Hennessey Venom GT 2012

Canada
Okanagan, BC
sailworksman
sailworksman
Hennessey-Venom-GT_1.jpg

Just three World’s Fastest Edition cars are being built and have already been sold at a price of $1.25 million U.S. This makes the Venom GT WFE not only the fastest but also one of the rarest supercars ever built.

1zcn5hy.jpg

Since this now the fastest production car in the world, there is no point in the Bugatti Veyron anymore.
Veyron was always meh for me.

Vw: "hrm yers well it takes an 8 litre 16 cylinder engine with four turbos to get a thousand HP and it needs all the best technology and tires and specially designed aerodynamics otherwise we simply can't hit 250 mph"

Reality: a tuner company gets an engine with half the cylinders and turbos, and yet more power than the w16, and simply places it in a lotus exige bodyshell, and BOOM; 270 MPH

Also the veyron super sport had it's top speed record stripped of it because the other vehicles had a limiter installed.

Smug normal person in 2014 (e.g. Me): so, you just bought a veyron?
Congratulations, you not only look like a mega 🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬, but you've got nothing to show for it.........
Enjoy your chrome ferry :)

Hennesy venom ftw :embarrassed:

This just needs a runway, the Veyron needs a Nardo Ring or 12km. Unluckily to get a guinness world record you need to keep up your speed for a kilometre, and the only place where can do that belongs to VW, who will not allow you to break their record. Ahh, all these politics.

Can't wait to see how fast the Venom GT2 will be. Hennessey has promised an extra 300 bhp, and when Hennessey says something, it always happens. :D
Oh wow almost forgot about that. I prefer the venom to this new "one:1" thing from koeniggsegg. Never was a huge fan of them.

The venom though, it's the 21st century cobra;

Gorgeous British body, fantastic American engineering

Oh wow almost forgot about that. I prefer the venom to this new "one:1" thing from koeniggsegg. Never was a huge fan of them.

The venom though, it's the 21st century cobra;

Gorgeous British body, fantastic American engineering

Yeah, Koenigsegg always seem close to setting records, but never actually accomplish them. My favourite Koenigsegg would have to be the original CC8S, with its naturally aspirated 655 bhp NASCAR engine.

But even then, I'd still rather have the Venom :D Having seen one up close and personal, it makes quite an impression...both visually and aurally.

Yeah, Koenigsegg always seem close to setting records, but never actually accomplish them. My favourite Koenigsegg would have to be the original CC8S, with its naturally aspirated 655 bhp NASCAR engine.

But even then, I'd still rather have the Venom :D Having seen one up close and personal, it makes quite an impression...both visually and aurally.
Ccx was actually the worlds fattest car for a little bit, the. The veyron *shudder* then came along.....

The Veyron actually set its 253 mph top speed in April of 2005, before the CCX was even released...
Whoopsie, it's the CCR

from Wikipedia:
Speed Record
At its debut, Koenigsegg claimed the CCR to be the fastest production car with a theoretical top speed of more than 395 km/h (245 mph). Said claim was put to test on February 28, 2005, at Italy's Nardò Ring where a team of five Koenigsegg engineers and mechanics together with founder Christian von Koenigsegg ran a standard CCR, driven by Loris Bicocchi to a top speed of 387.87 km/h (241.01 mph), breaking the fastest production car record that was held for 8 years by the McLaren F1. However in April 2005, not long after the CCR claimed the record, a prototype of the long awaited Bugatti Veyron took the crown with a top speed over 400 km/h (249 mph) with the production model reaching 408.47 km/h (253.81 mph).

This just needs a runway, the Veyron needs a Nardo Ring or 12km. Unluckily to get a guinness world record you need to keep up your speed for a kilometre, and the only place where can do that belongs to VW, who will not allow you to break their record. Ahh, all these politics.

There is always the Bonneville Salt Flats..... ;)

Bonneville is about as flat and straight as it gets-plus, salt is actually easier on cars (or at least the tires) than sand. Keeping it from wrecking the car is merely a matter of washing when you are done.

Also, it doesn't matter what the surface is. If you run it, it counts.

Can't wait to see how fast the Venom GT2 will be. Hennessey has promised an extra 300 bhp, and when Hennessey says something, it always happens. :D
> John Hennessey
> Promises
:lol:

You mean the mildly enlarged and supercharged Mustang SVT Cobra engine?

Also the veyron super sport had it's top speed record stripped of it because the other vehicles had a limiter installed.
By the time this post was written, Guinness had already restored the Super Sport's record over a year prior.

If you already knew what I meant, why do you ask?...oh wait...aww, is someone trying to sound clever?...how adorable...

By the time this post was written, Guinness had already restored the Super Sport's record over a year prior.

Umm, nope. The Veyron SS holds no record regardless of the Venom...

> John Hennessey
> Promises
:lol:

I did not know that.

Oh well the veyron is overrated still

If you already knew what I meant, why do you ask?
Because "what you meant" was wrong no matter how you try to dress it up after the fact, with the side effect of making it rather clear you simply don't know what you are talking about when you do try to spin it. It's hard to spin "naturally aspirated" as meaning the same thing as "supercharged", for example.

The CC8S did not use a "naturally aspirated 655 bhp NASCAR engine", which would at the time it was produced make it derived from a carbureted ~5.9L iron block 16-valve OHV V8. It in fact used a modified version of the hottest contemporary Ford Modular engine, most notably used in the SVT Cobra/Lincoln Continental Mk. VIII (32 valve, DOHC heads, all aluminum construction), with a supercharger installed. The CCR used the same engine with a more efficient, twin supercharger design. Post-CCR models use a reworked, heavily strengthened version of the same engine with extensive modifications of Koenigsegg's own design.

Umm, nope.
Umm, yes. Try to look at least some of this stuff up before commenting on it.

...oh wait...aww, is someone trying to sound clever?...how adorable...
It's okay to be wrong about things. It's somewhat less so to be wrong about things, then when it is pointed out that you are wrong to make an exhibition out of yourself.

Last edited:
If this car were in GT, it would've been of course, one of the fastest cars, but the fastest 'Murican car in the game. I bet since GT has incorrect speed physics, the speed of this car would likely be over 500KM/H. Of course, I hope the sound is also aggressive like a true 'Murican muscle engine, not like a generic PD-ish sound.

Last edited:
Because "what you meant" was wrong no matter how you try to dress it up after the fact, with the side effect of making it rather clear you simply don't know what you are talking about when you do try to spin it. It's hard to spin "naturally aspirated" as meaning the same thing as "supercharged", for example.
The CC8S did not use a "naturally aspirated 655 bhp NASCAR engine", which would at the time it was produced make it derived from a carbureted ~5.9L iron block 16-valve OHV V8. It in fact used a modified version of the hottest contemporary Ford Modular engine, most notably used in the SVT Cobra/Lincoln Continental Mk. VIII (32 valve, DOHC heads, all aluminum construction), with a supercharger installed. The CCR used the same engine with a more efficient, twin supercharger design. Post-CCR models use a reworked, heavily strengthened version of the same engine with extensive modifications of Koenigsegg's own design.

I never said that I wasn't wrong. I highlighted a fact that you don't like - that you posted a smartass comment that could have been worded as a simple correction. And it's blatantly obvious that this is true since you spouted back this lengthy and unnecessary comment to someone who clearly couldn't care less, since I didn't even look up the specs the first time.

It's okay to be wrong about things. It's somewhat less so to be wrong about things, then when it is pointed out that you are wrong to make an exhibition out of yourself.

Is it? Oh thanks so much for telling me. And as for the "exhibition" that you speak of...well, your the one who is continuing the conversation...so keep going...

I never said that I wasn't wrong. I highlighted a fact that you don't like - that you posted a smartass comment that could have been worded as a simple correction.
Hi. I'm Tornado. I act like a smartass all over GTP. It gets the job done with people who are full of themselves (as in this case), and I thoroughly enjoy being caustic in that manner. In fact, I wasn't even being particularly sarcastic until your first response. You couldn't be any more wrong about what I don't like people "highlighting" with my posting habits if you just said my username as if it was an insult.

Nice to meet you.

And it's blatantly obvious that this is true since you spouted back this lengthy and unnecessary comment to someone who clearly couldn't care less
> couldn't care less
> goes out of way to get last word in edgewise while blaming others for being wrong

since I didn't even look up the specs the first time.
I'm glad you've been enlightened and admitted your mistake, then. Since that was the entire point, hopefully in the future you won't comment on things without having any clue to their validity; as above with the Veyron's record reinstatement.

Is it? Oh thanks so much for telling me.
As above, you're welcome.

Hi. I'm Tornado. I act like a smartass all over GTP.

Well done, admitting the problem is the first step to bettering yourself.

It gets the job done with people who are full of themselves (as in this case)

Look who's talking...

Nice to meet you.

I know :)

> couldn't care less
> goes out of way to get last word in edgewise while blaming others for being wrong

Seems like I've seen this behaviour somewhere before...

I'm glad you've been enlightened and admitted your mistake, then.

Maybe you have trouble reading. I'll repeat :

I didn't say that I wasn't wrong.

Keep it coming cupcake, I can do this all day...

Back