Here's the Finalized Mad Box Console Design — But What's Project CARS Revolution?

I can't believe we're still entertaining this crap :confused:

As much as I enjoy PC2, I despise SMS (well, Ian anyway) under different management I'd probably think about getting it (maybe not), if Ian can't support a £60 game then what chances has anyone got of him supporting a £500 console hmm?

Can you imagine ringing up customer service for support if anything goes wrong with it?

"Erm, yes hello I'd like to report an issue with my Mad Box"

"What issue sir, there's no issues with the Mad Box, it's perfect in every way, your the issue sir, now don't ring back, your banned from ringing customer support, good day sir".

If you want to rebel against the industry & break the mould with something special fair enough, but you need to look after your customers Mr Bell, other wise you'll be celebrating your daughters next birthday in a rubber dinghy, not on a yacht.

Remember, it's us that pays your wages & bigger companies have tried & failed in the past.

Last edited:
I hope it turns out to be a viable 4th console option, so I wish Slightly Mad as much luck and good fortune as they need to become a main stay.

Last edited:
What does this have to do with PC3 not being a realistic shift game? Because that's all it seems like to me

IMO that's not what Mendori was implying. Especially not the realistic term.
Everytime I read something about Shift 3 it's meant in a "it'll be more arcade" way.

I can't help thinking that this whole Mad Box thing is just a big trolling prank...

Yeah the whole, "The public have spoken and we’ve listened" and "Wall Mount" have exposed it's tongue in cheek side.

I still hope it comes out though for a bit of a laugh.

Feels weird for a software studio to jump straight into the console market, but I'm not disapproving of them giving it a shot. Just wonder how they're going to tackle proprietary concepts between exclusivity and 3rd Party support which will undoubtedly be greeted with hesitation, even for ported products. Not to mention the market landscape could be entirely different based on upcoming generations of competing hardware due before 2022.

I'd say its a very very long shot that SMS can make a go of this. History tells us that introducing a games console and making a success of it is a tough thing to do:

Amstrad United Kingdom
APF United States
Atari Inc. United States
Bandai Japan
Apple Inc. United States
BBC/Heber United Kingdom
Binatone United Kingdom
Capcom Japan
Casio Japan
Coleco United States
Commodore Canada
Connor Electronics
Daewoo Electronics South Korea
Emerson Radio United States
Epoch Japan
Fairchild United States
Fujitsu Japan
Funtech Taiwan
Gakken Japan
GCE/Milton Bradley Company United States
General Instrument United States
Henry's United Kingdom
Indrema
Interton Germany
ITT United States
Konix United Kingdom
LJN United States
Magnavox United States
Mattel United States
Memorex/Tandy Corp United States
Microsoft United States
Midway United States
NEC Japan
Nichibutsu Japan
Nintendo
Panasonic
Panasonic/Sanyo Japan/GoldStar South Korea
Phantom
Philips Netherlands
Pioneer Corporation Japan
RCA United States
RDI Video Systems
Sega Japan
Tec Toy Brazil
Sega Japan
SNK Japan
Sony Japan
SSD COMPANY LIMITED Japan
Taito Japan
Takatoku Toys Japan
Tomy Japan
Unisonic United States
VEB Kombinat Mikroelektronik
View-Master Ideal Group, Inc. United States
VM Labs United States
VTech Hong Kong
Worlds of Wonder United States
Zanussi Italy
ZAPiT Canada
Zeebo Inc. United States

All those companies have released games consoles and yet here we are in the 8th generation with only 3 people in the game and Microsoft's Xbox project overall has earned them peanuts. They are running the project at a profit now but losses were incredibly heavy at the start and of course this gens profits are not helped by the kicking they got from Sony this time round.

Seems like a stretch for SMS to make any significant inroads into the dominance of Sony, Nintendo and Microsoft. I wish them luck!

The biggest question I have is not about the console itself (almost irrelevant to be honest) but the online platform that sits behind it which is far more important - and more difficult to build.

A Mad Box, hopefully released in 2022. This means that I'm probably not going to buy a new gaming pc this year.

I'd say its a very very long shot that SMS can make a go of this. History tells us that introducing a games console and making a success of it is a tough thing to do:

Amstrad United Kingdom
APF United States
Atari Inc. United States
Bandai Japan
Apple Inc. United States
BBC/Heber United Kingdom
Binatone United Kingdom
Capcom Japan
Casio Japan
Coleco United States
Commodore Canada
Connor Electronics
Daewoo Electronics South Korea
Emerson Radio United States
Epoch Japan
Fairchild United States
Fujitsu Japan
Funtech Taiwan
Gakken Japan
GCE/Milton Bradley Company United States
General Instrument United States
Henry's United Kingdom
Indrema
Interton Germany
ITT United States
Konix United Kingdom
LJN United States
Magnavox United States
Mattel United States
Memorex/Tandy Corp United States
Microsoft United States
Midway United States
NEC Japan
Nichibutsu Japan
Nintendo
Panasonic
Panasonic/Sanyo Japan/GoldStar South Korea
Phantom
Philips Netherlands
Pioneer Corporation Japan
RCA United States
RDI Video Systems
Sega Japan
Tec Toy Brazil
Sega Japan
SNK Japan
Sony Japan
SSD COMPANY LIMITED Japan
Taito Japan
Takatoku Toys Japan
Tomy Japan
Unisonic United States
VEB Kombinat Mikroelektronik
View-Master Ideal Group, Inc. United States
VM Labs United States
VTech Hong Kong
Worlds of Wonder United States
Zanussi Italy
ZAPiT Canada
Zeebo Inc. United States
And of course let's not forget the OUYA, the most recent and high profile failure. I'd dare say that one by itself is enough to sour people's opinions of a game console from an unknown company nowadays.

Why is this thread in the Sim Racing forum and not Console and PC gaming like the other Mad Box threads?

Is this still a talk?

It's the same a butcher that can't even cut a steak, opening a heart surgery clinic as a surgeon and saying it will be the best clinic in the world.

It won't happen. And if it does, the ones falling for that, are doomed.Lol

I think Valve would be a much bigger name and have the deep pockets to release a more succesfull console platform then a small developer like SMS. They would actually able to beat Sony, Microsoft and Nintendo. Lets call it "Steam Machine" with propiety OS built around the Steam platform! Come to think of it, didnt I hear this before? oh wait.....

Back