Hey I'm New :3

  • Thread starter Thread starter PhoneticBD
  • 85 comments
  • 4,100 views
Messages
37
Australia
NSW
Messages
PhoneticBD
Hey i'm new, do you guys have any tips for me regarding GT5? I would appreciate some help from the community. :)

-Love Your New Best Friend <3 :3
 
Last edited:
Can you be specific? Anything exactly you'd like to know?

Basically drive fast, stay on the track, and practice practice practice. 👍
 
I would really like to know how to take a quick corner, I'm stuck on one of my licences and I am continualy failing, so I would appreciate some cornering help, :)
 
Last edited:
Which one because on youtube I saw this guy showing what lines to take and how fast...

 
Seems you are getting used to the posting well.

With cornering I recommend using the best tyres to get used to cornering (Racing softs).
Hope to hear from you soon :).
 
Ok thanks for the help everyone, I'll be sure to check out that YouTube video :)
 
Last edited:
If you need help with cornering, I'd advise signing up with the racing school here on GTP. 👍
 
Follow the link in my sig.
 
I'll be sure to sign up for that if I need further help and I will check the link shortly thanks.
 
Last edited:
Practice doing time trials, you learn so much faster, luck...
 
Ok I'll do some time trials.
 
Last edited:
Not trying to start anything with others who've posted but I'd suggest starting of with some fairly low powered cars on comfort and sport tires. Learning to control and corner cars on the less grippy tires will help you out more in the long run.
Many of the newer seasonal events have tire restrictions and are a good way to build up both your bank and XP levels while learning to drive better.
The tuning forum has a number of friendly dedicated people that can help you improve your cars and offer a huge number of tunes to get you going until your more comfortable setting them up yourself.
The seasonal forum is a good place to find information on the various events and tunes for cars you might use for them.
As has already been said practice is the main thing to improvement so get driving.👍👍
 
Wow, thanks for all the useful information, I will definitely try out with the slower cars, and thanks again everyone for all your support. :)
 
Last edited:
Wow, thanks for all the useful information, I will definitely try out with the slower cars, and thanks again everyone for all your support. :)

And Seasonals are definitely the way to go. Massive experience points and credits are earned through driving seasonals.
 
Ok I'll do some seasonals
 
Last edited:
Ok I'll do some seasonals

As long as you have time. They can take a while. I would recommend not using any aids, except abs set to 1. Try not to use the driving line either. And try manual. I use a ds3 not a wheel, and I've mapped my controls so r2 and l2 are accel and decel. Also I use the right stick for shift up and down. 👍
 
Definitely try any of the premium Mazda Miata/MX-5s in the dealership. Low cost, great fun! They're a blast to drive on technical courses like the Nurburgring. But since you're a beginner, the Nurburgring is a big challenge. Start on smaller tracks like Autumn Ring and Suzuka East. Autumn ring will help you with very tight turns that require a significant amount of braking. Suzuka East helps you with longer turns where you're at half-throttle and gives you practice for slowing down from the straightaway into the first turn. Good luck and welcome to the world of Gran Turismo!!! :D :gtpflag:
 
Ok Durp I'll try that out and ok Dan I'll get that car and thanks for welcoming me here, it's been a big help having you guys giving me advice.
 
Last edited:
Ok Durp I'll try that out and ok Dan I'll get that car and thanks for welcoming me here, it's been a big help having you guys giving me advice.

And for the site, use the quote function. It looks like the top of my post, and just click quote.
 
And for the site, use the quote function. It looks like the top of my post, and just click quote.

Ok that probably makes it easier, thats for the tip!
 
Last edited:
FF and 4WD are really helpful during corners. FR and MR are more for drifting and high powered racing.

Have fun on :gtplanet:.
 
FF and 4WD are really helpful during corners. FR and MR are more for drifting and high powered racing.

Have fun on :gtplanet:.

Thanks, i'll focus on the Ford focus cause of the FF :)

And thanks again everybody for the support, if you guys didnt help i would still be slumiting at the bottom of the table, I am seriously taking all this information into account and going to visit every link given and reading over everything twice so i remember, <3 you guys for the help :)
 
Last edited by a moderator:
And thanks again everybody for the support, if you guys didnt help i would still be slumiting at the bottom of the table. :)
:lol: Well people here like to help :).
 
Yes they do! And your all awesome :3

The community here is amazing on Internet standards. And normal standards. No trolls. No random spam. A few people that make you go lolwut?. God mods and admins. Explore. Also, use more than the gt5 fourm.
 
The community here is amazing on Internet standards. And normal standards. No trolls. No random spam. A few people that make you go lolwut?. God mods and admins. Explore. Also, use more than the gt5 fourm.

Your 100% right!
 
Last edited:
Look up eminembestfan2!!!! Look at his I can accel faster than u thread. Hours of entertainment.

It's a shame that thread got locked. If laughter is the best medicine, that thread could have cured cancer.
 
It's a shame that thread got locked. If laughter is the best medicine, that thread could have cured cancer.

Awwwwww.... We can still make jokes. I <3 my super fast 2.2 Camry. I beat everyone.
 
Back