Here's Why Bathurst is One of the Best Tracks in the World

Discussion in 'Console & PC Gaming' started by GTPNewsWire, Feb 12, 2019 at 1:46 AM.

1. GTPNewsWire

GTPNewsWire Contributing Writer

2. Corsa

Corsa Premium

Best article on gtplanet in recent memory, thank you.
    It's always been my favorite track, in fact I'm constantly in the S397 server practicing.
    Marcel Offermans was racing this past weekend with us at Bathurst it was brilliant running with the man in charge of rF2.
    He is quite quick, I was running 2:07s in the Aston, he was pushing high 2:05s.

3. Aphelion

Aphelion

I love bathurst. One of the best ways to get me to play GTS is daily GT3s on bathurst. Its just so thrilling. It, along with bathurst, remind me of something out of an arcade racer; almost ever corner is a multitasking challenge, cornering, braking, coasting and accelerating all within one second of driving. I managed a 2:01.4 last time it was up on GT3, and considering I rarely play the game I was pretty proud of that time.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2019 at 2:29 AM
  4. Nismonath5

Nismonath5 Premium

I definately agree Bathurst is one of the top tracks on this planet. The best bit is that it provides fierce, intense racing regardless of the cars, slow or fast!

Point proven a few years back when @Vic Reign93 and I dueled at Bathurst in stock EG Civics, and it ended in a dead heat! :eek:

5. Rosinbag1

Rosinbag1

Amazing race and finish

Vic Reign93 and Nismonath5 like this.
  6. Nismonath5

Nismonath5 Premium

Why thank you :sly:

Rosinbag1 likes this.
  7. Theiceman1

Theiceman1

One off my fav tracks!

8. Vic Reign93

Vic Reign93 Premium

Well it does take two to put on a show and that race is definitely up there as one of my favourites(No bias I swear.:lol:).

9. speedemon08

speedemon08

I'm just going to leave this here

10. WanganGhost

WanganGhost

I think bathurst is alot like Monaco a bit. Get it wrong a bit and you are in a wall. But get it right and its magic. Ohh so good.

Michael88, Rosinbag1 and Nismonath5 like this.
  11. 05XR8

05XR8

If anyone gets the chance, visit the real road. Not that the game doesn't show the realness of the blind corners and the concrete walls. It's more about driving at the road legal limit and coming to grips with cars doing three to four times the 60km/h limit! I was driving under 60km/h taking in "how?". From the classic Touring Car Masters(TCM) muscle cars to Supercars to GT3, it IS insane to drive those cars that fast... and in packs!... following bumper to bumper!... and sometimes in the dark! Drivers may be brave, but they respect the mountain.

Rosinbag1, MrCrynox and WanganGhost like this.
  12. Wolfe

Wolfe Premium

What I've never understood about Bathurst is why half its length is rectangular. The good stuff is a wild drive, but the rest is like waiting in line for another turn on the rollercoaster, particularly in a sim racing context.

13. Sick Cylinder

Sick Cylinder

I love Bathurst - especially at night! And I wish we could also race at Longford, Tasmania!

Michael88 likes this.
  14. Moglet

Moglet Premium

I absolutely adore it as a circuit, it's one of the few that I can seem to get consistently fairly good times on. I just love how the car will sink into that turn at the bottom of The Dipper and will give you a bit of extra grip. It feels like you're playing a Wipeout game.

Rosinbag1 and Nismonath5 like this.
  15. Auditore

Auditore

bathurst keeps me on edge for the whole lap,there's no dull moment in this track.

16. GordonS

GordonS

After setting up my new tv this track will be my first 4k experience in gaming. :cheers:
    Very good article!

Nismonath5 and Rosinbag1 like this.
  17. MikeV27

MikeV27

Great track, definitely one of the most challenging for me.

18. flamingchariot

flamingchariot

Definitely one of the most technical tracks...can't seem to get gold on circuit experience but I could race it like a god on previous gt's

19. Ramzacom

Ramzacom

Only keen on GT (and wipeout but it’s not really the place), i only discovered bathurst when gt sport retailed.i can now agree with this thread; it’s in my top3 now. So damn good vibs already in sim racing. Can’t imagine how terrifying it must be IRL

20. gregc

gregc

It's doubly epic in VR with a Group C car...

Fantastic circuit :D

andrew84555, Nismonath5 and Sentry87 like this.
  21. David Brooks

David Brooks

It would have been even more hairy WITHOUT the walls (and that's what it was like)

Nismonath5 likes this.
  22. CapraKiwi

CapraKiwi

It's a street circuit. When it's not race weekend it's an open road with a 60kph speed limit and crawling with cops. Another thing it's missing is kangaroos.

Victoria H, Nismonath5 and Rosinbag1 like this.
  23. Wolfe

Wolfe Premium

A circuit partly made up of a public road, or a circuit that is opened to the public? The Nordschleife or Circuit Gilles de Villeneuve are opened to public traffic, but the Nordschleife is not really a "road" and CGdV is not really a "street".

24. 05XR8

05XR8

How it used to look

David Brooks likes this.
  25. Nismonath5

Nismonath5 Premium

A circuit entirely made up of public roads. Like @CapraKiwi said when it's not being used, it's got a 60km speed limit and is absolutely swamped with police, due to the number of thrill seekers who would love to go blasting down Conrod straight in their daily.

In fact, drive a lap on any sim and you should be able to spot most of the blocked off streets, driveways and access roads.

Wolfe likes this.
  26. TheHun99

TheHun99

Partly made up of a public road. If you look at for example the Bathurst 12 hour schedule, there are the slots where the close and open the roads.

27. TheHun99

TheHun99

Wow, I didn’t know that. I knew about Conrod but thought that it’s a mixture like Le Mans.

Nismonath5 and Wolfe like this.
  28. huiop2

huiop2

This track used to be a nightmare for me because of the incredibly difficult corners in the mid-section of the track.