Here's How to Score GT Sport's Platinum Trophy

I didn't do it. But yeah I didn't know quitting Sport races was dropping the level since I never did it. Knowing that, it's a way better tip and I'll edit my message.

I never accused you of doing it. The message was for anyone else reading it.

BTW you drop more points by quitting the longer endurance races than the short ones. Both DR and SR suffer quite badly ;-)

It says "Head into Drift Mode.." to get the drifting trophy. But that's just a couple short sections per track to get as many points as you can. Is there anywhere else? I notice that if I open Arcade the "drift" set up screen is locked. Is there a longer track that I can set up drift mode and just cruise around to get the trophy instead of having to restart a 20 second sector a million times?

It says "Head into Drift Mode.." to get the drifting trophy. But that's just a couple short sections per track to get as many points as you can. Is there anywhere else? I notice that if I open Arcade the "drift" set up screen is locked. Is there a longer track that I can set up drift mode and just cruise around to get the trophy instead of having to restart a 20 second sector a million times?

Easiest way to get drift points I found was Arcade/drift/Suzuka East... you get 3 sectors, which pretty much stretch to the full track... I was getting 27-28k/run.

I think the drift trophy can be done fastest in Sardegna. It gives more points per run. It's been a while since I did it but I think it was about 34k per run.

I can set up drift mode and just cruise around to get the trophy instead of having to restart a 20 second sector a million times?
Nope; if there was we'd have given that as advice instead.

And it's about 70 times - should take an hour.

Also a grind and negatively effects other users.

If someone doesn't have the skills to reach those trophies. That's the way to do it. That being said, the percentage of people doing that should'nt effect a lot of people.

If someone doesn't have the skills to reach those trophies. That's the way to do it. That being said, the percentage of people doing that should'nt effect a lot of people.

If someone doesn't have the skills to reach the trophies, they shouldn't get the trophies.

I don't get the need to burn out the trophies as fast as possible? Maybe it's just me. At my current rate, I will get level 50 in about 4 months time. And that's fine. I recently picked up the wins/qualy trophy and thought they would take me most of the year, so happy with that, but if it took me longer, that's ok. If I never got them because I wasn't good enough, that's fine too.

If someone doesn't have the skills to reach the trophies, they shouldn't get the trophies.

I don't get the need to burn out the trophies as fast as possible? Maybe it's just me. At my current rate, I will get level 50 in about 4 months time. And that's fine. I recently picked up the wins/qualy trophy and thought they would take me most of the year, so happy with that, but if it took me longer, that's ok. If I never got them because I wasn't good enough, that's fine too.

That's what I think to. I'm reaching Level 49 today and probably Level 50 in the next two weeks for the Platinum trophy, but that will be the first ever Platinum I get. Getting that trophy should stay rewarding. I wouldn't be happy to get it while ''cheating''.

I do think race wins in sport mode should give more XP reward, or good performances generally, it's pretty paltry considering you can get considerably more in some of the decidedly easy career races.

For all games as far back as I can remember, the game has been to work out the game and play it. The skill to recognise what you need to do to achieve something in the game and do it is no less of a talent than having the skill to do it straightforwardly.

The online trophies have no minimum DR/SR requirement, you just have to start races on pole, finish races and win races. The PSN trophies don't care if you're an S/S alien or a D/E with fists of ham - or a D/E alien sitting down there on purpose. A pole is a pole and a win is a win.

There are other things in the game which do care - the FIA championships, for example. If it mattered, I'm sure it could have been set to "win 91 races with a Driver Rating of S", but it wasn't.

Even so, some people aren't ever going to get that pole position trophy, because however poor the competition is in their lobby, someone always has to be the worst of the lot. Finding 11 people that this person can outqualify, 65 times, is almost infinitely improbable.

I just got my Platinum trophy today (Yaaaay!). Some thoughts and tips:

- Don't pressure yourself too much. Patience and practice are key elements in getting this Platinum
- You don't need a racing wheel setup, Platinum is possible with just a DS4
- Start by getting the campaign to 100% and full gold. I found it lays a good skill base and offers enough content to really grasp the game's driving physics
- If you are stuck on a mission in single player, look up what has worked for others. Don't forget that many challenges allow at least a certain degree of car tuning and tire choice.
- If you have started the game with many driving aids on, try toning them down or ideally deactiviating them over time. You will notice that most cars feel less restricted
- For levelling up I strongly recommend using the X-Bow on Blue Moon Bay method. If you struggle with the car, max out the ride height, set top speed to 320KPH for long gearing, put CAS and TCS on max. With these tweaks you can easily beat even the LaFerrari while being kinda brain AFK. Do pay attention to the close race bonus though, it significantly shortens the time you will need to hit 50!

I am not sure that promoting sandbagging on a big site like this one is such a great idea. Sure, it puts the Sport Mode trophies within reach of more people, but I have noticed a rising denunciation of this tactic within the community. I openly admit to have used the tactic for a while at least, but I felt it significantly decreases the fun and sensation of winning a race.
For the pole position recommend entering the Qualifying time trial by yourself. Without the time limit breathing down your neck, you can shave your personal bests much more relaxed.

These are some pointers from the top of my head. If you have a question about the process, feel free to PM me here or ingame. My PSN is TAU_PS :cheers:

I just got my Platinum trophy today (Yaaaay!). Some thoughts and tips:

- Don't pressure yourself too much. Patience and practice are key elements in getting this Platinum
- You don't need a racing wheel setup, Platinum is possible with just a DS4
- Start by getting the campaign to 100% and full gold. I found it lays a good skill base and offers enough content to really grasp the game's driving physics
- If you are stuck on a mission in single player, look up what has worked for others. Don't forget that many challenges allow at least a certain degree of car tuning and tire choice.
- If you have started the game with many driving aids on, try toning them down or ideally deactiviating them over time. You will notice that most cars feel less restricted
- For levelling up I strongly recommend using the X-Bow on Blue Moon Bay method. If you struggle with the car, max out the ride height, set top speed to 320KPH for long gearing, put CAS and TCS on max. With these tweaks you can easily beat even the LaFerrari while being kinda brain AFK. Do pay attention to the close race bonus though, it significantly shortens the time you will need to hit 50!

I am not sure that promoting sandbagging on a big site like this one is such a great idea. Sure, it puts the Sport Mode trophies within reach of more people, but I have noticed a rising denunciation of this tactic within the community. I openly admit to have used the tactic for a while at least, but I felt it significantly decreases the fun and sensation of winning a race.
For the pole position recommend entering the Qualifying time trial by yourself. Without the time limit breathing down your neck, you can shave your personal bests much more relaxed.

These are some pointers from the top of my head. If you have a question about the process, feel free to PM me here or ingame. My PSN is TAU_PS :cheers:

Congrats buddy :bowdown::cheers: Thanks for the tips!

I have the last 4 golds to get for level 50, pole positions, race wins and no.of races!

I am yet to see anyone who has the platinum trophy without having been bottom feeding the wins/poles/fastest laps from the lowest ranks.

You should not generalise about that. I hit 91 wins and the 65 poles before I completed 100 races.

Well said. I'm not a fast racer but I'm clean and consistent which counts for a lot. But my natural settling point is D to C. I reached B once but my results were so poor it just pushed me back to C then D. So either I'm a bottom feeder or just, as I suspect, crap!

You should not generalise about that. I hit 91 wins and the 65 poles before I completed 100 races.
I still think it's a fair generalisation on my part, you are one of the few people that would 'deserve' the platinum trophy in my opinion, yet I notice you don't have it (platinum trophy). So I'm still yet to see anyone with one.

Nice stats by the way : :bowdown:
upload_2018-3-26_11-41-4.png

I sunk my ratings once deliberately and it didn't help me get any poles or wins cause I had lost all my racing momentum.

For me there's several tracks in which my DR-rating sinks even though I'm doing my best. That way I can keep my momentum going on and cash in on tracks where I'm better at. Maybe that's abusing the system too but atleast it's not losing on purpose.

I still think it's a fair generalisation on my part, you are one of the few people that would 'deserve' the platinum trophy in my opinion,
View attachment 724886
People in the lower ranks deserve the platinum just as much imo.
They race against people of equal skill, just like people with an SS rating race against people of equal skill.
Everyone who is able to get 91 wins whilst racing in their own rank deserves the platinum, weather they are in DR D or DR S.

I am yet to see anyone who has the platinum trophy without having been bottom feeding the wins/poles/fastest laps from the lowest ranks.

Seen plenty but then again I possibly know of more S rated drivers.

I'm currently at about 55 Poles and Wins, out of 315 races. And I've never tanked my rating. So I'm quite close to the pole trophy and I'm about 60% through the wins.

Oh fair play, I assumed the 1000 likes awards had to be done to complete the trophies.

OK so I have now 'seen' someone who has the trophy. I'm not bashing trophy hunters, just the fact that the trophies don't mean anything except OCD. In my search to understand the mindset of trophy hunters, I have come across people actively seeking out games that give easy platinum trophies, just so they can increase their platinum trophy count lol

Edit : maybe I'm just bitter that I hadn't seen a win/pole/fastest lap since progressing past mid DR:B ? Always getting matched with DR:S. Maybe I need to play and different times of the day when those guys are back on the spaceship.

I don't really understand how people are able to get the poles/wins/fastest laps while remaining below DR:B without accepting that they are knowingly staying down there.
I had a look what it's like down there with my sub account and it seems 3 or 4 people in every race were lingering in the lower ranks for the trophies. Certainly the guys truly at that level would never have a chance of picking any up.

Last edited:
People in the lower ranks deserve the platinum just as much imo.
They race against people of equal skill, just like people with an SS rating race against people of equal skill.
Everyone who is able to get 91 wins whilst racing in their own rank deserves the platinum, weather they are in DR D or DR S.

I agree. While not every game is perfect (and which ones are), the trophy system for this game is definitely flawed and encourages sand bagging. Not a fan.

I admit I started looking at the trophies for a couple of other games I play - Driveclub VR and Dirt Rally VR, I felt I had completed both games soon after I got them, but I hadn't got platinum trophies despite still playing them to death. DC VR was missing a couple of silly things like looking at a scarecrow/gnome, so I did them to get the trophy. DR VR needed me to go online in PVP rally cross, something I didn't really like compared to the actual rally driving, but OMG I had a blast and can't wait to get back on tonight. So trophies in some games do encourage you to explore more of the game than you may have missed, but like cjr says, these PD trophies are flawed and ruin the game.

Well im truly at that level and have every trophy except level 50 (and platinum obvs) and most in game awards because I've put the time and effort in. I have a muscle wasting disability and trust me it's not been easy. So what makes you say us guys truly at lower levels will never have a chance of picking any up is beyond me. I will tell you why we have that chance; because we are all SR S and largely DR D and C. Fair and clean. Thought I could speak crap at times but if there was a trophy for it you've just won it.

I had thought platinum trophies, gold trophies indicated that someone was superior at a game than someone with silver and bronze trophies.

It has been an eye opening experience to discover what these trophies really mean.... people collect trophies.

I still don't understand how someone who has put so much effort in to a game can get in to DR:B and then go backwards yet getting better at the game?
And be able to hang around down there but be the best of the bunch to pick up so many wins/poles/fastest laps without increasing DR back up to DR:B where there is a huge range of good and average players.

And I can't understand why someone would even care! Just enjoy the game for you and don't worry about others and how or what they achieve.

Back