Hey I'm New :3

  • Thread starter Thread starter PhoneticBD
  • 85 comments
  • 4,099 views
Ok I'll try out the DLC after im done with that stuff, thanks :)

It is an FR so cornering is a bit trickier however once you get used to it your cornering skill will increase higher.
 
It is an FR so cornering is a bit trickier however once you get used to it your cornering skill will increase higher.

Yeah I'll just get used to FF first :)
 
Last edited:
However, if you really want to work on your driving, do the licenses. First pass all of them. Then later on go back to achieve all gold. It will teach you proper braking, throttling, and cornering on all types of corners in all types of cars at all different speeds 👍 I still sometimes visit back and work to sharpen my skills a bit.
 
However, if you really want to work on your driving, do the licenses. First pass all of them. Then later on go back to achieve all gold. It will teach you proper braking, throttling, and cornering on all types of corners in all types of cars at all different speeds 👍 I still sometimes visit back and work to sharpen my skills a bit.

He said something about that...^^ He was doing it but got stuck so I gave him a video link showing which driving line to take and how fast.
 
Not to start an argument but.

I disagree with the getting gold part, that could take way,too long and a bronze is enough to satisfy people (including me because I hate licences).
 
Not to start an argument but.

I disagree with the getting gold part, that could take way,too long and a bronze is enough to satisfy people (including me because I hate licences).

I love licenses, whenever I do a license I'm never satisfied with bronze or silver so I always go for gold :)

Sorry guys for not have been posting for a couple of days I've been moving house, thanks for your feedback guys :D
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Hi!

You know, if you really fancy license tests because they're challenging, this site happens to have a huge collection of racing series full of other drivers looking for challenging competition, and learning to be faster. :)
 
Not to start an argument but.

I disagree with the getting gold part, that could take way,too long and a bronze is enough to satisfy people (including me because I hate licences).

True, you have a point there. But in the S License I just went through each one in one go and got either Silver or gold so it can't be that hard. I only did it for the trophy but if I tried for several times I'm sure I'll get gold on all of them.
 
The licenses make you faster. If you want to be faster, you naturally just end up doing the licenses anyways.
 
I personally learn the racing ways of GT5 by racing and learning the cars by A-spec and Seasonal events.
 
Yeah, but, seasonals and A-spec are really easy. Yeah, you get more money than licenses, but, you don't learn as much. Licenses actually are intentionally difficult; they make you think about driving, not driving about thinking. Or, something like that anyways. :dopey:
 
I did some licences and they were easy.

GT3 to me, had the hardest licences, still haven't got my S licence in GT3 yet and that means I can't do the Polyphony Digital Cup. GT4 was ok difficulty but got my S in that game.
 
I did some licences and they were easy.

GT3 to me, had the hardest licences, still haven't got my S licence in GT3 yet and that means I can't do the Polyphony Digital Cup. GT4 was ok difficulty but got my S in that game.

Go try to get the Renault around the South curve at the Nürburgring. Do it!

I got every license in every GT game except GT3's final license test; the one with the Toyota TSO20 at Monaco. That's a pretty good thing. Then, add into it, that I got every license in every GT game except GT5, before turning 14. :lol: :crazy:
 
Go try to get the Renault around the South curve at the Nürburgring. Do it!

I got every license in every GT game except GT3's final license test; the one with the Toyota TSO20 at Monaco. That's a pretty good thing. Then, add into it, that I got every license in every GT game except GT5, before turning 14. :lol: :crazy:

The only Gran Turismo game I have played is GT5 and all I'm doing is the licences :3
 
Last edited:
The only Gran Turismo game I have played is GT5 and all I'm doing is the licences :3

Would you mind me adding you on PSN? You sound like somebody who actually cares about your driving which I admire.

Best of luck in your license tests.
 
Would you mind me adding you on PSN? You sound like somebody who actually cares about your driving which I admire.

Best of luck in your license tests.

Yeah sure! I do care about my driving so i thrive on getting gold on my licences to improve my performance! :)
 
Last edited:
Yeah sure! I do care about my driving so i thrive on getting gold on my licences to improve my performance! :)

Okay. My PS3 isn't connecting right now but when it does I'll send a request.

Just look for a request from ritabelu1020.

I've golded all licenses in GT5 so if you need any help, I'll do what I can.
 
Okay. My PS3 isn't connecting right now but when it does I'll send a request.

Just look for a request from ritabelu1020.

I've golded all licenses in GT5 so if you need any help, I'll do what I can.

Ok I'll look for your request, and thanks that would be really nice! :)
 
Would you mind me adding you on PSN? You sound like somebody who actually cares about your driving which I admire.

Best of luck in your license tests.

I think I'd like to add you, KinLM. Not only do you care about good driving, you care about good grammar. Not many people properly use "who" in a sentence like you did above. They tend to incorrectly use "that" instead. :)

[For anyone who doesn't understand that:

People are always referred to with "who".

Things are always referred to with "that".

"There are the children who are walking to school."

"There is the table that I bought last week."

I'm sure that almost no one gives a crap, but there's the explanation anyway.]
 
I think I'd like to add you, KinLM. Not only do you care about good driving, you care about good grammar. Not many people properly use "who" in a sentence like you did above. They tend to incorrectly use "that" instead. :)

[For anyone who doesn't understand that:

People are always referred to with "who".

Things are always referred to with "that".

"There are the children who are walking to school."

"There is the table that I bought last week."

I'm sure that almost no one gives a crap, but there's the explanation anyway.]

I'd be more than happy if you'd add me.

Thank you for recognizing the fact that I try to use correct grammar. It rather annoys me that a 15 year old uses better English than most people on this site.
 
I like grammar.

Phonetic, you'll probably enjoy the game more and more, I remember when I tried to just do licenses in GT2. Didn't work, I ended up doing a lot more than just licenses, :lol: Good luck! I see that you signed up for a series, you'll probably love it!!
 
I like grammar.

Phonetic, you'll probably enjoy the game more and more, I remember when I tried to just do licenses in GT2. Didn't work, I ended up doing a lot more than just licenses, :lol: Good luck! I see that you signed up for a series, you'll probably love it!!

I like grammar aswell haha :P
i'm quite enjoying the licences, it poses a challenge and improves my driving skill, thats why i made this forum so i can proceed through the licences and yeah I'm signed up for a tournament my friend made, im sure im going to really enjoy it!
 
I like grammar.

Phonetic, you'll probably enjoy the game more and more, I remember when I tried to just do licenses in GT2. Didn't work, I ended up doing a lot more than just licenses, :lol: Good luck! I see that you signed up for a series, you'll probably love it!!

Wait you know about the FF Touring Car Championship. Do you stalk the series thread or something.

Even though I don't like licences, good luck PhoneticBD and hope you get all gold.
 
Last edited:
Just remember one thing; licenses only show that you can beat a set time (t) around a portion (d) of a track (x) with car (y) tuned to (s) specs. That involves at least 5 variables!

You need to develop a sense of cornering, braking, and accelerating for each specific drive-train and and corner type.

For instance, many people claim FF cars corner better. A novice may find this to be true, however, FF cars generally exhibit under-steer which is the tendency to "pull" to the outside of the turn. Without going into too many physics, I will say the primary reason for this is because the front wheels bear the majority of the load as you brake into the corner (due to weight transfer). Then, they are responsible for steering and accelerating throughout the rest of the corner. This means not all of the traction is devoted to steering since some is used for accelerating. This is even more apparent as you upgrade your car since more power equals more torque which requires greater traction for acceleration. Overall, a FF setup will feel more stable and will be highly predictable. Usually, the best way to drive a FF car through corners is with a modified apex approach. This is different from the usual outside-inside-outside approach because you enter from the outside braking late, slightly overshoot the typical driving line, make a sharp turn back towards the inside of the curve, and slam the pedal to the medal. This effectively equates to a slow entry and a fast exit with very little cornering while accelerating.

Here is a picture showing the typical driving line (dotted) and the modified apex type (solid):
cornering2.gif


Now, note this is the best cornering method for all drive-train types since it generally results in a faster exit speed (especially with FF cars as mentioned above). However, when driving a FR car, especially a high powered one, this approach will often fail in tight and/or sharp corners without extreme focus. FR cars generally exhibit over-steer which is the tendency for the car to dart towards the inside of the apex. This is because the front wheels on FR cars do not share traction between steering and accelerating. But this causes some issues since braking transfers the weight of the car to the front wheels resulting in extreme traction for the front wheels while the drive wheels, which are in the rear, receive little traction. Therefore, many people find that the rear tends to slip and spin when they accelerate through the corner. In order to remedy this, it is best to brake early and feather the throttle through the sharpest point of the turn. This works because the weight of the car is not resting on the front wheels as you exit the sharpest point of your cornering (as shown in the picture) which means the weight is more evenly distributed resulting in cleaner acceleration.

Now, of course, this approach is technical and will work for any drive-train, but FF and AWD cars are typically more forgiving and will allow you to brake later which means you spend more time at speed before the turn. Use this to your advantage when overtaking opponents in a corner.

AWD cars can be either front wheel biased, which is not preferable and caters to economy, or rear wheel biased, which caters to racing and performance. The Golf R32 is a prime example of a front wheel biased AWD car. A Variable Torque Differential will help remedy this, but not by much. The Subaru WRX STi, Lancer Evolution, Nissian Skyline, etc. have typical performance oriented AWD platforms. This AWD aims to improve traction and acceleration by giving some of the power to the front wheels which helps relieve over-steer and rear wheel spinning from a typical FR platform. However, this comes with more weight and more parts for the engine to rotate (inertial mass). Therefore, AWD race cars are not typical while AWD rally cars, where more traction is priority, are very typical.

RR cars are extremely unforgiving. The massive amount of weight in the rear from the engine and transmission often result in slides and spin outs when taking on a corner too aggressively. Driving a RR car is like driving a FR car minus any cornering while braking. Also, losing rear wheel traction while accelerating through the corner is very risky since this opens the door for the weight of the engine to jerk the rear away.

I do apologize for the book, but I feel it is important to understand how different drive-trains call for different racing styles. Of course, equally important is setup and tuning, but that would require a novel! Do a search and find out how to setup a particular drive-train for your driving style.

For instance, I brake aggressively and am cautious while cornering and accelerating. Therefore, my cars are setup to have more over-steer, no traction control, and no limited slip. However, my brakes are set at 10 and 10, and I even add weight to front depending on the race.

If you have any questions, need a car for a particular race, or would like help setting up a car, feel free to add me on PSN. My S/N is vinkreepo. Just put why you are adding me in the friend request.
 
Last edited:
hey guys im new to this type of racing game (real physics) and i LOVE i got a logitech g25 wheel peadle and shifter set. its a little harder with the stearing wheel than the controller any tips? and and will the cars ever be more customiseabel** beside just spoilers,rims and some auro kits?
 
Back