Here's Every New Car Coming to Gran Turismo 7

• Thread starter Famine
  • 363 comments
The Clio RS200 is probably the clearest cut, because it's literally the same car twice only with LED headlights the second time.
The 2016 is also heavier and I believe in GTS has the Akrapovic exhaust option that the 2015 doesn't.

I know, still minor stuff but I'm a Renault nerd.

The list is excellent when you look at it overall. But viewed as an upgrade to GT Sport, I think it loses some of it's luster. No newer McLarens... 570S, 600lt, 720, 765lt, Senna, Speedtail? No Corvette C8? No new Porsche 911 variant or street legal Cayman GT4? No new M3/4 or M5? No Chiron or Koenisegg?

You would think these are all no brainers, wouldn't you? I'm sure some of them will be coming sometime soon but it's surprising none are for launch.

:crazy:

I'm sorry, but that's just not correct. The Gr3 and GrB cars are more than just modified road cars. They're full on race cars, calling them modifications is like saying I can take a Mustang to a shop and turn it into a GT3 car. It doesn't work like that. If the fictional gr.b cars are meant to be like the real life old ones, then they're the same way. I don't know much GT4 I'll admit, but I'm certain they're more different than just plopping a roll care and rear wing onto a road car.
They let us do so in the past, didn't they? I remember a RM of a Corvette that I used quite a lot in GT6... I don't think that counted as an extra car.

They let us do so in the past, didn't they? I remember a RM of a Corvette that I used quite a lot in GT6... I don't think that counted as an extra car.
It actually counted as a car. Why wouldn't they in a game with 30 Miatas?

And it was a complete different beast altogether, this doesn't make sense.

Last edited:
I like what I see with the car list. I do have a few additions that I would like to see with future updates, as they mentioned in the state of play trailer. I would like them to bring back the Toyota minolta 88c-v, I loved that car in gt4
I'd much rather have the TS010, as I think it'd be a much better fit alongside the TS020 if/when it returns, as well as the current TS030 and TS050. Toss in the GR010 and that'd be great.
and I would like them to add some new Bugattis some new brands like rimac and koenigsegg, I thinkt he koenigsegg would be a great brand to bring into the series.
I'd love to at least see the Chiron, Divo, and Bolide for new models, but I'd also like to see some older ones like the EB110, or the classic Type 35. Maybe even the classy Type 57SC.
Plus we need some of those Senna cars from GT6 back.
I'd love to have them back, too, but in the meantime, I'm very content with the F1500T-A.

I mentioned the Viper just because it's in every edition of Gran Turismo and the MX-5 because we had all the versions of the Miata since the second game. Other than that no specific reason for those two. I could have mentioned other cars. What I was trying to point out is that PD mostly uses the same cars. I do not mind about being a Viper in the game, I like driving it but is doesn't get my hyped when I see a Viper on the list for the 8th time.
I think that I'd rather have both supposedly "obsolete" models and newer ones alongside each other, especially if the models are still good from when they were actually relatively new cars. Besides, I'm still happy to see some cars that've always been in GT games, especially with the new ways to modify cars that we'll be seeing. For example, the Nissan Skyline GT-R (R32). Not to mention that there's the livery editor this time around, and so on.

Now I'm terrible at livery designs, but I still plan to create a custom livery for every car that I modify otherwise, especially by using sponsor stickers featuring companies that had a hand in my build, whether it's Brembo/BBS/Michelin, or made-for-GT brands like Auto+, Understeer Performance, and/or Brighton Antiques. But I digress.

Last edited:
Happy to see the base model 993 Carrera RS in the game, can't say I recall seeing it in any game before. Also glad it didn't replace the Club Sport version from GT Sport and that we get to have both in the game. Along with the 964 Carrera RS, I am a very happy Porsche fan.

We've got hypercar trinity of the 2000s now, hope we can see Porsche 918 and Mclaren P1 soon in the following updates, not a supercar fan, but they did have a place in my teenage years...

I'm excited about some of the new cars. However, the list is fairly disappointing. Especially with the duplicates. I can not even put into words how stupid and frustrating that is. As for the total number of cars, that's also a let down. I would've gladly accepted "Standard" cars again to increase the total number. I don't need an insanely detailed interior, especially considering that i'm not going to see a large majority of it, hell i drive with the hood camera anyway. What makes it seem even worse is the fact the polyphony subbed out a bunch of work to India, yet the game is still only going to have roughly 400 cars.. Yes, yes they can add more, but how long will that take? 3 years to add another 80 cars?

Another annoying thing is, all of this could've been in GT Sport. The tuning shop etc etc. Cause the car list isn't a massive improvement. It really is just GT Sport with some old features tossed in.

I'm excited about some of the new cars. However, the list is fairly disappointing. Especially with the duplicates. I can not even put into words how stupid and frustrating that is. As for the total number of cars, that's also a let down. I would've gladly accepted "Standard" cars again to increase the total number. I don't need an insanely detailed interior, especially considering that i'm not going to see a large majority of it, hell i drive with the hood camera anyway. What makes it seem even worse is the fact the polyphony subbed out a bunch of work to India, yet the game is still only going to have roughly 400 cars.. Yes, yes they can add more, but how long will that take? 3 years to add another 80 cars?

Another annoying thing is, all of this could've been in GT Sport. The tuning shop etc etc. Cause the car list isn't a massive improvement. It really is just GT Sport with some old features tossed in.
It‘s too easy to underestimate how long it takes to create a car for Gran Turismo 7. I believe for GT1 and GT2, it took like a day or two to make cars. For GT3 and GT4, it took longer as the quality was enhanced and for GT5 and GT6, the premiums took like a month or something (more time than GT3 and GT4). Plus there’s licensing and other small obstacles that PD would have to overcome before being able to put out a car which in itself takes like a few months minimum. Personally, I think 420+ is a reasonable starting number and Kaz Yam has already stated that there will be more cars and tracks added in future updates.

It‘s too easy to underestimate how long it takes to create a car for Gran Turismo 7. I believe for GT1 and GT2, it took like a day or two to make cars. For GT3 and GT4, it took longer as the quality was enhanced and for GT5 and GT6, the premiums took like a month or something (more time than GT3 and GT4). Plus there’s licensing and other small obstacles that PD would have to overcome before being able to put out a car which in itself takes like a few months minimum. Personally, I think 420+ is a reasonable starting number and Kaz Yam has already stated that there will be more cars and tracks added in future updates.
If I recall, the current model time is 3 months, now that it is outsourced, premium/super premium models previously took 6 months within PD.

I'm not downplaying how long it takes to make a single car. No doubt it's a long process. I have to disagree though that 420+ cars is far from reasonable since all but 50 cars are just carry over from GT Sport. So basically we've waited roughly 5 years for 50 new cars a few tracks, and some old features from 15+ years ago.

I'm not downplaying how long it takes to make a single car. No doubt it's a long process. I have to disagree though that 420+ cars is far from reasonable since all but 50 cars are just carry over from GT Sport. So basically we've waited roughly 5 years for 50 new cars a few tracks, and some old features from 15+ years ago.
True but then when GT Sport debuted with ”just 168 cars” at day 1 launch, that was somewhat far from reasonable so for day one with “420+ cars” I think it’s reasonable enough with optimism about the number of cars being around say “600” within the next few years or so.

Last edited:
420 - 338 = 50?
I couldn't be bothered to find the exact amount.. That was just a rough guess from looking at the list. So it's 82 cars, WOW. Yeah i'm still not impressed.

Last edited:
I couldn't be bothered to find the exact amount.. That was just a rough guess from looking at the list. So it's 82 cars, WOW. Yeah i'm still not impressed.
You don't have to be impressed, but you're also downplaying the work involved. 82 cars not in GTS, some could have been reworked from GT5/6 premiums but then you also have all new ones (around 50) that take 3 months to build.

3 months x 50 all new cars, 12.5 years total build time. That is a hell of a lot of work, yes it is outsourced predominantly and they can work on multiples at a time, but you do have to be realistic with what is physically possible, alongside what was ongoing development of GTS and it's expanding car roster. Then it starts to become impressive that we are getting so many.

For whatever reason the output rate does seem to have reduced. I can't find it in searching but I seem to recall up to the end of GT Sport updates they were outputting around 70 cars per calendar year, between the cars in games at launch and updates.

In 2020 and 2021 they added only 7 cars total to GTS. That means there should have been around 133 models finished in those ywo years that weren't added to GTS. Yet as above, we're only getting around 83. That would mean per year output has gone down to around 45 per year.

Now the most obvious thing to point to is COVID but two points there.

1. We've known for many years that PD operate on a person-per-car basis, so they could have all worked alone at home and not lose any productivity. CAD data can be emailed, there should be little need for huge interactivity when it comes to car modelling.

2. Kaz himself claims COVID did not affect them too much.

Even with COVID if you include the increased outsourcing I would have expected the rate of production to remain level at the least, but it seemingly hasn't. Unless they're holding back 50 completed models to launch as updates, which makes little sense.

You don't have to be impressed, but you're also downplaying the work involved. 82 cars not in GTS, some could have been reworked from GT5/6 premiums but then you also have all new ones (around 50) that take 3 months to build.

3 months x 50 all new cars, 12.5 years total build time. That is a hell of a lot of work, yes it is outsourced predominantly and they can work on multiples at a time, but you do have to be realistic with what is physically possible, alongside what was ongoing development of GTS and it's expanding car roster. Then it starts to become impressive that we are getting so many.
Funny, whilst trying to find the posts by people estimating how many cars they produce a year I came across a post from yourself saying that you thought GT7 would have 2000 cars at launch, now you're telling people off not being impressed at 420.

I'm gonna just put it out there here for all to see and say GT7 will have 2000 cars at launch.

Kaz has said a few times, in relation to GT7, that he sees no reason to discard the standard cars as so many cars have their own unique fans and would like to hold on to the archive of cars they have built.

"I doubt that we'll be throwing away the standard cars," said Yamauchi. "Each car has its own fans. So I think we'll hang on to the archive. In the meanwhile, some of those cars we may be able to make into Premium cars as they become available - but basically we're more focussed on increasing the number of premium cars."
You must have been SERIOUSLY unimpressed?

For whatever reason the output rate does seem to have reduced. I can't find it in searching but I seem to recall up to the end of GT Sport updates they were outputting around 70 cars per calendar year, between the cars in games at launch and updates.

In 2020 and 2021 they added only 7 cars total to GTS. That means there should have been around 133 models finished in those ywo years that weren't added to GTS. Yet as above, we're only getting around 83. That would mean per year output has gone down to around 45 per year.

Now the most obvious thing to point to is COVID but two points there.

1. We've known for many years that PD operate on a person-per-car basis, so they could have all worked alone at home and not lose any productivity. CAD data can be emailed, there should be little need for huge interactivity when it comes to car modelling.

Even with COVID if you include the increased outsourcing I would have expected the rate of production to remain level at the least, but it seemingly hasn't. Unless they're holding back 50 completed models to launch as updates, which makes little sense.

Funny, whilst trying to find the posts by people estimating how many cars they produce a year I came across a post from yourself saying that you thought GT7 would have 2000 cars at launch, now you're telling people off not being impressed at 420.

Based on Kaz' own comments at the time, as mentioned in said post. Moving them across wouldn't have taken much effort but clearly the backlash from series fans would be huge and the parity across models would be even greater than that in GT6.

I'm not unimpressed in the slightest, the car list is excellent in my opinion, it's missing a few things that would be nice to see or get in the future but for what it is as it stands it is very good, combined with the plethora of customization options, little reason to be disappointed.

Gran Turismo is also the kind of series where nothing would be enough, they do 200 new cars, people complain there should be 300, add 20 new circuits, people still complain about what they want. I'll be happy with what they've given us and enjoy the game immensely.

As soon as I find a PS5..

Okay, but these cars are really quite far from "minor cosmetic differences":

In fact they're really quite different - the Alfa most of all, since the 4C is a light, crap, 200hp road car and the 4C Gr.3 Road Car is a GT3 car (fictionally) converted from a (fictional) race car as a homologation model, which in the real world would mean almost no common components; a GT3 car only has to share an engine position with the road car it's "based" on, and engine configuration with an engine manufactured by the brand. I'd imagine (if the 4C were eligible for GT3 racing) the monocoque would be the same - the 4C is fully carbon fibre after all - but that's about it.

The 3.0CSLs aren't, for example, the same car with different years. One is a performance road car, developed from the 3.0CS (itself a development of the 2800CS) with a mild overbore to allow it to be eligible for 3.0 class racing, while the other is literally a homologation special with - despite the name - a 3.2-litre race engine. Fun fact, the rear spoiler was illegal as a factory fit item, so BMW shipped them with it removed and in the boot.

While the M4 Safety Car might be a safety car livery and light bar on an M4, it's entirely relevant to have both the regular high performance road car and the ready made motorsport safety car in a motorsport game. You could argue that perhaps there should be a way of modding the M4 into an M4 Safety Car. I'd not argue against that, so long as it was as easy to do as just buying an M4 Safety Car in the first place (which isn't anywhere near as easy as it should be in GT Sport), like "buy M4, go to GT Auto, click 'make safety car lol', done".

The two DC2 Integras only really differ if you care about the differences. In GT it'd amount to an almost imperceptible difference in performance (different gearing, different torque peak) and a handful of visual differences you'd really need to look for.

... and this is highly problematic. What's enough of a difference in performance to offset cosmetic differences - and vice versa?

Something like the DC2 Integra is pretty clear cut - they're damned close in performance and design, and name, and are fundamentally the exact same vehicle with subtle changes. The Clio RS200 is probably the clearest cut, because it's literally the same car twice only with LED headlights the second time. The Alfa is as clear cut the other way: more than twice the power and all that extra aero gives a significant difference in pace.

The 3.0CSL is very, very unclear. As well as a pretty major bundle of cosmetic differences (homologated aero kit, 3.2 engine, slightly more "leicht"), the performance differences are more noticeable due to more power and a wider torque band. Now, we're not talking about Civic VTI vs Civic Type R performance differences, but there's a difference... How different does the difference need to be before it's different enough?

... and then we have the main problem of the problem. Which do you leave out?

For the most part you might say "oh, that's easy, the slower one, because it's a racing game and gotta go fast", but it's really not that simple. I mean, there's an absolute ****load of slow cars in GT and there always has been. It's never been about only the fastest cars, which is why we've had Civic VTIs as well as Type Rs (among many, many other examples).

Sometimes the slower car is the one preferred - people want to drive the one they own. Sometimes it's both - they want to drive the one they own, and aspire to drive the faster one they don't own. A guy up thread wanted to sack off the faster one in a lot of cases because it's not a real car (as if that's ever mattered in GT). Sometimes it's super complicated, and the 3.0CSL is a perfect example: a lot of people prefer the original 3.0CSL, because it's clean and not a gaudy, bewinged monstrosity with a Jimmy Hill chin and knives up the front wings. It's the ultimate expression of the E9 in its original, pure shape. A lot of people like the Batmobile because lol wings.

Of course in principle you could have the original car and GT Auto taking care of the differences, but then you hit a licensing barrier; is BMW willing to allow you license both cars but have players modify the 3.0CSL into the 1973 homologation model? The answer to that one might surprise you (as in there's a solid chance it'd be a "no"; it's not what happened in the real world, and BMW won't want you to think that. Brands can be highly protective of their heritage stuff [or even current stuff, in the case of Maranello], so it's both or neither).

Honestly, on stuff like the two Clios, or the VGT/VGT Gr.1s, or the heinous crap pulled with the MX-5s in GT5/6 (which was well-meaning, but fundamentally broken), I'm right with you. That's straight up duplication. But in most cases cars highlighted as "duplicates" are really a lot more difficult to justify as duplicates than it look on the face of it.
Overall I agree.

But when it comes to choosing which version, it shouldn't be that hard. Well, atleast when it comes to Civics and such.

I had a Escort and a Focus Mk2 post-facelift on the family. I would gladly get the Escort RS Cosworth and Focus RS Mk2, without feeling the need for the base models (or even the ST version of that Focus). I always thought that the sportier version is a good representative of said generation of car. This applies to a Civic, to a Golf, a Focus, a Megane, 4-series, C-class, etc. The top of the range, is the better one to have in the game, even if it's not 100% what we own, but it's close enough. And these performance versions are usually the highlight of the entire model.

Even as Civics go, there are a lot more variants that should be prioritized over a slower version of any of the existing models. Be it the 2007 Sedan (premium in GT6), the EP3, 2011 Mugen 2.2, and even other models from the brand, like the CR-Z, CRX, Prelude, newer S2000...

As duplicates go, in past games things wen way past the Miatas. Many Japanese cars had duplicates, I wouldn't be surprised if the list reached almost 200 duplicates. Let's not forget that there were also 3 seasons os Nascar cars in GT6 (2010, 2011 and 2013), which comprised in 3 unique cars each, which then had multiple liveries counting as unique cars. Let's be honest, in GT5 and 6, most players when buying an R34, they would go with the Premium version, making the others pretty much pointless. And the problem is not the having that many versions in the game, is the fact that they count as unique cars. If those trim levels or whatever counted as the same car, and when the player buys them, there was the option of choosing the model, the same way we choose a paint (not counting as a new car), everything would be fine.

Btw, unless I missed it, the Porsche VGT is not on the "over 400" SOP photo. Which could mean that the list is somewhat old. Either that, or they don't have the car fully ready for the game yet.

With outsourcing, that number should actually go up. With the addition of external modifications to cars (which didn't happen in GTS), which certainly takes it's fair share of resources, I'd say the value should level to what it was for GTS. COVID certainly took a hit on it, if not on the modeling process, atleast on the scanning. Don't know how they do the sounds, maybe it's something that can't be done from home, so it could also slow down the process.

But yeah, most of disappointment, must come from the expectation that the game should have atleast 500 cars, judging by the rate they were adding them to GTS.

Last edited:

I personally don't believe it takes 3 months to design one car.. I just don't. Working in the aerospace industry i see people design insanely complicated CAD models (far more complicated than a digital car) in a matter of a couple weeks. It's more than likely 2 weeks to design it and 2 months for Kaz to decide if he want to utilize it lol.

I personally don't believe it takes 3 months to design one car.. I just don't. Working in the aerospace industry i see people design insanely complicated CAD models (far more complicated than a digital car) in a matter of a couple weeks. It's more than likely 2 weeks to design it and 2 months for Kaz to decide if he want to utilize it lol.
Again, you don't have to believe it, but that's what it is.

Source 1- https://www.gtplanet.net/polyphony-digital-may-finally-be-outsourcing-3d-modeling-work/

Talks about the modelling taking 6 months and each model being 1 artists job.

Source 2- https://www.gtplanet.net/polyphony-...ls Now,Months, Outsourced to India – GTPlanet

More recent article confirming outsourcing of modelling and 3 month time on builds.

Take it up with @Famine if you don't believe it, he wrote the articles.

Source 1- https://www.gtplanet.net/polyphony-digital-may-finally-be-outsourcing-3d-modeling-work/

Source 2- https://www.gtplanet.net/polyphony-outsource-car-model-20200913/#:~:text=Gran Turismo Car Models Now,Months, Outsourced to India – GTPlanet

More recent article confirming outsourcing of modelling and 3 month time on builds.

Sounds like a statement to keep investors on their backside, but yeah. I still don't believe it.

Sounds like a statement to keep investors on their backside, but yeah. I still don't believe it.
If they were worried about their investors being on their backside they wouldn't leave 10 years between main releases and consistently miss release windows.

But hey you're in the aerospace industry so what does anyone here know? 😂

Last edited:
The list is excellent when you look at it overall. But viewed as an upgrade to GT Sport, I think it loses some of it's luster. No newer McLarens... 570S, 600lt, 720, 765lt, Senna, Speedtail? No Corvette C8? No new Porsche 911 variant or street legal Cayman GT4? No new M3/4 or M5? No Chiron or Koenisegg?

You would think these are all no brainers, wouldn't you? I'm sure some of them will be coming sometime soon but it's surprising none are for launch.
They all take a while to model, as far as I'm concerned, especially with recently-introduced vehicles that are just around two to three years out on the market (be glad we have the Ferrari F8 Tributo). but Polyphony should understand the fans' desire for Koenigsegg in the franchise. I'd be happy if only the CCX is in GT7, with many more to come.

Remember, back before GT5, fans wanted brands like Ferrari and Lamborghini, we got them during the PS3/PSP era, alongside Bugatti, McLaren, Maserati and many other exotic car manufacturers, then in GT Sport, we got Porsche and De Tomaso. It's really about time Polyphony includes Koenigsegg next. Who knows which other manufacturers we can get in GT7?
If I recall, the current model time is 3 months, now that it is outsourced, premium/super premium models previously took 6 months within PD.
You also have to consider that if it's they choose to outsource a specific car, or prefer to do it all in-house. I really hope they're choosing to outsource every car they add to the game, to various firms now.

Another reason why most of the PS3 premium models haven't made the jump is not only because of licensing, but presumably due to quality control (in theory, they can be ported over, but they have to go through minor polishing to accommodate the more advanced graphics engine, as well as the new sounds and physics, the reason why it takes just as long as any ordinary car to implement them.)
You also have to consider that older cars need a physical car to be sourced in order to scan, either by laser scanning or constant photography from all angles, and model them from there. While this may not always be the case for even newer cars (I think race cars definitely need to be scanned using a physical car too), the process will not always be quite the same.

Kaz did say that Polyphony's staff increased to around 300 people with offices in the States, UK and Germany. The larger manpower could also mean a larger car and track modeling team, all coming from different and diverse backgrounds and mindsets.

Another possible theory that the 420+ cars, plus the 34 tracks and 97 layouts at launch, would be a taste of what's to come before the game evolves into having a huge number of tracks ellipsing the Project CARS franchise, and a car list that would be the wet dream of either Jay Leno, Ralph Lauren or Jerry Seinfeld, and one that can compete with the more recent Forza titles.

I think that a lot of work will have gone into adding aero modifications for the tuning part of GT7 for a lot of the road cars. I wouldn't underestimate the amount of work that has to go into getting all of these parts to fit perfectly to the cars. So, even if the car model was already there in GTS, they will have had to go over them all for GT7.

If they were worried about their investors being on their backside they wouldn't leave 10 years between main releases and consistently miss release windows.

But hey your in the aerospace industry so what does anyone here know? 😂
Hence why you say it takes 3 months to design one car.

Oh, and *You're

Last edited:
Hence why you say it takes 3 months to design one car.
It's not me saying it. It's the people involved in building the cars and developing the game. But what do they know? They're not in the aerospace industry.

Oh, and *You're
Don't rely on Android for worthwhile auto correction. Nice effort at attempting the big brain high ground though.

Source 2- https://www.gtplanet.net/polyphony-outsource-car-model-20200913/#:~:text=Gran Turismo Car Models Now,Months, Outsourced to India – GTPlanet

well...
I couldn't be bothered to find the exact amount..
He couldn't be bothered to find out the right numbers so I'd guess he couldn't be bothered to read these sources either,
But what do I know, never worked in the aerospace industry, even as the tea lady

Last edited:
It's not me saying it. It's the people involved in building the cars and developing the game. But what do they know? They're not in the aerospace industry.

Don't rely on Android for worthwhile auto correction. Nice effort at attempting the big brain high ground though.
Yeah i mean, i'm in the aerospace industry.
He couldn't be bothered to find out the right numbers so I'd guess he couldn't be bothered to read these sources either,
But what do I know, never worked in the aerospace industry, even as the tea lady
Tea? What kind of peasant drinks tea?

Back