Here's How to Score GT Sport's Platinum Trophy

I was not trying to offend anyone that does care about trophies or what they think they've achieved. I was just giving my opinion from outside the bubble.

I had thought platinum trophies, gold trophies indicated that someone was superior at a game than someone with silver and bronze trophies.
Trophies - much like game completion statistics - merely say that someone has completed the requisite tasks. It doesn't say anything about have difficult the tasks were, how many tries it took you or how good you are at the game.

Yeh this trophy lark is all new to me, despite having had a PS3 before PS4, it's not something I had paid much attention to.

Trophies - much like game completion statistics - merely say that someone has completed the requisite tasks. It doesn't say anything about have difficult the tasks were, how many tries it took you or how good you are at the game.
Although, if you had the platinum for gran turismo 5 that would prove you were good at the game. Those vettel events..........

Although, if you had the platinum for gran turismo 5 that would prove you were good at the game. Those vettel events..........
Those event trophies weren't that hard as far as I recall, I always gold the license and challenge stuff, but I just had a look at the GT5 trophy list - and it's just OCD to get the platinum trophy, having the platinum does not imply someone is better at the game than someone without it - in fact you had to smash your car up for one trophy and roll your car for another trophy.. a better 'driver' would never achieve platinum without googling how to get platinum.

I am sorry but I must disagree with you here Famine. Firstly I have the Platinum for GT5/6/Sport, PCARS1&2, Dirt Rally and Assetto Corsa (and other non-racing games).

Yes, some games merely require a walkthough and knowing how to use Google ;-) I do feel the above racing games do require skill and real tenacity. e.g GT5 the Vettel challenges were very difficult and winning two 24hr races (without game save!!!!) was also very trying.

You do need skill, as a driver, tactician and as strategist in working out how to beat the game/developer. It also gets very frustrating when the devs change the physics and how the cars handle without resetting the trophy times e.g. PCARS2 >:-( Also, just try doing all the drift challenges in PCARS2 and tell me there is little skill involved.

Some get their thrills just chucking laps, some get theirs by ramming people online, while others, like me, enjoy beating the game and actually accomplishing something that 99% of people just wont do or can't do or don't have the skills to do.

It doesn't say anything about have difficult the tasks were

Well actually it does. When you look at the trophies on your PS4 it tells you what percentage of players have them and rates their rarity. So therefore, very rare ones must be very hard to get ;-)

Basically, if it was that easy then everyone would just do it.

working out how to beat the game/developer
That's literally the start and end of it. As I've said elsewhere, part of the game of all games is gaming the game itself. You don't have to be amazingly awesome at a game, just work out what the minimum you need to do is. And that is a skill by itself.
I do feel the above racing games do require skill and real tenacity. e.g GT5 the Vettel challenges were very difficult and winning two 24hr races (without game save!!!!) was also very trying.
The Vettel Challenge was difficult to many GT gamers because it was a new level of speed two or three steps beyond what we were used to. The real challenge was driving two laps - or around three minutes - without making any mistakes; if you did that you were almost guaranteed a silver. The time limits were very generous and most people could, if they could be bothered, do each in a couple of hours. And a lot of us couldn't be bothered - I don't even like driving F1 cars in GT, much less that thing and the bloody Tomahawk. GT4's famous Mission 34 was harder - it enforced collision and track limit rules...

The 24 hour races were absolutely not a test of skill. They were regular AI races. The test there was whether you were willing to do them, and how long you could stay awake and leave your PS3 on!

Well actually it does. When you look at the trophies on your PS4 it tells you what percentage of players have them and rates their rarity. So therefore, very rare ones must be very hard to get ;-)

Basically, if it was that easy then everyone would just do it.
That's not necessarily how difficult the tasks are though. A lot of the time it's how time consuming they are. Higher order trophies are rare because people can't be bothered with them.

I mean, look at GT Sport's trophies. Do you think that watching the two Etiquette videos is so hard that 30% of people can't manage it? Nope, it's because they can't be bothered.

GT Sport's Platinum is very difficult, because one of the trophies requires absolute chance. Almost anyone can achieve the other 39 trophies, regardless of skill level, with enough time put into it.

The FIA Championships, race qualifying times and the in-game leaderboards are for showing how good you are. Trophies are for showing how many of the arbitrary tasks you can do.

The below average player will not be able to platinum some games, that is fair to assume.

But basically, for the average player, it is quite straight forward to get platinum trophies with enough time or motivation to bother.

That's why trophies are rare, because people either cannot be bothered, would rather spend their gaming time playing something else, or are below average, or they haven't even looked at what they need to do to get a trophy in order to platinum.

Basically, if everyone would do whatever is necessary to get platinum, then everyone would just do it.

Edit : those 24hr races, OMG did anyone really do them straight? You realise you could pause the game.

I guess you don’t realize how much pain others go through to get the Sport Mode Trophies until you read about it. I platinumed the game back in November on my main account and I just started an Alt Account 9 days ago and already have 77 wins and like 80 poles in 93 races done... the 300+ races and level 50 are the only ones that erk me because of the time consumption required to get them. I plan to platinum the game on this account as well. Who knows maybe even a 3rd time in the next two or three years.

Anyone remember the Venom Hennessy challenge for the DriveClub platinum? Now that was tough, closely followed by the live 24 hours race on Project Cars, mainly because the game would crash half way through :( In fact a few of the Dirt Rally ones were tough too

Anyone remember the Venom Hennessy challenge for the DriveClub platinum? Now that was tough, closely followed by the live 24 hours race on Project Cars, mainly because the game would crash half way through :( In fact a few of the Dirt Rally ones were tough too

Dirt Rally actually requires a lot of skill to platinum. For example:

"Win every stage on a 12 stage event with all assists off" *Although I believe this can be done on the easiest difficulty
"Become Champion at Masters level in Championships"
"Finish in the Top Tier of......" trophies too for online events, which would be the equivalent of being a certain rank in GTS, or maybe the equivalent of getting a qualifying time in the Top %certain

As well as winning championships in a large range of vehicles

I have been driving Dirt Rally VR since day dot with all assists off and hadn't got that trophy, then after googling I realised I had launch control on, switched it off and 12 stages later I had the trophy.
I thought the PVP online was going to be hard, but most people were using a loan car, so even that was easy.
I have 1 million credits to grind in custom championships to platinum.

But in fairness, at least Dirt Rally and Driveclub encourage you to progress. The only argument with GTS is that the awards seem only possible if you stop progressing or are elite, or in a region where not many people play.

"Win every stage on a 12 stage event with all assists off" *Although I believe this can be done on the easiest difficulty
It can be done in a private league without AI opponents. Super easy that way.

I am sorry but I must disagree with you here Famine. Firstly I have the Platinum for GT5/6/Sport, PCARS1&2, Dirt Rally and Assetto Corsa (and other non-racing games).
Platinum for Assetto? That's amazing! 👍

Basically, if everyone would do whatever is necessary to get platinum, then everyone would just do it.

So true.

Not to go off topic too much, but the closest I’ve ever been to a platinum is with LA Noire on PS3.

96% completion with three trophies to go. I just couldn’t be bothered the tedium of getting this particular trophy:

It’s not that I couldn’t do it, I simply didn’t feel like trying over and over to get it. Can’t recall the other two missing trophies. Maybe someday I’ll get inspired to try again.

Platinum for Assetto? That's amazing! 👍

AC platinum trophy was very difficult if you started playing the game after the multiple patches and physics changes. Some of the time trails and races were incredibly challenging even for experienced/skilled simers... to make it worse, there were some that you could only beat by nefarious means (such as quitting to the pits on the start line and gaining a big initial advantage), and at least one that was impossible to beat unless you used the 'disappearing cars' glitch (the Lotus event at Imola was one).

No way an average player using a DS4 is ever going to platinum AC.

Last GT game I found any challenge to the events/licenses was GT4... there were a couple of killers in that one. GTS is just a matter of time/patience (unless you're a complete numpty).

AC platinum trophy was very difficult if you started playing the game after the multiple patches and physics changes. Some of the time trails and races were incredibly challenging even for experienced/skilled simers... to make it worse, there were some that you could only beat by nefarious means (such as quitting to the pits on the start line and gaining a big initial advantage), and at least one that was impossible to beat unless you used the 'disappearing cars' glitch (the Lotus event at Imola was one).

Last GT game I found any challenge to the events/licenses was GT4... there were a couple of killers in that one. GTS is just a matter of time/patience (unless you're a complete numpty).
I got a gold medal in some of the hotlap events with a DS4, but most of them were crazy hard even while aiming for bronze. I also remember trying the pit glitch with the R8 at Catalunya, but the AI set on alien was kicking me anyway!

I got a gold medal in some of the hotlap events with a DS4, but most of them were crazy hard even while aiming for bronze. I also remember trying the pit glitch with the R8 at Catalunya, but the AI set on alien was kicking me anyway!

Yeah, I'd forgotten that one... impossible to beat by fair means. That was another one that required the 'disappearing cars' glitch.

To be fair, I really enjoyed the challenge of the special events for the most part. A real sense of achievement in beating some of the harder ones... the McLaren GT3 at Barcelona for example... where you had to manage the tyre temps across the lap as they over heated if you pushed too hard in the long corners at the start of the lap... when I beat that one I was properly chuffed.

The GT3 Z3 against the two GT2 M3's was another good one - for a long time I thought that one was impossible, but I stuck at it and eventually managed to beat it fairly (massive amount of blocking once I got in front :lol:)

Unfortunately, by the time I got the game there had been so many physics changes vs the initial build (with no changes to the time limits) that a lot of them had become too easy.

I see no point in buying a game to then let a rubber band play for me!
I’d rather not have the trophy if I can’t earn it properly. Where is the satisfaction in not doing it properly?
I’m currently at level 41, all earnt from playing the game normally. If I get to 50 that way then I’ll be pleased, if I don’t then at least I’ve tried and enjoyed actually playing the game

Dirt Rally actually requires a lot of skill to platinum. For example:

"Become Champion at Masters level in Championships"
"Finish in the Top Tier of......" trophies too for online events, which would be the equivalent of being a certain rank in GTS, or maybe the equivalent of getting a qualifying time in the Top %certain

As well as winning championships in a large range of vehicles

I remember them well, one of my proudest platinums alongside the 2 for DriveClub (more of a grind) and Project Cars. Dirt 4 was easier but very grindy

Those event trophies weren't that hard as far as I recall, I always gold the license and challenge stuff, but I just had a look at the GT5 trophy list - and it's just OCD to get the platinum trophy, having the platinum does not imply someone is better at the game than someone without it - in fact you had to smash your car up for one trophy and roll your car for another trophy.. a better 'driver' would never achieve platinum without googling how to get platinum.
No way dude. I will get platinum on gt sport soon enough. Not in gt 5 if I lived 6 lifetimes. I cant help but look in awe at anyone that got a gt 5 platinum. But that's your opinion and your entitled.

Play the game often and good enough and you'll be rewarded with trophys.

Right on...

Play the game often enough, and you'll be rewarded by having played the game. Play the game well, and you'll be rewarded by playing the game well.

Isn't that its own reward? Why does anyone need more?

No way dude. I will get platinum on gt sport soon enough. Not in gt 5 if I lived 6 lifetimes. I cant help but look in awe at anyone that got a gt 5 platinum. But that's your opinion and your entitled.
You may look in awe, I look and laugh. There was no way I would waste my gaming time watching some AI dude lmao, and the rest of these I wasn't aware of without google, just for a platinum trophy...

• Reach B-Spec Level 40.
  • Create and share a track.
  • Spend an insane amount of money on tuning a car.
  • Fill your Garage with 1,000 cars.
  • Buy a used car with 300,000km or more travel distance.
  • Win a race by a margin of 0.01 seconds or less.
  • Train a B-Spec driver up to Class 30 or above.
  • Raise a B-Spec driver to the peak of his career.
  • Collect 256 paint colors.
  • Make a part of your car fall off while driving.
  • Total a car by flipping it over.
  • Take a photo of a Honda passing in front of the Honda head office on the Tokyo R246 track.
  • Take a portrait of a solitary lady who appears on the Marktgasse in Bern.
@cjr3559 I had la noire and don't remember anything as exciting as that, that would be right up my street, all I recall is walking around and multiple choice interviews. I certainly didn't play it far enough to get to any shooting. But damn that guy needs some hand grenades.

Last edited:
You may look in awe, I look and laugh. There was no way I would waste my gaming time watching some AI dude lmao, and the rest of these I wasn't aware of without google, just for a platinum trophy...

• Reach B-Spec Level 40.
  • Create and share a track.
  • Spend an insane amount of money on tuning a car.
  • Fill your Garage with 1,000 cars.
  • Buy a used car with 300,000km or more travel distance.
  • Win a race by a margin of 0.01 seconds or less.
  • Train a B-Spec driver up to Class 30 or above.
  • Raise a B-Spec driver to the peak of his career.
  • Collect 256 paint colors.
  • Make a part of your car fall off while driving.
  • Total a car by flipping it over.
  • Take a photo of a Honda passing in front of the Honda head office on the Tokyo R246 track.
  • Take a portrait of a solitary lady who appears on the Marktgasse in Bern.
@cjr3559 I had la noire and don't remember anything as exciting as that, that would be right up my street, all I recall is walking around and multiple choice interviews. I certainly didn't play it far enough to get to any shooting. But damn that guy needs some hand grenades.
Look sonny. Don't try to start me up. Since your a gt5 platinum holder I'm pretty sure we all wish we were as good as you.

LOL sorry dude, I'm not rubbing your balls or anything :odd:. Just pointing out that platinum doesn't mean anything, individual trophies 'may' but after hearing that some trophies can be 'gamed' on easy level instead of obtaining them at the highest level as you progress through the game naturally, I've lost faith in any trophy meaning anything but box ticking.

I'm sure that for collectors, there is more to it, researching google and persevering to obtain something. People get excited about stamp collecting or train spotting, I don't 'get' that either.

Anyone remember the Venom Hennessy challenge for the DriveClub platinum? Now that was tough,
I remember reading all about that one (I only played DriveClub a year ago when I got my PS4) and how it was this mythical challenge that was nigh-on impossible to beat...

...I did it within 5 laps :lol:

Back on-topic however, Gran Turismo Sport's Trophies are a combination of "checklisting the features of the game"* and ones requiring actual skill/effort. The Trophies for Sport Mode Wins/Pole do require genuine pace, even if they can be made easier by de-ranking yourself.​

*I must point out however that not all Trophies are meant to be challenging, and a number of them are usually conceived by the publisher or marketing team. If a game is the latest in a recurring franchise (Forza, GT, F1 etc.) then you will almost certainly find Trophies that encourage people to try out a new feature or game mode at least once. It's not all about skill mastery.

Edit : those 24hr races, OMG did anyone really do them straight? You realise you could pause the game.

Yes, I paused the game. It also took me 3 days and I used a UPS (uninteruptble power supply) just to make sure there was no power issues with my PS3 and I lost all that hard work. I'll tell you the last 4 hours really got the heart pounding waiting for the PS3 to have a game crash or some other issue ;-)

Again Stotty, thanks for all your help and support with the AC platinum. Cheers :-)

It shows these forums aren't just a place to come and complain but some genuine help and assistance can be achieved.

Last edited by a moderator:
The trophies themselves are not as hard as they appear. As in, not EXTREME. Because you can exploit them by just sandbagging during some races to decrease your DR, to make you face inferior opponents.

I tried to do it legit and got about 23 wins and 22 poles until I reached A rank... As soon as I reached that rank, not a single pole was I able to get and I barely scrapped 2 wins due to other drivers in front giving up or making mistakes. So yeah, I decided to sandbag to decrease my DR but still finish the races without hurting other players, which still helps in getting the 322 races trophy, which is also a bit of a grind to do...

I look at the top 10s every time and I see guys pulling 2-3 seconds on me. No way can I ever get the poles and wins trophies if I try as hard as I can. At least not in this lifetime...

You may look in awe, I look and laugh. There was no way I would waste my gaming time watching some AI dude lmao, and the rest of these I wasn't aware of without google, just for a platinum trophy.

The hardest challenge to get the Platinum in GT5 is actually the "Gold Standart" trophy, which requires you to gold every single event (aside from B and A spec races at the same time, you can do one or the other). And those events include the Sebastian Vettel X Challenges, which are by far the hardest events in probably any car game in the history of gaming itself.

For the B-Spec level, only your PS3 had to do the heavy work while you just needed to sleep. The A-Spec level 40 however was one hell of a grind though.

I know I'm three years late to the party but since the thread has been necromanced already I may as well add that the Vettel Challenge in GT5 isn't difficult at all. As Famine put it, it's all about

gaming the game itself.

If you still own your PS3 and copy of GT5 you can go and gold the challenges right now. Delete the game data and reinstall the game. Now download and install all updates up to the sixth one (1.10). As soon as update 7 starts (62 MB) press Circle to cancel. This turns the most difficult challenge in the game into a cakewalk and owning the trophy is certainly not proof for any super advanced driving skills.

Last edited:
Back