suzuki GSXR ( annoying ) that did 1:05s on 2nd lap when I watch them. I got punted hard on entry to the esses after the bridge on the very 1st lap.
Ya,found a few of those types too! Unfortunately for them, its stable enough to not spin, and fast enough to run them back down....a little nudge entering the S's before the tunnel seemed to deliver the message. Nobody rooted or bumped it outta the way on purpose more than twice! (you know how some can be...just can't believe it the first time) :lol:

Sure, if your not ready for it to be posted,pm it. The gear package really made a big difference here.

Ya,found a few of those types too! Unfortunately for them, its stable enough to not spin, and fast enough to run them back down....a little nudge entering the S's before the tunnel seemed to deliver the message. Nobody rooted or bumped it outta the way on purpose more than twice! (you know how some can be...just can't believe it the first time) :lol:

I'm not on PS3 now, but I will be able to post it in about 10 hours. I can also provide replay ( offline ) to see the lines and speeds :)

How do you take the last banked turn leading to the main straight ? I took the outside line holding it at stable speed ( around 200+kmh or 123+mph ) which is the quickest way IMO.

With a clean lap and good pace, the Viper could do 1:05s offline and online quick match warm up ( solo )

I've been running a "central line", power through, and it washes up near the curbing, exit speeds about the same as yours.

I've been running a "central line", power through, and it washes up near the curbing, exit speeds about the same as yours.

Mmm, if you watched my replay I think it will be easier :) I have no issue on exit, usually around 210+kmh or 130mph, as I can full on throttle a bit early.

Try take it from the high line, near the white line on the right, if the car sorted, you can hold it there till the exit with full throttle.

I added a Rear Wing to your Viper '02 a Custom Rear Wing- Wing Stray: B Wing: B Winglets: B Downforce: 17 and I change the transmission to suit the track.

FINAL TO - 3.570
TOP SPEED TO - 124mph
1ST - 3.306
2ND - 2.612
3RD - 2.064
4TH - 1.696
5TH - 1.428
6TH - 1.230
7TH - n/a
FINAL - 2.000
these are the only changes I have made to your tune, in Quick Match my best lap was 1:05.854 you can try this if you like.

Dodge Viper GTS '02 520PS 550PP Online/Offline Race Tune
QUICK MATCH 550PP at HIGH SPEED RING

Special Build Viper GTS '02 Online/Offline Race Tune
Comfort Soft to Sports Soft

High Speed Ring_7.jpg

CAR : SRT VIPER GTS '02
Tire : Comfort Soft to Sports Soft

Specs 550PP
Horsepower: 513 HP / 520PS at 5500 RPM
Torque: 514.1 ft-lb at 4500 RPM
Power Limiter at : 99.0%
Weight: 1280 kg
Ballast : 20 kg
Ballast Position : 19
Weight Distribution : 48 / 52
Performance Points: 550

GT AUTO
NO Oil change
Improve Body Rigidity ( NOT INSTALLED )
Wheels : Standard Size Stock
Car Paint : Competition Yellow Mica or Hemi Orange
or Monaco Orange or Hugger Orange or Viper Red or Spectrum White Pearl or Imperial Blue or GT6 Polarized 016

Tuning Parts Installed :
Racing Exhaust
Catalytic Converter Sports
Adjustable LSD
Twin Plate Clutch
Carbon Drive Shaft
Fully Customizable Suspension
Full Customizable Dog Clutch Transmission
Weight Reduction Stage 3
Window Weight Reduction
Racing Brakes Kit

Suspension - Viper SRT '02 Base Coupe Spring Adapted
Viper Alignment
Optimal Race Height and Damper

Front, Rear

Ride Height: 92 92
Spring Rate: 5.79 12.87
Dampers (Compression): 6 6
Dampers (Extension): 3 5
Anti-Roll Bars: 5 4
Camber Angle: 1.4 1.1
Toe Angle: 0.10 0.10
OPTIONAL RIDE HEIGHT 92 82 ( more turn in but less stable on banked turns, use rear 87 for middle compromise )

DOG CLUTCH TRANSMISSION - Custom Close Ratio 6 Speed Adapting Holinger RD6

Install all power parts
Set Default
Set Final to 4.275
Set Auto Max Speed at 200kmh / 124mph
Adjust each gear :
1st 2.846
2nd 2.100
3rd 1.631
4th 1.338
5th 1.097
6th 0.902
Set Final 2.630 - set for rocket standing start launch from 1st gear and good top speed at 205mph/330kmh

OPTIONAL ALTERNATE GEAR RATIO USING HOLINGER RD6 Ratios :

1st 2.860
2nd 2.094
3rd 1.610
4th 1.342
5th 1.092
6th 0.884
Final 2.630
Offers similar performance but using real life gear ratios from Holinger RD6 Catalogue.
OPTIONAL 6th GEAR FOR DRAFT/SLIPSTREAM : 0.832 or 0.844

LSD GKN ViscoLok

Initial Torque : 15
Acceleration Sensitivity: 27
Braking Sensitivity: 5

Brake Balance:
2/3 ( personal BB) or for ABS 0 wheel : 2/3, for ABS 1 - feel free to use your preferred brake balance.

Recommended setting for DS3 user :

Steering sensitivity at +1 or +2, all aids off, except ABS 1 ( if not comfortable with ABS 0 ) with 2/3 brake balance as starting point.

Notes :

This build is based on Viper '02 replica using real life spring rate for stock Viper as reference, the GT6 spring can't get low enough, I used the lowest possible while still maintaining the ratio. It worked really well for both the road car replica on comfort tires and this racing build on sports soft.

I have provided alternative ride height, use it with caution at High Speed Ring, although it allows better turn in, the lower rear height can cause loss of rear traction when going too low ( inside ) on the banked turns.
The ride height at 92mm is optimal for High Speed Ring and the car setup, it gives stable ride on banked turns.

The camber and toe still uses road Viper alignment, feel free to zero all of them if you wish ( this should free up the car )

The gear ratio as base is custom based on Holinger RD6, but I also provide the real RD6 ratio to be used as optional/alternative.
The 1st gear has been set for rocket standing start launch, simply rev and hold at redline and it even will launch from dead stop at idle rpm.
Final is set at 2.63, this is low enough to give the 1st gear good launch while keeping top speed pretty high at 205mph / 320kmh.

Gearing is well spread, ideal shift point at just over 6000RPM ( 6200-6400 RPM ), use 2nd gear if needed for lower speed cornering like the esses before the tunnel at High Speed Ring ( after the bridge )
Alternate 6tth gear also has been provided, these 2 lower ratio will give more top speed, use them if you are hitting revlimit when drafting.

- OPTIONAL - For even better rotation and rear traction, move ballast to 25, this will increase PP by 1, use limiter to lower power to 512HP ( 98.9% limiter ).

Tested offline and online, both at High Speed Ring, able to lap in low 1:06s solo ( without draft ) both online quick match warm up session and offline time trial on SS tire.

Replay has been provided, done offline at HSR on SS, time at 1:06.3xx with room for improvement for possible 1:05s without draft/solo. Watch it to see which line taken for the banked turns :)

Attachments

• Viper1m6sHighSpeedRingSS.zip
    279.6 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:
These are really fast 550pp cars:
1. Honda HSC
2. Lamborghini Miura
3. Mazda RX8
4. Subaru Impreza 22B
5. GTR R35

I'm making a tune for the '99 Viper GTS, going to test it in a quick match.
Well, the fastest lap i've hit in the '99 GTS so far is a 1.04.922! But in most runs im getting around 1.07's. This is because i'm making tiny mistakes like going too wide or getting hit by a noob etc...

Last edited:
Dodge Viper GTS '02 520PS 550PP Online/Offline Race Tune
QUICK MATCH 550PP at HIGH SPEED RING

Special Build Viper GTS '02 Online/Offline Race Tune
Comfort Soft to Sports Soft

CAR : SRT VIPER GTS '02
Tire : Comfort Soft to Sports Soft

Specs 550PP
Horsepower: 513 HP / 520PS at 5500 RPM
Torque: 514.1 ft-lb at 4500 RPM
Power Limiter at : 99.0%
Weight: 1280 kg
Ballast : 20 kg
Ballast Position : 19
Weight Distribution : 48 / 52
Performance Points: 550

GT AUTO
NO Oil change
Improve Body Rigidity ( NOT INSTALLED )
Wheels : Standard Size Stock
Car Paint : Competition Yellow Mica or Hemi Orange
or Monaco Orange or Hugger Orange or Viper Red or Spectrum White Pearl or Imperial Blue or GT6 Polarized 016

Tuning Parts Installed :
Racing Exhaust
Catalytic Converter Sports
Adjustable LSD
Twin Plate Clutch
Carbon Drive Shaft
Fully Customizable Suspension
Full Customizable Dog Clutch Transmission
Weight Reduction Stage 3
Window Weight Reduction
Racing Brakes Kit

Suspension - Viper SRT '02 Base Coupe Spring Adapted
Viper Alignment
Optimal Race Height and Damper

Front, Rear

Ride Height: 92 92
Spring Rate: 5.79 12.87
Dampers (Compression): 6 6
Dampers (Extension): 3 5
Anti-Roll Bars: 5 4
Camber Angle: 1.4 1.1
Toe Angle: 0.10 0.10
OPTIONAL RIDE HEIGHT 92 82 ( more turn in but less stable on banked turns, use rear 87 for middle compromise )

DOG CLUTCH TRANSMISSION - Custom Close Ratio 6 Speed Adapting Holinger RD6

Install all power parts
Set Default
Set Final to 4.275
Set Auto Max Speed at 200kmh / 124mph
Adjust each gear :
1st 2.846
2nd 2.100
3rd 1.631
4th 1.338
5th 1.097
6th 0.902
Set Final 2.630 - set for rocket standing start launch from 1st gear and good top speed at 205mph/330kmh

OPTIONAL ALTERNATE GEAR RATIO USING HOLINGER RD6 Ratios :

1st 2.860
2nd 2.094
3rd 1.610
4th 1.342
5th 1.092
6th 0.884
Final 2.630
Offers similar performance but using real life gear ratios from Holinger RD6 Catalogue.
OPTIONAL 6th GEAR FOR DRAFT/SLIPSTREAM : 0.832 or 0.844

LSD GKN ViscoLok

Initial Torque : 15
Acceleration Sensitivity: 27
Braking Sensitivity: 5

Brake Balance:
2/3 ( personal BB) or for ABS 0 wheel : 2/3, for ABS 1 - feel free to use your preferred brake balance.

Recommended setting for DS3 user :

Steering sensitivity at +1 or +2, all aids off, except ABS 1 ( if not comfortable with ABS 0 ) with 2/3 brake balance as starting point.

Notes :

This build is based on Viper '02 replica using real life spring rate for stock Viper as reference, the GT6 spring can't get low enough, I used the lowest possible while still maintaining the ratio. It worked really well for both the road car replica on comfort tires and this racing build on sports soft.

I have provided alternative ride height, use it with caution at High Speed Ring, although it allows better turn in, the lower rear height can cause loss of rear traction when going too low ( inside ) on the banked turns.
The ride height at 92mm is optimal for High Speed Ring and the car setup, it gives stable ride on banked turns.

The camber and toe still uses road Viper alignment, feel free to zero all of them if you wish ( this should free up the car )

The gear ratio as base is custom based on Holinger RD6, but I also provide the real RD6 ratio to be used as optional/alternative.
The 1st gear has been set for rocket standing start launch, simply rev and hold at redline and it even will launch from dead stop at idle rpm.
Final is set at 2.63, this is low enough to give the 1st gear good launch while keeping top speed pretty high at 205mph / 320kmh.

Gearing is well spread, ideal shift point at just over 6000RPM ( 6200-6400 RPM ), use 2nd gear if needed for lower speed cornering like the esses before the tunnel at High Speed Ring ( after the bridge )
Alternate 6tth gear also has been provided, these 2 lower ratio will give more top speed, use them if you are hitting revlimit when drafting.

- OPTIONAL - For even better rotation and rear traction, move ballast to 25, this will increase PP by 1, use limiter to lower power to 512HP ( 98.9% limiter ).

Tested offline and online, both at High Speed Ring, able to lap in low 1:06s solo ( without draft ) both online quick match warm up session and offline time trial on SS tire.

Replay has been provided, done offline at HSR on SS, time at 1:06.3xx with room for improvement for possible 1:05s without draft/solo. Watch it to see which line taken for the banked turns :)

I went and ran it. Drove well....I never matched your speed, however, I couldn't get it to race well. The gear package was perfect and add it to my car and picked up .750 second. Was very surprised at the camber amount, and it worked well. Handled the banked corners nicely, it was the LSD and the S's that were my down fall with this tune. Thanks for posting it.

I thank you all for your ideas and thoughts. The car is getting faster. It is looking like a community effort, as all had a piece of the puzzle. Will let you all know when I get it sorted out.

I went and ran it. Drove well....I never matched your speed, however, I couldn't get it to race well. The gear package was perfect and add it to my car and picked up .750 second. Was very surprised at the camber amount, and it worked well. Handled the banked corners nicely, it was the LSD and the S's that were my down fall with this tune. Thanks for posting it.

Take the best part of tunes and combine them to suit your style :) I gave several options to cater different style ( lower rear ride height, more rearward ballast ) Did you tried the high line for the last banked turn ? What I like about the Viper is I was able to exit the esses/enter the tunnel easily and maintain the line on the banked turns with ease.

LSD, yeah, running lower accel and initial makes it a lot easier to throttle around corners :D

Glad the tune can help :cheers:

Back