Here's Why Bathurst is One of the Best Tracks in the World

I reckon it adds to the trickiness. Spotting a braking point after a huge straight is always tricky, even more so when you're side by side and trying to outbrake another car! Also the speed difference between the twisty bits and the fast bits can be pretty disorienting if you're not used to it. No one ever criticized La Sarthe for being boring despite half its length being straights, because at the end of any straight is always a corner ;)
Straights like the Mulsanne are only interesting when driving modified cars to their maximum top speed in a game like GT/Forza to see how fast they can go, or when you have enough traffic to contend with and/or a vast stretch of ground to cover -- like NFS: The Run, Tokyo Xtreme Racer, Wangan Midnight, The Crew, or with a packed multiclass grid in PCARS2.

Otherwise, a straightaway in a videogame is dead time as far as I'm concerned. Maybe I'm driving a car with a nice engine note, that's fine, but get it over with sooner rather than later. Pitching the car around corners, over crests, and anything else is why I'm playing. :)

It's a nice change of pace,otherwise the track would be overwhelming,one lap full of twists and tight turns that never end.
It would be great. Bathurst would earn a place in my regular rotation of tracks in PCARS2 if it had a short layout that carried you from Forrest's Elbow to Griffins Bend. Neverending twists and tight turns are my jam. :)

It would be great. Bathurst would earn a place in my regular rotation of tracks in PCARS2 if it had a short layout that carried you from Forrest's Elbow to Griffins Bend. Neverending twists and tight turns are my jam. :)

poor wheel drivers would be dead after a 1 hour endurance :lol:

Yep my favourite too. Watched it for over 35 Years. Just love the elevations and twisty nature, wish there were more like it. VR driving around it in anything is incredible.

Back