Hidden/secret controls while spectating.

• Thread starter khkenni
  • 36 comments
Denmark
Denmark
Kenni3390
About a month ago, a friend told me that you can remove driver names above cars while watching replays/spectating a race, using keyboard controls, which made me really interested in what else you could do. I played around with it quite a bit and somehow accidentally went into a short replay while spectating a live race, I tried so many times to recreate it, but couldn't do it. Then a couple days ago I accidentally did it again, but managed to figure out what I did, so I kept playing around with it till I got all the controls down.

Here are the controls that I know about.
All this works while spectating a live race, but you need to be in the lobby before the race starts in order to use the replay function.
You also need to put on "Switch keyboards" in the "Spectator Options".

F1: Hides player names above cars.
F4: Shows player names above cars.

F9: Hides the HUD.
F10: Shows car information.
F11: Shows racing information.
F12: Shows player information.

1-9-0: Changes the spectating to the position of the number you're pressing. (0 being 10)
Q-P: Change the spectating car between 11-20.

G: Is Variable Camera type.
H: Is Standard Camera type.
J: Is Bumper view.
K: Is Hood/roof view.
L: Is Chase camera view.

Arrow Key down: Is rear view.

Z: Sets a replay marker. (Replay ends at the point where the live race has gotten to, when you press X, C or V.)
X: Starts a replay 8 seconds before you pressed Z.
C: Starts a replay 13 seconds before you pressed Z.
V: Starts a replay 18 seconds before you pressed Z.
If you haven't set a replay marker (Z) and press X,C or V, it starts a replay from the beginning of the race.

Also if you exit spectating while watching a replay, you will get into a glitched state, where you're not able to do anything until the race you're watching is over, then you return to the lobby like normal.

I made a video showing off all the controls in action.

Last edited:

Attachments

• godisreal.png
    godisreal.png
    12.1 KB · Views: 93
Nice find! 👍 Now, if only there is an option for slow motion cam than it is perfect. We will be able to imitate live race broadcast! :D (Of course still need some realistic damage whenever crash happened though...)

And be careful since it happened to @khkenni and myself while testing it, if you leave spectator mode with the rear view enable via the keyboard and go on track, you'll drive with the rear view per default. You can't turn it off until you go back to spectator mode again.
lol I bet that was an 'interesting' experience.

lol I bet that was an 'interesting' experience.
It was! I did 4 corners before hitting the wall :lol: @khkenni Did better by doing 6 corners!

For the replay mode (a.k.a: saved replays), some functionalities are removed/changed, and only the following ones are working (from what we know):

F1: Hides player names above cars.
F4: Shows player names above cars.

Left Shift Key + 1-9-0: Changes the spectating to the position of the number you're pressing. (0 being 10) (AZERTY keyboard, maybe it's different for a QWERTY keyboard).
Q-P: Change the spectating car between 11-20.

G: Is Variable Camera type.
H: Is Standard Camera type.
J: Is Bumper view.
K: Is Hood/roof view.
L: Is Chase camera view.

Still has no clue for removing names over cars while racing (no spectator/replay) and removing the black bars in replay mode.

Note: Thanks for your work @khkenni :D you'll be able to use softs for the next race!

Note n°2: The keyboard doesn't need to be plugged before entering the replay. If your keyboard doesn't work during the replay, quit and re-enters it, it might solve the problem.

Note n°3: Some of those functionalities can be accessed by the DS4, but doing that with a keyboard prevent the HUD to show, unlike the DS4.

Last edited:
We have no clue @Macboyilija, I know those features were used during early presentations of GT Sport before the game comes out, so they might kept them in the game since it don't change anything to the gameplay and hoped no one would try such things? Or, they did it on purpose to reward the most curious players... So much possibilities :boggled:

At least, even players can enjoy those features, for live (commentaires) events or even races highlights (as I do).

I guess it would be cool to make more people aware from that feature :D

After watching the event at the Nürburgring this weekend, I hope that we can also use everything in the new HUD, the same way that we can use this one.

Can we spectate or watch replayis in cockpit camera?

Is it possiblo to show the laps counter in spectater or replay mode?
It's still only possible to use cockpit view in your own car.

I'm not exactly sure what you mean about the laps counter, if you mean just show the number of laps alone without anything else, then no, not as far as I've found.

I mean if its possible to show the number of total laps of the race and the lap counter for each driver. When I join a lobby I would like to see the number of laps remaining in the race.

Oh I see, no you're not able to get the laps to show if you've joined a lobby after the race has already started.

Back