Here's Every New Car Coming to Gran Turismo 7

• Thread starter Famine
  • 363 comments
Quite a lot of British people in fact...
I know, i was being sarcastic lol
on a different note, how long do you reckon it takes PD to make a car for GT7 (Sport as well)?
If i'm telling an investor.. 3 months lol. In all seriousness though, a month sounds more realistic. 3 just seems ridiculous. And if it really does take that long, then something needs to be done to shorten the design time. I don't need every stich in the interior recreated. i don't need the seatbelt weave to be perfect. I'll gladly accept shoddy sewing in the interior if it means we get more cars. I appreciate the effort they put in as the end results are amazing, but it's just not necessary.

The 6/3 month timeframe is not just for the 3D car model itself, it's everything. Scanning of a real car if required, sound recording and processing, physics calculations, any visual animations required, and so on.

But yes, one reason it's so long is because of the insane minute details they put into them, including places you'll never even see like the rear seats.

I personally don't believe it takes 3 months to design one car.. I just don't. Working in the aerospace industry i see people design insanely complicated CAD models (far more complicated than a digital car) in a matter of a couple weeks. It's more than likely 2 weeks to design it and 2 months for Kaz to decide if he want to utilize it lol.
wow way to undermine literally the entire industry to own kaz.

The 6/3 month timeframe is not just for the 3D car model itself, it's everything. Scanning of a real car if required, sound recording and processing, physics calculations, any visual animations required, and so on.

But yes, one reason it's so long is because of the insane minute details they put into them, including places you'll never even see like the rear seats.
Although the sounds have gotten better, seems like they spent 15 minutes on them in the past.

Last edited:
I care. The same as the two (or three) EK9 Civics. It's a small change to a model that is already complete. Why not? I'd hope they do the same with Evos, and mid 2000 Subarus. Hell, I hope they do it with everything that only needs a facelift to help development times.
My only issue is at what point do you stop with the, in quotes for this example, "duplicates?" I have no problem with them including multiple years of popular cars, but only if it's a short process that doesn't potentially delay the inclusion of new cars altogether.

I don't mind have 8,000,000 different versions of the R34 if it takes like a day per new trim level, but at what point is it excessive and redundant?

Okay, but these cars are really quite far from "minor cosmetic differences":

In fact they're really quite different - the Alfa most of all, since the 4C is a light, crap, 200hp road car and the 4C Gr.3 Road Car is a GT3 car (fictionally) converted from a (fictional) race car as a homologation model, which in the real world would mean almost no common components; a GT3 car only has to share an engine position with the road car it's "based" on, and engine configuration with an engine manufactured by the brand. I'd imagine (if the 4C were eligible for GT3 racing) the monocoque would be the same - the 4C is fully carbon fibre after all - but that's about it.

The 3.0CSLs aren't, for example, the same car with different years. One is a performance road car, developed from the 3.0CS (itself a development of the 2800CS) with a mild overbore to allow it to be eligible for 3.0 class racing, while the other is literally a homologation special with - despite the name - a 3.2-litre race engine. Fun fact, the rear spoiler was illegal as a factory fit item, so BMW shipped them with it removed and in the boot.

While the M4 Safety Car might be a safety car livery and light bar on an M4, it's entirely relevant to have both the regular high performance road car and the ready made motorsport safety car in a motorsport game. You could argue that perhaps there should be a way of modding the M4 into an M4 Safety Car. I'd not argue against that, so long as it was as easy to do as just buying an M4 Safety Car in the first place (which isn't anywhere near as easy as it should be in GT Sport), like "buy M4, go to GT Auto, click 'make safety car lol', done".

The two DC2 Integras only really differ if you care about the differences. In GT it'd amount to an almost imperceptible difference in performance (different gearing, different torque peak) and a handful of visual differences you'd really need to look for.

... and this is highly problematic. What's enough of a difference in performance to offset cosmetic differences - and vice versa?

Something like the DC2 Integra is pretty clear cut - they're damned close in performance and design, and name, and are fundamentally the exact same vehicle with subtle changes. The Clio RS200 is probably the clearest cut, because it's literally the same car twice only with LED headlights the second time. The Alfa is as clear cut the other way: more than twice the power and all that extra aero gives a significant difference in pace.

The 3.0CSL is very, very unclear. As well as a pretty major bundle of cosmetic differences (homologated aero kit, 3.2 engine, slightly more "leicht"), the performance differences are more noticeable due to more power and a wider torque band. Now, we're not talking about Civic VTI vs Civic Type R performance differences, but there's a difference... How different does the difference need to be before it's different enough?

... and then we have the main problem of the problem. Which do you leave out?

For the most part you might say "oh, that's easy, the slower one, because it's a racing game and gotta go fast", but it's really not that simple. I mean, there's an absolute ****load of slow cars in GT and there always has been. It's never been about only the fastest cars, which is why we've had Civic VTIs as well as Type Rs (among many, many other examples).

Sometimes the slower car is the one preferred - people want to drive the one they own. Sometimes it's both - they want to drive the one they own, and aspire to drive the faster one they don't own. A guy up thread wanted to sack off the faster one in a lot of cases because it's not a real car (as if that's ever mattered in GT). Sometimes it's super complicated, and the 3.0CSL is a perfect example: a lot of people prefer the original 3.0CSL, because it's clean and not a gaudy, bewinged monstrosity with a Jimmy Hill chin and knives up the front wings. It's the ultimate expression of the E9 in its original, pure shape. A lot of people like the Batmobile because lol wings.

Of course in principle you could have the original car and GT Auto taking care of the differences, but then you hit a licensing barrier; is BMW willing to allow you license both cars but have players modify the 3.0CSL into the 1973 homologation model? The answer to that one might surprise you (as in there's a solid chance it'd be a "no"; it's not what happened in the real world, and BMW won't want you to think that. Brands can be highly protective of their heritage stuff [or even current stuff, in the case of Maranello], so it's both or neither).

Honestly, on stuff like the two Clios, or the VGT/VGT Gr.1s, or the heinous crap pulled with the MX-5s in GT5/6 (which was well-meaning, but fundamentally broken), I'm right with you. That's straight up duplication. But in most cases cars highlighted as "duplicates" are really a lot more difficult to justify as duplicates than it look on the face of it.
No, I take what you say on board and perhaps my definition of 'duplicate' may well be quite different from someone else.
Having the standard E30 M3 and the M3 Sport Evolution may be great news for some fans as they want to experience both.
I was personally very happy when GTS was given the original 4.2 V8 Audi R8 because virtually all modern racing games have the 5.2 V10 which is very different.
I'm also very fond of obscure cars like the Autobianchi A112 and don't necessarily just want cars that are fast. Overall, the car list is great when compared to any other racing franchise save for Forza's. I just think they could have modelled some different cars from manufacturers that are not present such as Volvo, Koenigsegg, Cadillac etc.
But on a positive note, I love the fact that they added the 308 GTB, Testarossa (absolute nostalgic classic from my childhood) along with some great Porsches and new sports models like the FK8 Civic.

I don't need every stich in the interior recreated. i don't need the seatbelt weave to be perfect. I'll gladly accept shoddy sewing in the interior if it means we get more cars. I appreciate the effort they put in as the end results are amazing, but it's just not necessary.

Not saying I even use the interior for anything, but the attention to detail is why we're all on this forum to begin with. I'm glad they haven't also started displaying trunks and engine bays, but whatever progress they're making on interiors and exteriors is fine. The first two years of GTS we were getting 9-12 cars a month.

My only issue is at what point do you stop with the, in quotes for this example, "duplicates?" I have no problem with them including multiple years of popular cars, but only if it's a short process that doesn't potentially delay the inclusion of new cars altogether.

I don't mind have 8,000,000 different versions of the R34 if it takes like a day per new trim level, but at what point is it excessive and redundant?

Yeah I get it. I think now that they have to prioritize their time a lot more, so they're creating less duplicates in the game. Maybe one additional car at max, but it's not like they're truly duplicate (excluding VGTs). There are measurable differences that might give the player a better experience while taking a fraction of the time to generate

Didn’t the 2018 Focus RS had black mirrors, black roof, and black spoiler? Here in the states the 2018 LE only came in 2 colors. Nitrous Blue and Race Red with carbon accents in the interior.

Didn’t the 2018 Focus RS had black mirrors, black roof, and black spoiler? Here in the states the 2018 LE only came in 2 colors. Nitrous Blue and Race Red with carbon accents in the interior.
My 2017 RS here in stealth grey with roof and mirrors in the same colour, middle part of spoiler is black

For whatever reason the output rate does seem to have reduced. I can't find it in searching but I seem to recall up to the end of GT Sport updates they were outputting around 70 cars per calendar year, between the cars in games at launch and updates.

In 2020 and 2021 they added only 7 cars total to GTS. That means there should have been around 133 models finished in those ywo years that weren't added to GTS. Yet as above, we're only getting around 83. That would mean per year output has gone down to around 45 per year.

Now the most obvious thing to point to is COVID but two points there.

1. We've known for many years that PD operate on a person-per-car basis, so they could have all worked alone at home and not lose any productivity. CAD data can be emailed, there should be little need for huge interactivity when it comes to car modelling.

2. Kaz himself claims COVID did not affect them too much.

Even with COVID if you include the increased outsourcing I would have expected the rate of production to remain level at the least, but it seemingly hasn't. Unless they're holding back 50 completed models to launch as updates, which makes little sense.
Some cars may be "hidden" in the customisation options so to speak. It would take a bit of time and money to model the cosmetic upgrades ON TOP of the standard models, which could be the reason why we have less "new" cars than anticipated.

Last edited:
Some cars may be "hidden" in the customisation options so to speak. It would take a bit of time and money to model the cosmetic upgrades ON TOP of the standard models, which could be the reason why we have less "new" cars than anticipated.
I think Forza did that with one of the Porsches. We could make either a 964 or a classic 911 with the bumper bars. May be the same for us in GT7. There’s an RSR front bumper and maybe a matching rear to make an RSR/IROC 911.

I think Forza did that with one of the Porsches. We could make either a 964 or a classic 911 with the bumper bars. May be the same for us in GT7. There’s an RSR front bumper and maybe a matching rear to make an RSR/IROC 911.
I would lose my **** if we could make the 935, or any of the RWB Porches for that matter...

Last edited:
I would lose my **** if we could make the 935, or any of the RWB Porches for that matter...
Yeah, we’ll have to see if there are overfenders and/or widebody for it. Slant nose would be trick.
B62C9620-CBF0-46D3-B6AA-3ACFE1A50611.png

D4B78F6F-626E-4024-B532-F44CBF6C1578.png

Edit: Another thing about these new cars, love the straight-six road car contingent PD have going:

DB5 ‘64
CSL ‘72
CSL ‘73
E46
E92
F82
Fugu Z
E-Type ‘61
300SL ‘54
240Z 432 ‘72
240ZG ‘71
KPGC10 ‘71
R32 ‘94
R33 ‘97
R34 ‘02
2000GT ‘68
A70 ‘88
A80 ‘97
A90 ‘19
A90 ‘20
Tuscan ‘00

Nice grid.

Last edited:
Yeah, we’ll have to see if there are overfenders and/or widebody for it. Slant nose would be trick.
View attachment 1112438
View attachment 1112439

Edit: Another thing about these new cars, love the straight-six road car contingent PD have going:
DB5 ‘64
CSL ‘72
CSL ‘73
E46
E92
F82
Fugu Z
E-Type ‘61
300SL ‘54
240Z 432 ‘72
240ZG ‘71
KPGC10 ‘71
R32 ‘94
R33 ‘97
R34 ‘02
2000GT ‘68
A70 ‘88
A80 ‘97
A90 ‘19
A90 ‘20
Tuscan ‘00

Nice grid.
Yeah, it looks like a very promising feature.

I'm looking forward to what the wide body option for that 930 and this beaut this will look like:

Screenshot_20220208-095228_YouTube.jpg

My guess is something along the lines of the GT2.

The aftermarket front bumper on this also has me intrigued as well as to what other body style options are available for it:

Screenshot_20220208-100313_YouTube.jpg

Not the most aesthetic looking, but a 512TR/M fixed headlight option or something really extreme such as this, as the aforementioned front bumper looks like it was taken from it, would be a cool choice for it:

zmopizs808z51.jpg

Cannot wait to experiment with a host of classic 70's and 80's cars.

Aesthetical aspects aside, it will be interesting how much of a performance impact the "Wide Body" option will have, and if aero parts other than wings will.

Aesthetical aspects aside, it will be interesting how much of a performance impact the "Wide Body" option will have, and if aero parts other than wings will.
I don't think there's any of performance change according to this menu:
1644317562232.png

Where in GT5, after it incorporated PP, it showed the outcome of RM like this:
1644318511742.png

if we are able to do widebody and body parts on most road cars, i think even with just 420 cars it will be very impressive, no other racing game has done that with that amount of cars, in forza horizon 5 you can just do it on a few cars, and most cars have the same old boring forza wing we had since a least a decade ago, in gt7 you seem to get more customize options both for wings and bodyparts

I think we get to build our cars. You can see the car has roll cage, more power, weight reduction, BBS RS and wider tyres. After the widebody, the specs don’t change at the top of screen.
32A83590-8FC2-457F-B7DE-A395AFF222FA.png

D9B33824-D91E-49DE-BDFC-43B7CDE681DD.png

Last edited:
I think we get to build our cars. You can see the car has roll cage, more power, weight reduction, BBS RS and wider tyres. After the widebody, the specs don’t change at the top of screen.
View attachment 1112481
View attachment 1112479
I wonder if there's options for the widebody style.

I'm not going to complain at the blistered arches on the CSL, but it would be great of there was the option of the vented box flare arches seen more on the US based racing cars too. Perhaps the two models will have different options.

I don't think there's any of performance change according to this menu:
View attachment 1112475
Where in GT5, after it incorporated PP, it showed the outcome of RM like this:
View attachment 1112476
The racing modification had quite a bit more to it than just the visuals though, it scrapped all previously bought upgrades, did the racing exhaust, suspension, transmission etc. Racing interior. Whereas the widebody kit is just a widebody kit, we then build around that.

Last edited:
Yup, RMing a car in GT5 was pretty much turning a road car into a full race car, changing pretty much everything. The widebody feature in GT7 is just another aesthetic option (which is cool as is).

They need to pull a Forza and have modifications affect weight too (by extension PP), however little it may be.

Like some heavy American Racing wheels shouldn't be as effective as Rays or SSRs :lol:

Latest Posts

Back